Multiplayer question
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer question

Question Multiplayer question

The multiplayer options refer to LAN (local) connections or Wan (internet) connections? I mean when someone is HOSTING a game. If it is posible (WAN) why there are not interest to join the type of game?
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

I'm interested.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Me too.

Remember, Multiplayer (MP) for CFS2 was set up by MS to be a dogfighting venue. It has it's limitations: You can't use weapons - bombs, rockets or extra fuel tanks - only guns. AI aircraft don't work well in MP. Surface targets - ships trucks etc - are destroyable but only by each player separately. In other words you can't combine your firepower to destroy a single target. Missions with dynamic elements (spawning and warping for example) do not work. You can land and take off from stationary carriers and landing on an airbase repairs damage and rearms you. In order for all players to "see" mission objects such as carriers, you need to use a "multiswap utility" - see below. With that you can try stunts like landing a B-25 0n a carrier (see pic).

Crashing or getting shot down in MP will result in respawning outside the immediate battle area. Airbase utilities such as refueling squares, lights and ADF?NDB work well in MP. It is recommended that players use a voice communication program like "TeamSpeak," but you can type each other messages as well.

In short, with a little ingenuity, Multiplayer can be interesting and fun.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Good starting!!

Ok , i ´m very interested too!. We should to know exacly how is the set for that, and the only thing we need is to join at the same time in the weekend for example? we need to have the same birds and the same scenery? what more we need?

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    Ok , i ´m very interested too!. We should to know exacly how is the set for that, and the only thing we need is to join at the same time in the weekend for example? we need to have the same birds and the same scenery? what more we need?
    The same scenery would be nice, especially if you plan to use an airfield. You don't have to have the same aircraft: If one player uses a plane that you don't have, you will see a default Zero. One player - the host - needs to pass his/her IP to the other players. The host sets up the game - location and flight conditions (sun glare, limited ammo etc) - and the others type in the host's IP and hit "Join". You chose your aircraft in the next window that opens.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    The same scenery would be nice, especially if you plan to use an airfield. You don't have to have the same aircraft: If one player uses a plane that you don't have, you will see a default Zero. One player - the host - needs to pass his/her IP to the other players. The host sets up the game - location and flight conditions (sun glare, limited ammo etc) - and the others type in the host's IP and hit "Join". You chose your aircraft in the next window that opens.
    mmmm! iteresting! my problem is that i have dynamic IP , but can we use a DynDNS? or some one here use static IP?

Hi all,
    I am really lacking time and the magazine is on a very low light on the back burner, can somone write some information about multi playing etc.
    It will only be a small magazine this issue as I have to spend some time developing payware models for cfs2,cfs3,fs9,fsx.a catalogeue and website.
    I will still be developing cfs2 objects and information on a voluntary pay system with a paid content issue.
    wish me luck in my adventures.
    Robert John

Icon5

Come on people ! stop to play alone!! lets fight!
    I was trying to play against my brother (he is another site of the city) and I had a NIGHTMARE , my windows 7 security does not allow conection with my brother when we wnt play. some ideas?

Shut it off than. When I play one line I shut thing off like that. Once done turn things back on.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Shut it off than. When I play one line I shut thing off like that. Once done turn things back on.
    i tried but does not work the session.

Misson,

There is a sticky thread in the CFS3 forum about getting multiplayer to work in vista and win7 for CFS3,maybe it might work for CFS2 also.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Misson,

There is a sticky thread in the CFS3 forum about getting multiplayer to work in vista and win7 for CFS3,maybe it might work for CFS2 also.
    Thank u Talon , I`ll be searching!

Vista had alot to do with the down fall of CFS2 online. I use to fly with the NS38th Night Stalkers. I'm still a member (call sign: PolarLion) but we haven't flown CFS2 in atleast 4 years. take a look here:

http://www.thecfs2flightdeck.com/

there might be something that can help. If you want to get in touch with Ghost let me know. I have his email.

It would be nice to do some flying. Maybe do some with the WWI planes. Who knows.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    Vista had alot to do with the down fall of CFS2 online. I use to fly with the NS38th Night Stalkers. I'm still a member (call sign: PolarLion) but we haven't flown CFS2 in atleast 4 years. take a look here:

http://www.thecfs2flightdeck.com/

there might be something that can help. If you want to get in touch with Ghost let me know. I have his email.

