Nvidia Inspector setting you must try.

Thread: Nvidia Inspector setting you must try.

Nvidia Inspector setting you must try.

My days of endless tweeking are behind me but I stumbled across this post.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...X-11-July-2012

There was AA mode that I never bothered even attempting but as you know FSX sometimes likes things that goes against logic.

AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12

(http://forum.avsim.net/topic/330328-...s-worth-a-try/) I then read through this post with more detailed info.

I have a old I7 @ 2.7 with 6 gigs ram,Vista 64,660TI card, 32 inch lcd tv @ 1920x1280/1080p. Not a latest tech hotrod by any means but changing to this setting made a nice difference.
    FSX looks very clear,no jaggies,smooth at a locked 25.I have just about every addon known to man.Gex,Fex,Activesky,UT ect.

So if you have a fast card with lots of memory imo is worth trying.

With no replies it must be a system specific tweak.

I finally broke down and bought Orbx PNW.After being shock and awed by the scenery I ended up going on a spree and purchased 6 of their airport sceneries. This really put my aging I7 2.7 ghz system to work.FPS averages 20-25 locked in remote areas and as low as 13-18 in or near the highly detailed airport sceneries.Around the cities forget it. I again experimented from 4x to 8sq but again the above setting looked the best and was the smoothest. This was flying with mostly light singles up to light twins with Activesky and Rex cloud textures.Autogen med with scenery comp dense.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the advice.....
    Not sure how my system will handle it...But once I have it backed up i'll give it a try.....

I don't see that option on my NVI. What driver / version of NVI are you using ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    I don't see that option on my NVI. What driver / version of NVI are you using ?
    Mine was updated to the newest version about a month ago....The work is being done on my home system.....Although it is not needed on it....
    My laptop I will work with once I see how everything works on the home system.....

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    With no replies it must be a system specific tweak.

I finally broke down and bought Orbx PNW.After being shock and awed by the scenery I ended up going on a spree and purchased 6 of their airport sceneries. This really put my aging I7 2.7 ghz system to work.FPS averages 20-25 locked in remote areas and as low as 13-18 in or near the highly detailed airport sceneries.Around the cities forget it. I again experimented from 4x to 8sq but again the above setting looked the best and was the smoothest. This was flying with mostly light singles up to light twins with Activesky and Rex cloud textures.Autogen med with scenery comp dense.
    I use this AA setting too with my NVidia 480GTX. It provides great results. In fact, here is how I understand the situation, regarding AA settings:
    - 8xS is very sharp, but it can lead to FPS drop in a lot of situation. It's heavy on the FPS
    - 8xSQ is very FPS-friendly, but the picture is not so sharp. It looks like all the edges are blurred. This is of course nice to eliminate the jaggies, but the screenshots lacked the "crisp and clear" definition...
    - SUPERVCAA... is somewhere in the middle. It's almost as crisp as 8xS, and it's almost as smooth as 8xSQ. Best of both worlds, more or less

To enhance my performance further, I have also de-activated completely any setting related to transparency AA in NVidia Inspector. Transparency AA usually kills the FPS when flying in cloudy/smoky environment. Ensure you have disabled it too.

Concerning your recent PNW purchase, I would advise you the following:
    - ensure your LOD_RADIUS is no higher than 6.5 in the FSX.cfg. On OrbX sceneries, the LOD_RADIUS really has a big cost on the performance and the memory consumption.
    - add the autogen tweaks that limit the amount of trees and building per terrain cell. With your limited CPU frequency, I would suggest you to start with small values, like 800 trees and 300 buildings. In the FSX settings however, you should set the autogen density to one crank (or two) below the max. That would be "very dense", if I remember correctly.

See what you get with such settings.

Quote Originally Posted by trucker17 View Post
    Mine was updated to the newest version about a month ago
    My drivers/NVI are somewhat backlevel, but my settings seem to work well, so I'll leave them alone. But I'll make a note of this suggestion to try next time I upgrade.

A quick note to say thanks, JIMJAM. Have been flying this AA setting for over a month now with fine results. Runs easier on my 560ti card than 8xS with almost as clear of an image. Combined with my other rig's configurations I've never experienced a clearer display in the distance terrain, rather breathtaking the first time trying it.

LOD_radius=6.5
    AA = AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12,
    on card with no AA transparency selected for NVidia Inspector
    AS
    on in-game, none on card
    Pre-rendered frames = 0 ...
    yes- 0

Seldom do I ever see FSUIPC indicating an average of less than 29.9 fps for my flights. Processor- 2700K amped to 4.12 Ghz, hyperthreading off, clean .cfg file with the few exceptions of highmemfix & LOD_radius. Yes, a few things shimmer without any AA transparency though for the distant visuals & performance I'll compromise. When a 680 card can be managed then it will be back to AA transparency. Smooth, smooth for now.

A little example of what is being described here...

Unlimited visibility
    Middle 50% of the screenshot displayed
    Magnification 1.5X

Noice!
    Last edited by boxcar; January 27th, 2014 at 04:12.

​.