More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP

Nice screenshot, Huub! The owner of that aircraft mentioned a couple weeks back that he had recently actually had a gentleman come up to him and first ask if it was a Spitfire, and when the owner said no, the guy asked if it were a Typhoon! : )

The paint kit that I've put together has now just been sent out to all who have requested it (and to some who haven't), via PM. If you did request to have a copy of the paint kit and haven't received the PM, please let me know.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Nice screenshot, Huub! The owner of that aircraft mentioned a couple weeks back that he had recently actually had a gentleman come up to him and first ask if it was a Spitfire, and when the owner said no, the guy asked if it were a Typhoon! : )
    Should've told him it was an RAF Thunderbolt from "A Bridge Too Far" :greenbo:

N.

That would be a cool repaint, or two, to do, Neil! That particular Harvard is painted in an RAF Typhoon inspired paint scheme (at least the detailed markings/codes), but when it finished restoration it was actually painted in Japanese markings (where most of the green paint comes from).

I'm going to be fairly well tied up with other things over the next couple of weeks, though I still have several repaint requests to get to. I'll try to get to them when I can!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

John, check your PM's, I have a repaint question for you that won't take up much of your time.

A huge THANK YOU for all the repaints and the paintkit, Bomber_12th! You are a very generous man, and all your hard work is certainly appreciated. Wilco on your instructions and advice about repainting this bird.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

A nice one again Zsolt!

Thanks,
    Huub

Where's the "Like" button. I want to click them all.
    Have always been an SNJ/T-6 fan and love seeing new liveries.
    :ernae:

john once again sir.....thank you for all your talents.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    john once again sir.....thank you for all your talents.

multiplayer pics?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Thank you John! Yesterday I got a very nice message from Olivier Lacombe, who flies and whose family owns that green Harvard.

Here's some vid of the real deal taking off from St. Hyacinthe (CSU3), P.Q.:

...and landing

There's a nice scenery for St. Hyacinthe available here. Just look under "Scenes FSX" for St. Hyacinthe CSU3

N.

BTW. the hills displayed in the region are the famous Monteregian Hills, ancient igneous intrusion/volcanic structures

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    multiplayer pics?

No I do flight recorder flights. Wish I could fly online with someone.....I don't have team speak so its kinda hard.

I posted this in the screenshots thread too, but I thought it was an interesting coincidence, having just made a repaint of the aircraft, that it is now listed for sale (one of the nicest SNJ's/T-6's around (you can't argue with an Airpower Unlimited restoration)): http://www.platinumfighters.com/#!snj-6-n45ck/c2dk

The aircraft is relatively fresh out of a ground-up restoration, as noted. Before this latest restoration, it had been involved in quite a serious accident, but fortunately didn't turn out to be as serious as it could have been: http://warbirdinformationexchange.or...t=9952&start=0

I thought I would dig up this old thread to show some new repaints I've been working on. Once I've got about 8 put together, I'll upload them all at once, with likely more following those.

Here, so-far, are three wartime examples that operated from Luke Army Air Field. All of the repaints I have currently planned are of historical/wartime schemes.

As Wozza's version is my default T-6 these days, these repaints are very welcome john!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

John, these are my favorite of all your T-6 repaints thus far! I wish I possessed even a 1/4 of your talent at repainting! These will be very nice to have as "training" aircraft. Very nice indeed!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Stunning work. I can't wait to add to the Wozza collection.

d

I appreciate ALL repainters' efforts, but the best of you share a rare gift to make aeroplanes look like they live and breathe. Just amazing work.

Availble for Download?

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I posted this in the screenshots thread too, but I thought it was an interesting coincidence, having just made a repaint of the aircraft, that it is now listed for sale (one of the nicest SNJ's/T-6's around (you can't argue with an Airpower Unlimited restoration)): http://www.platinumfighters.com/#!snj-6-n45ck/c2dk

The aircraft is relatively fresh out of a ground-up restoration, as noted. Before this latest restoration, it had been involved in quite a serious accident, but fortunately didn't turn out to be as serious as it could have been: http://warbirdinformationexchange.or...t=9952&start=0

John,
    I really like the looks of this one...Is it a WIP or available now?

Boy am I confused. In my AT6 file the textures 1 and 2 folders have 28 items (textmod.zip added) while the paints from John Terrell have 48 items. The 1 and 2 planes are perfectly normal while John's paints are visually impaired - missing gear legs, wheel wells and spinner. Could someone with both textures 1 and 2 and John's collection, operating normally, please post a screenie of both texture folder contents so I can sort mine out. Thanks.
    Last edited by olderndirt; January 3rd, 2014 at 13:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    As Wozza's version is my default T-6 these days, these repaints are very welcome john!
    +1
    wonderful work, John

Members who have read this thread: 69