It would be nice to do some flying. Maybe do some with the WWI planes. Who knows.
    Good site ! thanks B_H23 , i´m going to explore it in deep.

Icon5 lets prove

ok, for those want to try , this saturday at 20hs GMT-3 (simouthouse hour) I´ll be hosting the game , and I´ll say in this thread which my Ip is. If someone sugest other hour is ok for me.
    The Ip changing, is each 12 hours so i´ll restart modems and routers to avoid disconections.

forgot to say (like allways) that i´ll say my Ip somethig like 1945 hours gmt-3

I ´m hosting in 186.49.31.162 wright now! for 30 minuts waiting!

Saw it to late.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Saw it to late.
    Me Too!

I made some progress with multiplayer game. For some reason I could not make the hosting work with windows 7, but there is a possibility that the problem is caused by my provider's DNS optical fiber.
    After all I played against myself through Internet ( not locally), for which I used my laptop with winXP and dial up modem, my laptop with xp was hosting, and my main pc I connected using optical fiber and win7.
    So those who want to try again next Saturday I will use my laptop for host.
    Meanwhile , i´ll try to investigate whether there is something that is preventing me to do hosting with win7 or optical fiber, the strange thing is that I can join with win7 and optical fiber but not host.

Yesterday Allen and I had a multiplayer session through Internet. My xp machine made ​​of host, and I adhered to play with my win7 conjunction with Allen. we still have trouble making hosting with win7 using DSL. but we are on track and Allen made ​​some progress with win7 firewall and I'm trying to demilitarize ports assigned to IP to avoid router firewall.
    By this actual way is possible as u can see, to play a multiplayer session at any time, but i have doubts about my U.S. robotics 56 ext modem speed is enough to host 8 players for session, i think YES because there are not much information engaged , only possitions, speeds, and bullets in the air (is my thought) all player included me could join using DSL and win7 or optic fiber. SO MANY THANKS TO ALLEN!!
    cheers
    Mario

Misson
    I have a U.S. Robotics 56k Faxmodem V.92. Is this what you used and if Yes how did you get it to work with this new fangled Internet set up?

Anyone else
    As I told Misson. You send me a Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) time and I'll set up and you can look for me. For me to join Mission I had to disable my Windows Firewall. My XP dosn't have a Antivirus but you should also disable any Antivirus as well.

In the Control Panel is the Windows Firewall. On XP once youn open Windows Firewall you will be at the place need to shut off the Windows Firewall. On Win 7 once Windows Firewall is open on the top left is "Turn Windows Firewall on or off" Click on this than you will be at the place needed to shut of the 2 Win 7. Disable both the Home or work (private) and a Public Firewalls.

Most Antivirus all you need to do is find it on the lower right and right click on it. There should Disable or Pause option.

Than fire up CFS2. If things work well a few hours later after geting shoot down and shooting down others you can enable Windows Firewall and your Antivirus the same way disabled them.

I'm not sure just what you are asking for, but I'm in the Eastern US timezone and my time is the same as SOH.
    GMT - 4.

At Sim Outhouse you can set any time zone you like. My Time Zone is US West Cost (GMT -7) at SOH.

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) time is the same a Zulu Time

Click the link below to see current Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)/Zulu Time
    http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

Hi to everybody! First the modem setings is nothin special, I used the modem internal of my dell latitud D400 and in my job I use the U.S. R. for remote scurity system programing and altough both are 56k the U.S. is more faster than internal modem (also the U.S. can reduce speed for correcting problems automatically) . I have a quick dial icon in my desktop , so it dial to internet provider dialing 09091234 , once i have conection , I open cfs2 , and click GET IP in the hosting screen (multiplayer item) , once that i know the ip of my provider I share it with u, thats it and that is all.
    I have to say also , that I could join and host iternet (WAN) session without deactivating any firewall, but I have admit too that my security was seting to lower, and not all systems are the same.
    How to set the ports in the router: i´m showing this pic of my forwarding ports router, but u need this in theory only for HOST session in a DSL conection.
    cheers
    Mario

BTW , u say when and I´ll be hosting.

Members who have read this thread: 3