Want To Relive The Moon Landing?..

Thread: Want To Relive The Moon Landing?..

Charter Member 2015

Want To Relive The Moon Landing?..

I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

SOH-CM-2023
    Excellent, detailed coverage. I remember watching this on a rented TV when out of town at a summer cottage. Exciting!

Members +
    Thanx for The Memory!....Certainly a milestone in the life for those around then...it was a Highlight of 1969,an otherwise dismal year..Most thought this was the Begining,a JFK dream come true,whats next? America waited..other than some other spectacular NASA missions,none could exceed the world interest in this,Save Apollo 13,a saga in human Drama, Our Space Program Is Over in this Generation!And Humanity is poorer for it!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

POST OF THE MONTH!!!

that is just awesome..great history....i was pretty young and have no memorys of it at all...but the visual of watching and reading the text as you heard the accual voices and also seeing the moon surface onthe center screen...AWESOME!!

thanks for that!!!

Great find, thank you.

Many years ago, I remember NASA had a display of a LM interior.
    What I can't remember was if it was at Kennedy Space Center or the National Air & Space Museum. :isadizzy:

Anyway they had a video loop, with the monitors right outside the LM's windows, so it looked like you were seeing the Apollo 11 landing as Buzz and Neil would have.
    That was pretty cool.

I actually like this presentation through the website better, as you get to hear what was going on in Houston as well.

Absolutely fan-damn-tastic!!!

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

Charter Member 2015
    I'm glad you all enjoyed it. The landings were a bit before my time however!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Awesome link! I well remember the days of the Apollo program, cried when it ended. I so wanted to be an astronaut and go to the moon.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 1