More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP

John, I was just wondering if in your list of repaints, there is a YELLOW U.S. Air Force version like you did before?

RD

Wonderful, wonderful repaints.....thank you very much indeed.

I always that the reason the T-6 ground looped was due to the fact that it lost all Rudder Authority when three pointed onto the ground and so nearly all of my landings/arrivals were on the mains and then let the tail settle at low speed. She does flick very easily at slow speeds and we had a number of accidents in the UK in the 80s/90s due to low speeds in aerobatics (top of a loop etc) where she would suddenly start to spin. One RAF IIB was lost in a spinning accident in 1982 and after this British T-6s are not cleared for spinning.

I used to run a service for UK Harvard owners and repaint their own examples into specific and accurate colours. Four of the ones now flying over here are thus painted - CTKL/TVIJ/TEXN/BKRA. Only the latter two would be specific to this flightsim model as they are both 'G's. David Gilmour's SNJ-7C G-BRVG is based on the T-6G, but is rather unique as has a cockpit like no other T-6 and is probably one of the rarest members of the T-6 family as although over 22000 were built, only 6 SNJ-7s were created (US Navy version of the T-6G program) and this is the sole survivor. Think this is the best entry in my logbook!

Best wishes,

Martin

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Amazing work John! It doesn't even look like the same model!

NAA Formation

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Wow, Rick, I especially like that first shot! The formation reminds me of this one, that was put together in the fall of 2011, I believe, with three Midwest Aero restored aircraft (restorer of some of my most favorite warbirds flying today).

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Thank you all again for your replies and feedback, I really appreciate it!

Here's a preview of one from the next batch of six (which will also include a couple of Harvards and another highly-polished bare metal example):

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

really fine work on the venerable trainer sir - thank you for your willingness to share them
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Ooooh... I have a particular screenshot I know I'll do when the nice yellow harvards join the fray! Well done! Looks great!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thank you all again for your replies and feedback, I really appreciate it!

Here's a preview of one from the next batch of six (which will also include a couple of Harvards and another highly-polished bare metal example):

Well John, that screen shot certainly answers my question about a yellow one. Thank You....

RD

The paintkit available?

:mixedsmi:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Very cool screenshot and preview John! Look forward to seeing what else you have planned for us!!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Amazing work again John! You are truly a great artist! :salute:

Cheers,
    Huub

Top notch work going on here!!...your quality repaints are breathing new exciting life into what is a fine freeware aircraft!!!!!!! I been flying it this week in your new paints playing hooky from my work on the Great Lakes....thank you for your generous effort!

wow, some amazing work you've done here John! I've been on the road for a while, and on my return I not only find two fine looking new biplanes (downloading now), but also a complete new look for the T-6. They look utterly fantastic, John, I wish I could paint like you. Should this indeed get to the stage of a paintkit, count me in then, let's see if we can make those 100 paints...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

JanKees, the country you live in now flew nice aluminium dope Harvards. They even had a demonstration team flying Harvards!

Just to increase you appetite

Cheers,
    Huub

THanks, your repaints are amazing! can someone do an RNZAF paint? Pls.....
    Roshane"Python" Samarasekara

Who said Kiwis can't fly?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i5 3570K @ 4.6ghz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | G.Skill 16GB Ares | EVGA Nvidia GTX 660 SC | Coolermaster X6 Heatsink | Corsair C70 Case | Seasonic 620W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    The paintkit available?
    :mixedsmi:
    Me three no pressure intended John

Marcel

Those are some fantastic beautifully excecuted Paints!

Well done

Some pics... BTW, thanbks for your Nvidia Anti Analising settings, they work so well with FSX

Roshane"Python" Samarasekara

Who said Kiwis can't fly?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i5 3570K @ 4.6ghz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | G.Skill 16GB Ares | EVGA Nvidia GTX 660 SC | Coolermaster X6 Heatsink | Corsair C70 Case | Seasonic 620W PSU

WOW!! Are any of these available yet? And I read someything about cockpit enhancements?

