Airwrench and aircraft.cfg discrepancy? Why?

Thread: Airwrench and aircraft.cfg discrepancy? Why?

Question Airwrench and aircraft.cfg discrepancy? Why?

Hi
    When I open the ETO_Hs129_230.air file (or any of the ETO_Hs129 air files) in Airwrench the weight values displayed doesn't match the values in
    aircraft.cfg.

From aircraft.cfg:
    //Empty Weight: 8600 lbs Max Power: 740 Hp
    [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
    max_gross_weight =11265.6
    empty_weight =8399.61363

Airwrench disply these weights:
    max gross weight 5110
    empty weight 3810

Attachment 87284

The Total weight load is only 90.7 witch doesn't seem right (It's usually about 200 for a fighter aircraft).
    I haven't encountered this problem before when checking files in Airwrench and I also opened the air file in AirEd, but I couldn't figure where Airwrench find the weight values. :salute:

Cheers
    vonOben

“Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.” /Johann Gottfried Seume

vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
    7 Season Scenery for CFS3 ETO Expansion

Aircraft.cfg uses lbs as the weight unit, you have AirWrench set to "Metric" on the first tab. Set it to "US - mph" and everything will click in place.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    Aircraft.cfg uses lbs as the weight unit, you have AirWrench set to "Metric" on the first tab. Set it to "US - mph" and everything will click in place.
    Hi greycap, I've just been noticing that! I've got a lovely book called Janes Fighting Aircraft of WWII, and it quotes all the weights in kg, so its a drag having to convert to imperial units all the time! I don't know why the US is so out of step on this stuff.

:salute:

It could be said the US is out of step, but it doesn't help that MS is inconsistent: aircraft.cfg uses feet while the .xdp uses metres. Just one of the things that keeps modders on their toes. :isadizzy:
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    Hi

Thanks, that seems very likely to be the cause! :salute:

But what puzzles me is that I haven't changed the units in AirWrench and when I open other air files the numbers match.... :isadizzy:

Cheers
    vonOben

“Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.” /Johann Gottfried Seume

vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
    7 Season Scenery for CFS3 ETO Expansion

Hummph. We just like the challenge of fractions.

And a thousandth of an inch sounds smaller than a micromillimiter

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi greycap, I've just been noticing that! I've got a lovely book called Janes Fighting Aircraft of WWII, and it quotes all the weights in kg, so its a drag having to convert to imperial units all the time! I don't know why the US is so out of step on this stuff.

:salute:
    Nor do I and I'm American. I'm 43 years old and I remember in elementary school, they started to teach us the metric system because we were hearing the U.S. was going to go all metric. So we were learning both, but for a couple years the focus seemed to be metric...and then all of a sudden the metric system seemed to dissapear from school for me. I don't know why the metric system wasn't totally accepted because in my opinion, it's by far easier to use. The hard part is living in a country(world) that uses both. We actually have cars that have both types of nuts and bolts.
    I wish we just went full metric.
    :USA-flag:

Members who have read this thread: 1