Looking for P-61 Blackwidow - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for P-61 Blackwidow

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    ...Who luvs ya baby - Ok what TV show's main character said this? Man I'm bored today.....
    That would be Kojak. And the flap/aileron combo are called flaperons iirc, just as the aileron/spoiler combo on other aircraft are spoilerons... a mine of useless information, that's me. :isadizzy:
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Cool Hairy

Ok - what candy did he always eat?

The head turn. If you want to see it in the pit you could name a figure's head say stick_l_r, and then animate it. The head would pivot as the stick is moved to the left and right. Now if you wanted your eyepoint to rotate as the plane banked ..... hmm never thought of that but maybe you could create a dummy node, call it stick_l_r and then child the eyepoint to it and so as you banked the plane left or right the eyepoint would do that as well. Oh the possibilities....:mix-smi:

The head turn. If you want to see it in the pit you could name a figure's head say stick_l_r, and then animate it. The head would pivot as the stick is moved to the left and right. Now if you wanted your eyepoint to rotate as the plane banked ..... hmm never thought of that but maybe you could create a dummy node, call it stick_l_r and then child the eyepoint to it and so as you banked the plane left or right the eyepoint would do that as well. Oh the possibilities....:mix-smi:
    Yup Ted, that's what we came up with, together with Nanni, when we developed head shaking effects within CFS3. But there's an underlying problem, it's input generated. So your head does indeed turn, but can't be "smoothed out" to follow your flight path because it's correlated to stick movements and that does limit your options. Stick left and you look left, and that's ok. But when you do a left hand tonneau, do you constantly look at your left? No. That's the problem. You're limited to very subtle animations if you want to make it look right, unfortunately.

Thanks Guys, I was thinking more of level flight, an observation plane, where the observer in the back looks left an right, maybe using the tailhook or dive brake or cowling commands,
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

'Morning all! I don't know any trade name, we just called them lollipops. The head animation in other FS versions is done with a tick18 animation and can be hundreds of frames long, but the figure would always be going through the same movement routine. That isn't so handy either.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    'Morning all! I don't know any trade name, we just called them lollipops. The head animation in other FS versions is done with a tick18 animation and can be hundreds of frames long, but the figure would always be going through the same movement routine. That isn't so handy either.
    Thanks H. I think ill give it a miss then,
    "I might have Amnesia.......but at least i dont have Amnesia."

Question i'll do it

Quote Originally Posted by djwarlock82 View Post
    anyone know where i can download a standalone p-61 blackwidow for cfs3? had one for cfs 1 & 2 yet to find one for cfs3, also anyone know where i can download all of the fdg aircraft? you can hit me up on here or email me at defcon4_1982@yahoo.com. thnx
    If anyone has not started this plane let me know I will start it after i finish my Texan let know cause i have the blue prints for it already

Taz
    Enjoy! Life

Hope You Enjoy! my madness
    One DYSFUNCTIONAL VETERAN

I'd be interested in the FDG import or a new P-61.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by TDS-TAZ View Post
    If anyone has not started this plane let me know I will start it after i finish my Texan let know cause i have the blue prints for it already

Taz
    that sounds like a very tantalising offer

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Oh yea!
    Do it TAZ!!
    And there is Much rejoicing!

You mean like this.....

If you want it say please ..... Hey I'll work with folks to finish this

If you want it say please ..... Hey I'll work with folks to finish this
    I'd like to see this one finished, it's a very nicely done model, just needs an interior!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Model

John - It is a VERY nice model. Bit heavy on the polys that I have tried to whittle down but overall real sweet. Did you know that most the p61s did not fly with the upper gun set. The 4 2cm were enough and it had better aerodynamics without it, plus it was faster, well not much but a little. Did you ever see the one in Udvar Hazy? Damn thing is huge, no wonder the Brits kept the mossie and let Americans keep this stone....

Oh, back to flanders fields have most of the new damage model done for the sswiii, and the changes to the pit will send this weekend along with the IV.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    YES!!
    PLEASE!!
    :salute: :salute: :salute:

Blog Entries
    Cool Ted! I can bin the thing that I've been working on.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

it must be a very complicated one to make.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

I'll put my two cents in too, we really need this. It was a plane that was used in both theaters.

If I could help, I will volunteer, The only thing I really know is skinning.

Hmmmm....

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This plane has what 3 cockpits - pilot, gunner, and radio/radar. That is why I never did more than get the exterior cleaned up. Given the time I have it would take about a year to finish.

What you could do is petition the folks over at the FSX forums to let me have their work so I can convert it to CFS3 and then we could have another donation ware plane - I tried but the author was not cooperative - not sure why. If the FSX one was made to make money for the site converting it to make more seems like sense to me. Oh well.

Ted

I do not know about the FSX one, he has not done much with it for a long time, I don't think that he is much further than this one.

My personal feeling is that it will not see daylight.

let me know

if you want me to do it cause I will be doing the E version which has no gunner station I like the way it looks

let me know

Taz
    Enjoy! Life

Hope You Enjoy! my madness
    One DYSFUNCTIONAL VETERAN

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    I'd like to see this one finished, it's a very nicely done model, just needs an interior!
    Hello John, shouldn't you be painting something!?!

What you could do is petition the folks over at the FSX forums to let me have their work so I can convert it to CFS3 and then we could have another donation ware plane - I tried but the author was not cooperative - not sure why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven190 View Post
    I do not know about the FSX one, he has not done much with it for a long time, I don't think that he is much further than this one.

My personal feeling is that it will not see daylight.
    Hmmm. I spend too much time around modelling forums, so I know something about this. The external model is done, a very high quality flight model finished and the VC is part-done afaik. The problem is the VC and the limits of GMax with the FSX sdk. The VC model is, or was, approximately 500K polys and that's about where the FSX exporter runs out of memory: the modeler has some difficult decisions to take so the model will compile and he certainly has my sympathies. Nor do I think we want a 500K poly VC in CFS3: even Luca's Bf109 VC is under 50K polys!

In the meantime he's working on other projects to avoid Widow burnout. I certainly wish him well. :salute:
    Tom

Wonderful model, Ted!!

Had that one as a model kit too. I really wouldn't mind taking her up for a spin!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

John - It is a VERY nice model. Bit heavy on the polys that I have tried to whittle down but overall real sweet. Did you know that most the p61s did not fly with the upper gun set. The 4 2cm were enough and it had better aerodynamics without it, plus it was faster, well not much but a little. Did you ever see the one in Udvar Hazy? Damn thing is huge, no wonder the Brits kept the mossie and let Americans keep this stone....

Oh, back to flanders fields have most of the new damage model done for the sswiii, and the changes to the pit will send this weekend along with the IV.
    Yea I know it's poly heavy Ted, I have your whittled down version.

SSW, good!:mixedsmi:
    John

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Hello John, shouldn't you be painting something!?!
    Oh I am Scott!
    We have some very nice "somethings" in the works.

How you doing BTW?
    John

Keep it coming!

Members who have read this thread: 24