Freeware Typhoon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeware Typhoon

Looks very nice and from a great group!

Look forward to it.

Wow, this will be a must for me. Looking forward to it also. Another great gift from UKMIL
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Very nice looking model. How is the VC coming along?

no VC at present, I always do the externals first. As a one man team, I cannot do the VC till later

Looking good Gaffer, but then you have better sources than most of us!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

nice Gaffer, great to see a Freeware Typhoon FGR.4 (i assume) in the works! looking forwards to this!...

have a beer on me! whack it on the tab! :salute::ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    nice Gaffer, great to see a Freeware Typhoon FGR.4 (i assume) in the works! looking forwards to this!...

have a beer on me! whack it on the tab! :salute::ernae:
    T2 also coming

truly great news, you the man Gaffer! :ernae:

oh aye laddie - she's quite a filly - but I like big boned American girls....they,re more Phan-tastic nudge nudge wink wink say no more...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I think the intake on the tail is a little too large, and the incorrect shape?

You appear to have modeled the wings straight. They aren't on a Eurofighter. They have compound curves at both ends of the chord along the edges, an inverse camber at the fuselage and the whole wing twists along its length. The leading edge slats follow these compound curves as do the elevons at the rear. The second shot from RAS shows the curves nicely.

Blog Entries
    Exciting!

It may only be the way the screenshots show it, but I'd double-check the width of the nosewheel tires (tyres to you UK folks!). They seem a bit wide. The main look to be a bit wider than they should - but am less sure - again, just what I can glean from screenshots.

This shot shows off the wheel details well. Also, note how the mainwheel struts angle - they're not 90 deg to wing ...

... Also shows RAS and Baz's point about the compound wing surface ....

Finally, the blades/vanes under the nose are way large ...

Keep at it - great effort thus far ....

Daniel

I have the luxury of unlimited access to the aircraft, so I will measure the tyres at work and see.:salute:

"Unlimited access to the aircraft." How cool is that. An FSX aircraft designer's dream. Thanks for the updates and keep'em coming.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMIL View Post
    first twin look:salute:
    Attachment 89418
    Attachment 89419
    WOW!!! Awesome!!!!

Looking superb!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

coming along

PS, UKMIL Club members are getting 'WIP' preview releases of this every week:salute:
    Attachment 89652

coming along

PS, UKMIL Club members are getting 'WIP' preview releases of this every week:salute:
    Attachment 89652
    Are we?
    /me rushes off to look....

UKMIL Club members are getting 'WIP' preview releases of this every week
    Indeed we can play with this wonderful native FSX Typhoon WIP. Thank you very much!

This is version 1.1. I'm using it with the old Iris F16D cockpit. All wrong of course, but I have a back seat for the twin version...

Quote Originally Posted by vonstroheim View Post
    I'm using it with the old Iris F16D cockpit. All wrong of course, but I have a back seat for the twin version...
    I quickly tried exporting the VC of the AlphaSim Typhoon as FSX native using ModelConverterX and loaded it up.
    Numerous issues would need fixing!

Members who have read this thread: 1