Dumonceau, check on flightsim.com, search for file names jt_at6*
    EDIT: I'm stupid -> the repaints were also uploaded here at SimOuthouse, in the FSX Skins section. Sorry guys !

Thank you so much John for these fantastic repaints. The 3D model of this plane was already a blast, but with these new textures that you made, it got to a totally new level.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Hey guys, in each of the descriptions it mentions requiring the update to be installed first, both when you read the descriptions before downloading the repaints, and then again when you read the readme files contained before installing them - I trust you all do that, right? : )

When you install the original Warwick Carter Texan, after un-zipping the contents into the FSX Airplanes folder, you should have a folder that is called 'fsds_t-6'. When you download the Warwick Carter Texan update, there is a readme that explains how to install it and what the fixes are. When installing the update, you are just installing the new folders over the originals, overwriting when prompted (thus replacing the previous file). Not only does the update change the cowling mapping (with a few more additional textures as a result), it also corrects some gauge items/problems from the original release.

When making these repaints, I kept most of the textures in their original native size, though for a couple of the cockpit textures and the cowl textures I doubled their resolution so that I could add more detail to some select items (like the seat cushion, instrument panel (radio call plate), and cowl artwork).
    John

THere is now a newer version that eliminates the updates:

T-6G Texan for FSXA/Sp2 Ver1.1
    ===============================================
    FSXA T-6G Texan "civilian restoration"
    Undoubtedly the most famous trainer of WW2,The T-6 is a big aircraft possessing a fuselage length of 29 ft and a wingspan of 42 ft the later being greater than some of the front line fighters of WW2, yet it has about half the horsepower. As a trainer it could punish as quickly as it rewarded yet once a pilot qualified in a Texan, they could qualify in any aircraft. Built using the fsx acceleration sdk with fsds and fsdstweak.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...n+&categoryId=

and repaints (NAVY)

http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...za&categoryId=

Question is....Where are the Navy repaints WITH tailhooks......?

The first six repaints have all been available here, at Flightsim.com, and at Avsim. Each one has new interior VC textures (either interior green, bronze green, or gray, depending on the real-life restoration (not to mention each having new engine textures and individual gear well, flap well, and landing gear textures)). Several of the exterior textures have VC textures as part of them anyway, so they all have to have some level of attention given to them. (For this reason, you're not going to want to try and swap VC textures, as when doing so you will also being changing elements of the paint work on the exterior of the model as well (such as the canopy framing, landing gear doors, and wheels.)

Unfortunately, as illustrated by Daube's images, I haven't been paying attention to the tail hook textures (with the exception of VH-NZH, even though very simply and not really intended), as none of the examples I've done yet are meant to have the tail hook displayed. There will be a late SNJ example scheme in the up-coming next set of repaints where the tail hook will get some attention (and surely not the last).

Regarding the paintkit, to reiterate, it will be finished and provided to all of those who have contacted me privately or via this thread as soon as I get to it, and I assure you, everyone who has expressed any bit of interest in it will receive it - 'making a paintkit' isn't something I consider to be fun or enjoyable, as it usually is always a tedious and long process that I otherwise wouldn't mind avoiding, except that hopefully others will have some enjoyment with the results of the effort. With this aircraft there are many different individual textures as well, so it only makes the process longer. I'll be adding wireframes into the layered texture sheets on separate layers, and add titles for various parts/sections on another layer, overlaying the texture sheets (to be turned on/off to reference), along with perhaps a 'roadmap' text file, as it can be hard to find many particular items.

Right now, though, after having had several starts/stops with making textures like this for this aircraft over the past year or so, I'm still in the mode of just having fun and enjoying this place I've finally reached with it. ; )

Great Job on the paints Sure fun to fly them
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    John, your work on these textures is absolutely breathtaking! I'm glad you are having as much fun painting them as I am flying around taking a screenshot every ten seconds or so!! I cannot thank you enough for transforming an already great model into such a thing of beauty. My hat is off to you for taking the time to do these paints, and for sharing your hard work with the rest of us. I really appreciate it, my friend. :salute:

Members who have read this thread: 69