More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP

John,

Installed the paints fine but for some very odd reason, all your new repaint's cowlings are not displaying their colors but rather a base bare metal color. Any ideas?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    John,

Installed the paints fine but for some very odd reason, all your new repaint's cowlings are not displaying their colors but rather a base bare metal color. Any ideas?
    Have you installed the updates t6texmod.zip and fsds_t-6update.zip? Wozza updated the texture lay-out after the original release to fix the cowl mapping. From what you describe, I think you are missing the last file.

Cheers,
    Huub

These are wonderful! Thank you so much John. :ernae:

Brian

Great work John. I really love them!

Wozza's T6 was already a great model. But the textures from guys like Marcel, Tom, Daniel, Marvin and you (and all those I forget) really make this model special! When I look at the download numbers I think most like the polished one. However I prefer to look at your perfect rendering from aluminium dope.

Cheers,
    Huub

Blog Entries

Where can you download these two files?

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Have you installed the updates t6texmod.zip and fsds_t-6update.zip? Wozza updated the texture lay-out after the original release to fix the cowl mapping. From what you describe, I think you are missing the last file.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Thanks for the advise... I am having another problem.... the mdl file... it seems the ones with the model... conflict.. or what... (T-6 and T-6_inside)
    Your help would be most appreciated....:isadizzy:

I haven't been able to locate them in the library here at the SOH, but both files are available at flightsim.com.

Just do a search on the file names.

Cheers,
    Huub

Excellent repaints! I have mothballed some previous liveries to fly these.

With the flight mods it's quite a docile flyer. Basic question is this... Is the t-6 now too friendly or does this represent the RW aircraft?

I didn't fly Wozza's FDE much so I can't compare. Flying this T-6 it's hard to believe that prospective pilots were able to transition to the Mustang from the T-6. I'm still trying to get a handle on take-off with the Little Friends II Mustang. I use the rudder trim and a bootful of right rudder but it's quite a handful to say the least. The power delivery from 40" to 55" is amazing.

FWIW I've flown backseat in a T-6 and P-51 but no stick time and I have RW time in the usual Pipers, Cessnas, Citabria and Decathlon.

Obie

Thank you everyone again for the comments and compliments, I appreciate it!

With the FDE modification (the same one I post to this forum a few weeks ago) the only significant change I made was to the engine and prop data, and I don't recall noticing any difference in torque on take-off after these changes, though there may have been (I'll investigate further). The Texan itself doesn't sound like it has much p-factor or torque effect on take-off - it has a rather small prop (especially compared to the size of the aircraft), and with less than half the take-off power as something like a P-51. It was a big step-up from the Stearman, going from 220 hp and cruising at about 80-90 mph, up to 600 hp and cruising at about 150-170 mph. There are many reports of wartime pilots flying something like the P-40 for the first time, following completion of training in the Texan, and very nearly going off the runway before tackling the aircraft's tendancy to swing (of course after that first take-off, they would get the hang of it straight away).

The Texan is often said and shown to be an easy aircraft to fly. There are only two items that contribute to a 'reputation' for the aircraft:

1. Poor ground handling - with a narrow track landing gear, the aircraft is very prone to ground looping on the landing roll-out, and is the biggest area where a new Texan pilot can get into trouble - upon landing, you need to have feet that move. It can also be a challenge to taxi. (I don't know if something like that can be fully simulated in FSX via the flight dynamics)

2. Can snap on a dime - especially at low speeds, because of the slight sweep in the wings, the aircraft can snap very quickly when cross-controlled.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

John, your repaints look amazing! Love the little bird of prey you added to the engine... eye for detail!

Marcel

Cheers,
    Huub
    That's got to be the issue. I will update the files and see if that clears up the issue. Thanks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries

Thank you so very much....

I haven't been able to locate them in the library here at the SOH, but both files are available at flightsim.com.

Just do a search on the file names.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Just went and downloaded them from flightsim.com
    Now... what am I supposed to do with them... replace the files of the same name in the model I have on the sim?
    Thank you in advance...

