I've pretty much finished my from-the-ground-up base texture work for the Wozza Texan (though they could use some more refining), so I slapped some paint on it recreating one of my favorites flying today. The real-life aircraft is owned by Paul Ehlen (once owner of the P-51D "Little Horse" and current owner of P-51D "Sierra Sue II") and based out of Flying Cloud airport in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. This aircraft is painted in the same markings it had when it was operated as an instrument trainer during WWII at Craig Field, and is one of the most authentic AT-6 restorations flying today. Although an AT-6D, and not normally associated with such, the restored aircraft is fitted with a nose cone as some examples seen in photos from Craig Field during WWII also sported nose cones.

I still have to add the correct prop blur (to match the authentic period prop textures), add new landing gear strut textures, a new tail wheel tire texture (getting rid of the white text), and do some wheel well color adjustment. The textures include new bump maps to follow with the fact that many of the panel lines and rivets have been changed, and new details added to the fabric control surfaces on the tail, etc. This one is an all-over silver painted example, though there will be some bare metal ones (of varying degrees of polish) to come.