Anybody use an airbrush? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody use an airbrush?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    I bought my Paasche H back in 1981. With proper cleaning and care, it has the potential to outlast you. Don :ernae:
    Same here, 1982 and as good as new.
    I bought half a dozen of each tip and still have most of them unused.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

sky pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Helldiver View Post
    Get some nail polish remover or acetone. Disaasemble your air brush very carefully protecting the sharp needle valve. If it's bent then It's too late. Soak the parts of the airbrush for about 15 minutes. Carefully reassemble the parts of the gun. Then take your paint, I prefer latex, and thin it to a like ink consistency. Then use a blank piece of paper, try some test sprays. Practice with settings and see what effects they have. Try to get a fine line with it. Try spraying a broad line. Learn to shut off the gun after each sweep of the gun. If using Latex after spraying paint, I run some soapy water through the gun to keep it clean. If regular paint, you can run nail polish remover or acetone through it. This is kind of dangerous if your smoking or near an open flame.
    I use latex for my rc models also and not any trouble yet and just clean with water when done,
    sky pilot