Sibwings An-2 is released - Page 16
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Sibwings An-2 is released

I can't believe how lucky we are to be spoiled by all these fantastic liveries by such talented freeware painters. Many thanks!

Does anyone know if there are any US-registered skins being worked on? I know there are only a handful of An-2s here in the States, but it would be neat to see one depicted on the Sibwings model. Maybe the Annushka from Kermit Weeks' collection?
    -Mark

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any US-registered skins being worked on?
    I'm working on the N87AN at the moment. It's an Alaska-based AN-2.

Attachment 88917

I hope to have it ready in the next few days

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I'm working on the N87AN at the moment. It's an Alaska-based AN-2.
    Beautiful! Looks great, Tim.

Thanks.
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Not sure Hani , but i believe this has to be released , finished let the AN-2 drivers decide or if not send a copy across to me and we will see what people think

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    So, I touched up a bit more and ...
    She is in Sibwings library, a package in two versions

Quote Originally Posted by zlin View Post
    My version of Malév's An-2.

Yes!

Precision work!

Thank you! :ernae:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Yes!

Precision work!

Thank you! :ernae:
    Thanks Zsolti, as you know: I'll try to do my best...

Don't know how many of us are aware of the growing collection of An2 repaints at the SibWings site. They're all beautiful and strong evidence of the artistic talent in that part of the world.

What a feast!

Hi all,

Thank you for these repaints of the An2 they're dazzling, I don't know where to start. So....is anyone flying it? Of course I'm joking, everyone is flying it and if . like me, you've been figuring out how to make it fly without engine fires, did anyone else notice their altimeter not displaying the correct altitude? I have activated my Cntl-Z red letter notice so I can refer to that and there is a huge difference in the readings.

I know it is functioning because it moves, it just shows the wrong reading. Does anyone know why this happens or is it probably just on that flight and should fix itself.

Thanks, Cal

Im thinking about new project, and hmmm... found very interesting episode of life of Antonov / PZL Mielec An-2.

In 1997 3 Polish pilots did big challenge - FLY AROUND the WORLD on An-2! They take many sponsors and in near 3 months they did it! (Problems in China, near Korea, ect.. In first plans it was in 22 July - 31 August 1997).

Here whole route: http://maps.google.pl/maps/ms?msa=0&...7&source=embed

It was only in 1997, when Polish crew composed of Waldemar Miszkurka-captain, Andrew Szymanski-II pilot and Bogdan Gajek-engineer, performed so far the only one AN-2 around the world flight. Flight began on July 22 and ended 21st of October 1997. The crew flew nearly 36 000 km. Landed at 31 airports in 16 countries. They spent 188 hours and 2 minutes in the air.

Good idea for FSX mission too.

So will do this repain to celebrate this historic flight!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post

Got it and it's wonderful!

did anyone else notice their altimeter not displaying the correct altitude? I have activated my Cntl-Z red letter notice so I can refer to that and there is a huge difference in the readings.
    Hi Cal,
    The altimeter displays the correct altitude, but it is measured in meters, not feet. Same goes for the airspeed (in kilometers/hr, not knots) and vertical speed indicator (in meters/sec, not feet/min). That's pretty typical for Russian/Soviet-bloc aircraft, and is the reason for the discrepancy you're seeing. Sibwings apparently decided to model the authentic Russian instrumentation, as opposed to a Westernized variant.

A really rough rule of thumb for conversion is to mutiply by three. In other words, if the altimeter in the An-2 shows 1000 meters, this would ballpark out to about 3000 feet. In reality, it's a bit more than 3000ft, but (IMHO) the rough conversion is adequate for the sort of slow and rough flying done by the Antonov.

Good luck!
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Im thinking about new project, and hmmm... found very interesting episode of life of Antonov / PZL Mielec An-2.

In 1997 3 Polish pilots did big challenge - FLY AROUND the WORLD on An-2! They take many sponsors and in near 3 months they did it! (Problems in China, near Korea, ect.. In first plans it was in 22 July - 31 August 1997).

Here whole route: http://maps.google.pl/maps/ms?msa=0&...7&source=embed

Good idea for FSX mission too.

So will do this repain to celebrate this historic flight!
    Hello,

I hope to see this livery added to the wonderful Sibwing Antonov An-2 Thank for this suggestiion.

Have a good day

Benoit
    ALPHA BLEU CIEL Gmax Ac RESTAURAVIA Royale French Navy

So much for super pilot.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for replying. I've been feeling so accomplished getting her to fly and not burn or break up and I'm scuttled by a simple metric gauge. Wow. I had figured out that I was seeing metric on the IAS and VSI so I'm surprised by my confuison on the ALT. I haven't yet tried to figure out the Russian labels or how to work the radio or navigation. I have been challenged by a lot on this plane and I'm sure enjoying it. I thought I'd read the manual but I've sure missed a lot. I did discover the windshield wiper master switch and how to walk to the rear of the cabin.

I also made a change to the cfg as has been suggested by several others but I used 60.0 in place of the 180.0 on the contact point entry and my rear wheel moves very well. Taxiing and tight turning is no problem as long as I go slow.

Thanks for your kind help. Cal

You're welcome. I think we've all been there! Lucky for us it's just a game, otherwise I would've died in a flaming wreck years ago!

Once you get the hang of it, the An-2 isn't really that complicated to operate. It's just a matter of getting used to some of the Russian idiosyncrasies. Take care.
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by bmd View Post
    Hello,

I hope to see this livery added to the wonderful Sibwing Antonov An-2 Thank for this suggestiion.

Have a good day

Benoit
    Yes, it was what I said . I will do it.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    Hani , have it d/loaded and to install this morning , very much looking forward to it , think a special presentation require gluing both yours and Rafal's "YOYO" together ....... < spose to be a big wide grin

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

The AN-2 is such a marvelous job. It's even done, dare I say it, with a touch of Russian humor.

Quote Originally Posted by FleetingThought View Post
    ... with a touch of Russian humor.
    Here its a humor :

Wow. Great deck. Where's the barbeque?? :mixedsmi::mixedsmi::mixedsmi:
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Yeah as Warhorse said wheres the barbeque , I would'nt mind sticking my nose in and have a look <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Now that's what I call a homemade flight simulator!

just wanted to shout out to both sibwings for this aircraft, which is amazing, and to all the repainters here that have done some outrageous work. thanks a lot! I don't know what exists, but I'm now covered in all my ORBX areas with An-2's except for the UK. any UK based Annies that can be repainted?

I believe HA-MKF is based in the UK
    Attachment 88944

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oh, ok. do aircraft need to change reg numbers when they are based in another country after so long, or can they keep their original reg? I admit to being ignorant on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnG View Post
    oh, ok. do aircraft need to change reg numbers when they are based in another country after so long, or can they keep their original reg? I admit to being ignorant on this issue.
    HA-MKF as seen in the photo above used to be OM-UIN the one I flew in at Davidstow in the early 1990s and is now based at Popham.

Martin

Members who have read this thread: 8