More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP

Banned
    Blog Entries

Maybe a couple more?

John,

After looking at all those Texan repaints of yours, I remembered that I have some photos of a few Texans + a P51 ( I know you are a big fan).
    These planes were in Halls TN (a former WWII B-17 training base) North of KNQA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_...28Tennessee%29

A repaint of the Navy SNJ below would be nice (hint-hint)

Attachment 88912
    OT: A picture of yours truly with this P51 (did you ever make a skin of this one?)
    Attachment 88920

Having Way too much fun with Your T-6 repaint!

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Guys, I love reading the information you've posted, and photos you've shared! (Cirrus, you'll want to download fsds_t-6update.zip from Flightsim.com and install the updated model files so that the cowling textures will show up properly.)

Randy, what an experience that must have been! There are some really great (and some scary) stories of pilots in training flying these over the American countryside during WWII, and terrorizing the local residents with their forms of fun. : )

I decided to have a flight with the Fantasy of Flight Texan this evening, and here are some shots.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

On the paintkit front, I'll try to see if I can have it together over this coming weekend (I'll be away all day tomorrow, but I'll see if I can't get this next batch of repaints finished up and uploaded on Friday - it's looking like 8 more repaints in all that I'll be uploading with the next installment).
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    On the paintkit front, I'll try to see if I can have it together over this coming weekend (I'll be away all day tomorrow, but I'll see if I can't get this next batch of repaints finished up and uploaded on Friday - it's looking like 8 more repaints in all that I'll be uploading with the next installment).
    thank you very much for your kindness bomber_12th
    Marty

Ooops. Seems I need to post a correction to my last post. When John wrote that he was working on some re-paints for the Harvard, I just assumed that he was talking about making some new textures for the SkyUnlimited Harvard model. Apparently I was mistaken. It's the classic example of what can happen when one assumes.

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    John, I'm sure you've been asked before, but my feeble mind does not recall... What scenery is that with the farm fields over which you took those awesome screensots?

John, you weren't mistaken, I still have a boat-load of repaints to be made for the SkyUnlimited models, and on those they can all be used with correct models for the types. For the time-being, I've just been focused first on the Wozza model.

Quicksand, the fields seen in many of my screenshots are part of the ground/scenery textures in the ORBX PNW scenery addon. I've found areas where these fields go on and on, and I think they can provide some superb backdrops (the colors always look spot on, and the detail is superb (even with tractors working some of the fields)).

I've been going through and doing some final testing and taking some screenshots of a few of the last repaints I haven't shown yet.

Here's one of them, a depiction of the SNJ owned by Jim Beasley Jr. (former "6 of Diamonds" and "Horseman Aerobatic Team" pilot). The general markings on this aircraft are of course those of the SNJ's that were based at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. There are however some details that are personal to the Beasley family (Jim Beasley Jr. and the late Jim Beasley Sr.) - the initials 'JB' of course easy to see on the tail, and the reason why it has "USS Carl Vinson" painted on the side, is because it was one of the warbirds that was flown off of the deck of that carrier in 1995, marking the 50th Anniversary since the end of WWII. In the form of nose art on the right-side engine cowling is the "6 of Diamonds" display team artwork. (Jim currently has a rather special, early-variant, former Pensacola-based SNJ project that is being restored at this time, which happens to be the same SNJ that shows up in a lot of the old WWII SNJ pilot's manual photos.)

Blog Entries
    Hey John!!

When you announced that you had some repaints for Wozza's T-6, I was secretly hoping for an RCAF Harvard, thrilled to see 20405 as well as FE695!!

Don't know if this quite tickles your fancy - but if there's any chance your polished metal wizardry could find its way to USMC VMT-1 112330, that would sure make my day. John Detrick probably wouldn't complain too much, either ...

I know it looks like silver paint ... but inasmuch as the fuselage number is reflected in the wings ...

Anyway, if that one doesn't strike your fancy, anything USN/USMC postwar that showcases your polished metal work would be delightful.

Again, for all your superb work, many kind thanks!!

Daniel

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for that info John. I may need to invest in that scenery. You are doing some amazing paintwork on these T-6's! Thanks a lot, buddy. :mixedsmi:

That is a great scheme, DL! I'll put it on the list. ; ) And thank you guys again for the compliments!

Doing some more testing, I took the "Green Monster" out for a flight from McMinnville to a community aiport with a grass runway, near to the Portland-Hillsboro airport. After I took these shots I spotted another item to fix...and at least on this scheme, I noticed on this flight that I should darken the lenses of the landing lights.

Blog Entries
    Thanks John!!

Drove down through McMinnville, OR on our way to Disneyland with the family a couple of summers ago. Seeing Evergreen was to me, what Disney was to them ....

So glad this is one you'll look at - again, for all your hard work on the Wozza bird, many thanks!!!

Daniel

Amazing work john....truly amazing!

Beautiful repaint, once again ! Thanks a lot :ernae:

Thanks guys! In contrast, here's one where I used up all of the Mother's polish in the hangar...(almost there).

My aircraft selection menu takes ages to load... and it's going to get even worse

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thanks guys! In contrast, here's one where I used up all of the Mother's polish in the hangar...(almost there).

Wow, John. Truly. Wow.

N.

I love that green monster....

(heummn sounds like title of one of Roald Dahl's books)

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingManNeil View Post
    Wow, John. Truly. Wow.

N.
    DITTO!

Amazing shine!

Bomber_12th,

This is livery's simply the best!
    I look forward to the paintkit!

Thank you!
    Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

looking amazing cant wait to add them to my hanger when will they be downloadable?
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Members who have read this thread: 69