More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP

John, any idea when you will be releasing the USAF "YELLOW" PAINT? All your repaints are superb but, the USAF yellow just has a special place in my memories from watching them fly over my home back in the early 1960s.

RD

A little fun with FSRecorder and Wozza's T-6G

One of the unsung features of FSRecorder is the ability to "add" things to a model without having access to the source files. All you do is make an FSX model of the parts and make them their own aircraft model. Then using the advanced playback feature in FSRecorder, you have a flight of the model, in this case Wozza's T-6G, and make a copy of the flight and have the "parts" model fly along in close formation. In this case I took the Harvard parts from the SkyUnlimited Harvard. Some more tweeking would be needed to get a better fit around the exhaust, but I just wanted to show others what's possible.

Wozza's model presented some unique problems when using FSRecorder. Because of the unique coding in Wozza's model and how the engine starts, you need to have the engine already running before doing the flight playback.

Loving the screenshots in this thread. Look forward to the repaints too!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

More Repaints Uploaded

Very nice repaints, Zsolt!

I have just finished uploading my second batch of repaints, which this time totals 9 in all - all of the repaints I have shown in this thread are now either available or have been just uploaded. Now to finish that paintkit and get to the number of requests I've had.

Here are some more screenshots of a few of the late entries:

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Thanks for all the fantastic paints! When you get around to it, here's one more request for the repaint kit.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Thanks John, I'm looking forward to downloading these when I get home from work tonight.

Are these repaints uploaded yet or are they in the "pipeline?"

RD

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    Are these repaints uploaded yet or are they in the "pipeline?"

RD
    They are up and running at www.avsim.com

Marcel (can't wait to get my hands on the repaintkit :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    They are up and running at www.avsim.com Marcel (can't wait to get my hands on the repaintkit :-)
    Thanks Marcel :salute: for the link. A yellow T-6 is once again sitting on the ramp at Bainbridge, GA, circa 1960. Thanks John :salute:for the repaint.

RD

Thanks guys!

As Marcel mentions, all of the repaints I've made are now available at Avsim, and are still waiting to be activated here and at Flightsim.com (usually takes a full day at Flightsim.com). If you'd like to download the newest 9 repaints right now, you can find them all in the "What's New" menu of the file library at Avsim. In total, if you have all of the repaints I've made available, through the two batches of uploads, there will be 15. There may be a few more released over the weekend.

Regarding the paintkit, I'll try to have it sent out to all interested parties sometime between tonight and Saturday night, as soon as I have it packaged together.

Edit: BTW, regarding these latest repaints, only one of them, the "Sweet Diane" paint scheme, is of an example that actually has a tail hook fitted in real life. However, I also provided tail hook textures for the polished factory-finished SNJ and the "6 of Diamonds" SNJ, incase you want to operate those with tail hooks as well.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I've pretty much finished my from-the-ground-up base texture work for the Wozza Texan (though they could use some more refining), so I slapped some paint on it recreating one of my favorites flying today. The real-life aircraft is owned by Paul Ehlen (once owner of the P-51D "Little Horse" and current owner of P-51D "Sierra Sue II") and based out of Flying Cloud airport in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. This aircraft is painted in the same markings it had when it was operated as an instrument trainer during WWII at Craig Field, and is one of the most authentic AT-6 restorations flying today. Although an AT-6D, and not normally associated with such, the restored aircraft is fitted with a nose cone as some examples seen in photos from Craig Field during WWII also sported nose cones.

John,

I would like to see repaint of this one pretty please!

Attachment 89324

Unauthorized "buzzing" of the tower.

I just heard that some "unknown" young cadet just buzzed the tower at Bainbridge Air Base in a YELLOW T-6. As I understand it, it happened so fast that no one got a picture nor "buzz number." As far as my personal knowledge of this incident.....I'm taking the 5th.

RD

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just heard that some "unknown" young cadet just buzzed the tower at Bainbridge Air Base in a YELLOW T-6. As I understand it, it happened so fast that no one got a picture nor "buzz number." As far as my personal knowledge of this incident.....I'm taking the 5th.

RD
    It was the "Great Randini" with his need....a need for speed!

Many thanks John Now available in our add ons library.

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I wonder:isadizzy: if Roger was flying that T-6 that buzzed the tower at Bainbridge Air Base this afternoon? He has been flying a YELLOW one....
    Yellar shore looks good don't it Rog?

RD

I wonder:isadizzy: if Roger was flying that T-6 that buzzed the tower at Bainbridge Air Base this afternoon? He has been flying a YELLOW one....
    Yellar shore looks good don't it Rog?

RD
    Ha ha,
    John's done a great job and yes there are now several yellow ones
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks John great repaints......... you are now responsible for fsx being reinstalled
    The source code for Vista may very well be the longest suicide note in history

Nice RNZAF paint Zsolt .. , now i see i have Warwick here , wonder if its possible for a build without a spinner and the early canopy framing , would go down a treat for us roaring forties . <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Merci beaucoup John...

Your work is superb and an inspiration to others to try to "wring" the very best out of these flying wonders...

Fleurdelys

John, thank you very, very, VERY much for these superb repaints. Truly a first class effort and product on your part. :salute:

N.

Amazing work. I just downloaded the latest set of paints. My hard drive is filling up fast.

Hey Warwick, good to see you here again! Nice of you to drop in!

Huub

Charter Member 2011
    Really, a great pile of liveries for a great model!

Cheers
    Larry

Thanks John, it is really a pity you can only fly one livery at the time

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 69