More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    AT-6C 41-33767, VH-NZH, based in Australia. This aircraft was built as an AT-6C Havard Mk II, to an RAF order as EX794. However, the aircraft was shipped directly to New Zealand in August 1943 where it became NZ1051. The aircraft served with the RNZAF until 1978 when it was sold into Australia. The aircraft has been completely restored in recent years and is finished in the brilliant colors of a Pensacola SNJ-3.

Here's a look at some of the cockpit textures. On the instrument panel, I brightened the details of the gauges and placards and re-made some of the placards for a more authentic look. Throughout the cockpit I adjusted and modified most of the textures to create three different sets of cockpit finishes (authentic/restored interior green, modern gray, and bronze green). As mentioned previously, the engine textures are also almost all completely new (and higher resolution), and with some subtle variations between variants.

Hi John,

I have looked in all of the listed file locations for this set of paints but haven't been able to find them. Could you please steer me to the right location.

Thanks so much,

Tom Hibben

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Hi John,

I have looked in all of the listed file locations for this set of paints but haven't been able to find them. Could you please steer me to the right location.

Thanks so much,

Tom Hibben
    Do a search at Avsim for John Terrell, they should pop up on the 1st and 2nd page.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Hoo-rah, great work John! Texans are definitely some of the most photogenic birds out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Do a search at Avsim for John Terrell, they should pop up on the 1st and 2nd page.

Joe
    Thanks Joe,

Got them.

Tom

Beautiful photos, JohnC! The frameless front and rear windscreens on N154CF (and popular on others) really are slick.

I don't know if anyone's up for some more screenshots, but here are a few I rather liked.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Beautiful - thank you so much. I'm looking forward to the yellow RAF Harvards, and is there any chance of an RAF silver with yellow trainer bands? Some people are never satisfied!
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

that paint..or polished finished plane...is gorgeous...will it be up for download?....wow..really outstanding..

For those who need a link....

All repaints shown in this thread can be found here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...dcats=1&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Beautiful - thank you so much. I'm looking forward to the yellow RAF Harvards, and is there any chance of an RAF silver with yellow trainer bands? Some people are never satisfied!
    Silver with yellow bands, my favourite RAF scheme, although this would apply more to the Mk.IIB. What with the T-6G canopy you could get away with a MK.II, IIA or III scheme, but perhaps an SAAF T-6G. Sorry for being something of a purist or as people say 'a rivet counter' but research T-6 histories for owners and also devise colour schemes too.

Cheers,

Martin

Question for Bomber_12th

I recently found this shot of the Texan, which I love

Attachment 88863

I've read that this repain is yours Bomber. Would you mind giving any pointer to where I can find this?

Thanks in advance!

Dumonceau

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    I recently found this shot of the Texan, which I love

Attachment 88863

I've read that this repain is yours Bomber. Would you mind giving any pointer to where I can find this?

Thanks in advance!

Dumonceau
    That's the default texture for the SkyUnlimited LT-6G found in the Texan Flight Experience Package. John took the screenshot. From what I've read, I think John is working on a set of re-paints for the SkyUnlimited Texans and Harvards that will work the same magic on the models that his repaints did for Wozza's T-6G. He's already released a set of files that improves the performance of all three major FSX models. If the flight sim community had an award for outstanding service, I think John would win it this year.

John MacKay
    chief modeler of SkyUnlimited Texans and Harvard
    aka X_eidos2

Throwing complete accuracy asside, I've made some Harvard repaints for the model.

Here is a preview of Harvard C-GBQB, otherwise known by its owners as "The Green Monster". : ) Through a combination of paint fading and different applications of fresh green paint (of a couple of different tones), its got a cool patchwork-look that really attracted me to it. The real aircraft has the late canopies, spinner, and gear doors - so except for not having the long Harvard exhaust, it does look the part quite well.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Harvard Mk.IV 20405, which completed restoration last year by Aircorps Aviation of Bemidji, Minnesota, following about 8 years of restoration work by Mark Tisler. The aircraft is finished in the same markings it wore while in RCAF service, and is one of the most authentic Harvard restorations to-date. The aircraft, I believe, is owned by the Texas Flying Legends museum, which are bringing it and 10 other WWII warbirds they own to Oshkosh this summer. With the gear wells, flaps and flap wells, and landing gear all painted yellow (just as it was originally), it's like someone said, "I don't care what you paint it, as long as it's yellow".

Throwing complete accuracy asside, I've made some Harvard repaints for the model.
    John I had to read this sentence twice...... you of all people!!! :isadizzy:

Nevertheless very much appreciated in this case.

Looking forward to your Harvards,
    Huub

And here is a depiction of the one of the resident Harvards based at Duxford, G-BTXI owned by The Fighter Collection. The real aircraft for which this repaint depicts, a Mk.IIb, is painted in the same markings it wore during WWII as an RCAF trainer based in Ontario, and served from December 1942 until November 1945. The paint scheme is known as an "Empire Air Training Scheme". (Following WWII, the aircraft was sold to the Swedish AF, where it served actively up until 1972 when she was retired. Obtained by TFC in 1990, it took 4-5 years of restoration work before she flew again.)

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    John I had to read this sentence twice...... you of all people!!! :isadizzy:

Nevertheless very much appreciated in this case.

Looking forward to your Harvards,
    Huub
    Thank you Huub, and I'm clearly still trying to learn the English language too! : )

I should add that all of these above are done, except for some minor adjustments that still need to be done with the cockpit textures on 20405 (N3405), and to make a new panel texture and inner canopy frames textures for the cockpit of C-GBQB.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Huub, and I'm clearly still trying to learn the English language too! : )

I should add that all of these above are done, except for some minor adjustments that still need to be done with the cockpit textures on 20405 (N3405), and to make a new panel texture and inner canopy frames textures for the cockpit of C-GBQB.
    John,
    I sent you a PM (x2) asking a question; did you not read them?

I'll have to remove all my warbirdsim P-51's to make room for these! Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I'll have to remove all my warbirdsim P-51's to make room for these! Wow!
    Well, I guess that's it, I'd better stop now. ; )

Here are a couple of depictions of Texans that were restored by, the now defunct, "Midwest Texans". I think they completed four restorations (one with a tail hook) before closing up shop and selling off the remaining airframes and large stock of parts they had. The aircraft are N43826 and N92778 (incase you want to check my work). : )

Fantastic work John!!

- Now may we have a bite?

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I am Looking forward to the New skins! I Love to fly the T-6
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

John, I'm really looking forward to the yellow Air Force paint (TA799). When I first moved back to South Georgia, there was one based here at my local airport.. I remember that shortly after I had taken off in my Ercoupe and was heading away from the airport, he pulled up along side me and proceeded to do a roll around me. LOL...I think the underwear I had on that day never made it to the washing machine. Went straight into the trash.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    John, I'm really looking forward to the yellow Air Force paint (TA799). When I first moved back to South Georgia, there was one based here at my local airport.. I remember that shortly after I had taken off in my Ercoupe and was heading away from the airport, he pulled up along side me and proceeded to do a roll around me. LOL...I think the underwear I had on that day never made it to the washing machine. Went straight into the trash.

RD
    Hello Bomber_12th are beautiful repaints I wish I could make some french repaint but it exist there a paint kit, or does it create?
    Marty

Members who have read this thread: 69