More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP

John this looks amazing! Love to redo my repaints with your repaintkit

Marcel

Wonderful!!! As have been lucky in the past to have lots of T-6 time, I would love this scheme!!!

Best wishes,

Martin

Question

John, hope you still work on this

:ernae:

Marcel

Truly looking forward to your textures and paintkit...

Fleurdelys

Thanks guys! I'm currently in the process of finishing-up my sixth repaint and packaging them all together. These first six will be uploaded later tonight. Like I ended up doing with the fuselage textures, I pretty-much started all over again with the wing, tail and cowling textures since the last screens I posted, to re-do the details in more accuracy. I've also made new cockpit textures (three different finishes between these first six repaints, based on the finishes of the restored aircraft (interior green/stock WWII factory fresh, modern gray, and bronze green/dark dull green)), as well as new engine textures and modified landing gear and wheel well textures. There will be another batch of six following this first one, and then I'll finish off the files I have into a working paintkit and send the paintkit out to those who have expressed an interest to have it (I'm really hoping that it allows the repaint flood gates to open, and to see 50, 60, 100+ repaints for this model).

BTW, thank you very much for the nose art photos of the Collings' bird, Witchcraft! I saved them to my files and they will be very useful!
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

John.....I will make use of the paint kit.

It's going to be great to finally see this model given full justice!
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Thanks guys! I'm currently in the process of finishing-up my sixth repaint and packaging them all together. These first six will be uploaded later tonight. Like I ended up doing with the fuselage textures, I pretty-much started all over again with the wing, tail and cowling textures since the last screens I posted, to re-do the details in more accuracy. I've also made new cockpit textures (three different finishes between these first six repaints, based on the finishes of the restored aircraft (interior green/stock WWII factory fresh, modern gray, and bronze green/dark dull green)), as well as new engine textures and modified landing gear and wheel well textures. There will be another batch of six following this first one, and then I'll finish off the files I have into a working paintkit and send the paintkit out to those who have expressed an interest to have it (I'm really hoping that it allows the repaint flood gates to open, and to see 50, 60, 100+ repaints for this model).

BTW, thank you very much for the nose art photos of the Collings' bird, Witchcraft! I saved them to my files and they will be very useful!
    Great news!! No problem with providing the nose art pics for the Collings' bird John. Those are the largest ones I can post on this forum.
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Hope we repainters can help to reach that number :-) Looking very much forward to these repaints and repaintkit!!!

Marcel

I have finally just finished uploading all of the repaints from this first batch of six to the library here (many more to come). Please be sure to read the "Readme" files, as there are suggestions on which 3rd-party environmental maps are best to be used with these repaints.

Here's the general run-down on these first six examples (I've made some improvements to some of these since these screens were taken):

AT-6G 49-3311, N3931Y, registered to Kermit Weeks. This aircraft served in the Spanish AF all the way up to 1982, before coming back to the U.S. The aircraft is painted in markings of an example that trained the Women Airforce Service Pilots, commonly known as the 'WASPS'. The aircraft can be seen on display and sometimes flown for the public at the Fantasy of Flight attraction in Polk City, Florida.

AT-6D 44-81506, G-TDJN, registered to David Nock. This aircraft was restored by Midwest Aero Restorations in the U.S. and completed in 2011. Restored with incredible detail and authenticity, the aircraft won the Reserve Grand Champion WWII award at Oshkosh that year. The aircraft has since arrived nearer to the owners home in the UK where it has been operating since 2012. The aircraft is finished in the markings of a true original wartime AT-6, that was operated as a 'squadron hack' by the 353rd FG in England during WWII. (There is a surviving color photo of the original 353rd FG Texan, for which this one was painted to match)

AT-6F 44-81920, N244GR, registered to Gordon Richardson. This aircraft was delivered to the USAAF in March of 1945, and served with the USAF up until 1954, operating from Howard AFB, Panama, for most of its service time. In recent years the aircraft has been completely restored and finished in the post-war markings of Randolph AFB. This aircraft is based in Texas.

SNJ-4 88-1447, N7083C, registered to SNJ CORP. The aircraft is painted in a generic USAAF WWII-era paintscheme of bare metal and 1944 stars and bars. This aircraft's regular pilot, Paul Jackson, is also one of the hosts of the Flightline TV series. This aircraft is based in Minnesota.

This repaint depicts the restored AT-6D 42-85696, N85696, registered to A & M Flight Services. This aircraft served during WWII as an instrument trainer at Craig Army Air Field and is painted in the same markings it wore during that time. The aircraft is regarded as one of the most authentic AT-6 restorations flying today. This aircraft is also based in Minnesota.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

AT-6C 41-33767, VH-NZH, based in Australia. This aircraft was built as an AT-6C Havard Mk II, to an RAF order as EX794. However, the aircraft was shipped directly to New Zealand in August 1943 where it became NZ1051. The aircraft served with the RNZAF until 1978 when it was sold into Australia. The aircraft has been completely restored in recent years and is finished in the brilliant colors of a Pensacola SNJ-3.

Here's a look at some of the cockpit textures. On the instrument panel, I brightened the details of the gauges and placards and re-made some of the placards for a more authentic look. Throughout the cockpit I adjusted and modified most of the textures to create three different sets of cockpit finishes (authentic/restored interior green, modern gray, and bronze green). As mentioned previously, the engine textures are also almost all completely new (and higher resolution), and with some subtle variations between variants.

They are all looking so fantastic,John!
    Thank you very much.
    Mike

John,

Fabulous work. The high polish on the final set is brilliant. Great work.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Superb work John. Nothing short of fan-damn-tastic!

N.

Stunning work! Can't wait to try them.

John, oncemore breathtaking and fantastic - thanks for your work and sharing it with us

Kindest regards,

Dirk

I need a support for my jaw! :salute:

is it correct i dont see a download link yet? im scanning the library for these fantastic liveries.

kind regards,

Meso
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Core 2duo E 8400 @ 3.00 GHz
    MSI 48C Platinum
    nVidia 8800GTX 768MB
    Corsair 4GB DDR 3

John, how kind of you to produce these top-notch repaints for the FS community.

They look absolutely fantastic, and I will use your paintkit if you release it to remake the few I made, plus probably a few more!

Owen.

WOW!!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Thanks guys! I do hope you'll enjoy them. It is a great feeling to do something like this that is truely 'freeware' all the way through, and quite the sense of accomplishment after going through this aircraft. In the end, it's no longer the repainting challenge I once thought of it as, but getting to that point certainly was. : )

A little personal info - the SNJ-4 N7083C, bare metal with the red nose, is probably my favorite 'Texan' that exists today, simply as it has been the one I've been around the most ever since I can remember, it being hangared at what has always been my 'local airport'. This is actually the third time I have made a repaint of that aircraft.

The downloads are out! And they are fantastic. I even purged some lesser paints to make room for these. Wow! A real gift these are. :salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Masterpieces... all of them! :salute:

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Once again....I say.....the textures make the planes for me. I loved this plane before but now with these paints....its tops on my list with my mustangs. Can't wait to see the offerings from others and more from john.

thank you john for taking the time to do these...I know your schedule is busy in development......:salute:

This was always a good looking model, but you've made it come alive - just amazing, thank you.

Members who have read this thread: 69