Hey guys, in each of the descriptions it mentions requiring the update to be installed first, both when you read the descriptions before downloading the repaints, and then again when you read the readme files contained before installing them - I trust you all do that, right? : )

When you install the original Warwick Carter Texan, after un-zipping the contents into the FSX Airplanes folder, you should have a folder that is called 'fsds_t-6'. When you download the Warwick Carter Texan update, there is a readme that explains how to install it and what the fixes are. When installing the update, you are just installing the new folders over the originals, overwriting when prompted (thus replacing the previous file). Not only does the update change the cowling mapping (with a few more additional textures as a result), it also corrects some gauge items/problems from the original release.

When making these repaints, I kept most of the textures in their original native size, though for a couple of the cockpit textures and the cowl textures I doubled their resolution so that I could add more detail to some select items (like the seat cushion, instrument panel (radio call plate), and cowl artwork).
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

I went and followed Huub's advice and all is working perfectly now. I thought I had all of that installed but I did indeed miss half of it. All is well now and the new paints look incredible.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Amazing work John!!
    I always loved this T-6 model but your art of work is a huge enhancement for it!
    I can't fly anymore with the textures I did (a Bare metal one and yellow one with French Navy colors)...
    Great job again and many thanks!

Sylvain

My Alphasim and Sky Unlimited T-6/Harvards are now hangared. Wozza's is now the lead version. Many thanks John

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

John, I must say, some really exceptional work here ! Really outstanding looking cockpit mods as well. Thanks so much for your efforts.

Mike :salute:

John,

Did I send you my FDE files when I sent you the Texan Sound Beta? If not, I'll get those to you for evaluation, as they are very well polished. (Also including the correct tail-wheel control gauge)

-Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Thank you John! Beautiful!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Those last pics are pure art, Rick.

John's gorgeous, polished natural metal scheme certainly lends itself to a host of possibilities. I recall back in the mid-1990's the CWH owned a T-6G that was in an attractive metal scheme with a deep green fuselage band and white and green wing bands as well as a green and white cowling and green prop spinner that I was lucky enough to ride in and occasionally fly. But it really came into it's own when they brought in a crew from Rolite Aircraft Aluminum Polish during an airshow and polished her up right. And the results were positively dazzling. I don't recall what the Canadian civil aviation registration marks were that it carried, but I always got a chuckle from a small decal that someone had applied to the white stripe in the port-side Stars-and-bars. It simply looked like a thin, rectangular oval slot with the words printed above it "Like a Ride?" and below, "Insert VISA, Mastercard, AmEx here".

Here's a pic of the CWH AT-6G before her Rolite treatment...

Attachment 88571

You'll have to imagine her polished up as I don't have a pic of that.

N.

PS. Looking at the pic I just realized that the green may be a bit too dark versus what it was like in real life. There's a small sliver of the red stripe portion of the starboard Stars and Bars that seems a bit too dark in hue, so the green is probably a bit lighter in colour, but not by too much. It's still a deep, rich, solid green. I should also note that this photo is not my own, it came courtesy of the aviation photography site www.Airliners.net and I've not been able to determine who took the original photo as I'd downloaded it some years ago as wallpaper for my PC, so my apologies to whoever the photographer was for not applying due credit.

I have found another pic of the same aircraft taken under brighter lighting conditions that gives a more accurate rendition of the colours in its paint scheme. Also, its Canadian registration was apparently C-GBPL:
    Attachment 88581
    Photo by John Kelley. Courtesy of www.Airliners.net.

Beautiful work on these repaints and THANK YOU John!!
    Like the screen shots too 000rick000!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

I just post the screens....John is the talent here But thank you!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

When repaints are so good they make for photographic quality screenshots, that means they're Good

SOH-CM-2023

Yellow/Blue T-6

Here's a T-6 with yellow wings and blue fuselage and red & white tail stripes. It seems to mimic a Boeing Stearman paint scheme for the Navy. It was on Filckr and the owner disabled downloading the image so I will respect that here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/haiwepa/8997307953/sizes/l/in/pool-83445488@N00/

Members who have read this thread: 69