FSX multilayer aircraft stuttering in format

Thread: FSX multilayer aircraft stuttering in format

FSX multilayer aircraft stuttering in format

hi,

when im flying formation with my friend his aircraft is jittering but fsx isn't lagging as my computer is maintaining locked 42FPS and hamchi has a good connection so it cant be that either, is there any type of cfg tweak to fix this?

thanks
    hope you can help
    Roshane"Python" Samarasekara

Who said Kiwis can't fly?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i5 3570K @ 4.6ghz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | G.Skill 16GB Ares | EVGA Nvidia GTX 660 SC | Coolermaster X6 Heatsink | Corsair C70 Case | Seasonic 620W PSU

425th Alouette MAS and VMA214 MAV VA Squadron
    Limit your FPS to 30

Quote Originally Posted by letourn View Post
    Limit your FPS to 30
    I was going to suggest that myself! If I am not mistaken, everyone connected to MP in a session should do the same, correct?

NC

FSX does not have a FPS limitation to the Multiplayer connection that FS9 has.

FSX corrected the bug introduced in FS9 that tied the data exchange rate between players to the frame rate. FSX will only send position data 4 times every second.

I am going to guess you are connecting to a FS Host server. If so you will never get rid of the lag you are seeing. The issue is SimConnect. It is a bottle neck and does not always speak well to FS Host Client.

When you are connected to the Multiplayer session via FS Host you are not using the default multiplayer.dll connection. The Simulator is connecting to FS Host Client by SimConnect and the client connects to the FS Host server.

SimConnect will handle the traffic some days better than others and you will only notice the lag when in close proximity of another player.

This is truly a SimConnect issue and is not an issue with FS Host or FS Host Client.

This lagging issue is not present on a true FSX Multiplayer connection.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

try direct connect to session using game interface and ip address ...

As others have said, if everyone limits their frame rate to the same setting, and maintains that rate, the stuttering should go away. I personally find 24 FPS to be reasonable, but others have their preferences.

Members who have read this thread: 0