Milton's Flightsimonline Closing June 2013
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milton's Flightsimonline Closing June 2013

Milton's Flightsimonline Closing June 2013

Seems redundant to keep this going when the content is available on so many websites so I am closing this site down after some 14 years.

If you want to take a final look around, now is the time to do it.

http://www.flightsimonline.com

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Seems redundant to keep this going when the content is available on so many websites so I am closing this site down after some 14 years.

Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up Milton. Shame too loose your own site but cannot fault your logic.

Steve

Thank you, SIR!!

Thanks
    Sir,
    Thanks for all that you have done - will miss your web site. Most helpful for me at times.

Ed Moore

Thanks for the heads up, sir! Understand your reasoning, but at the same time... sad to see the doors close after all these years. (reckon Nigel and I will have to find another hiding place for all that ouzo we raided from young Matt's stash... ).

Cheers -- BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Thank you, Milton.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

SOH-CM-2023
    Milton:

What are your plans for the two XP-47 models ?? I have never seen any reference to them being
    completed and published anywhere.

Although I fully understand your reasoning, I liked the site as it gave a such a nice clear overview of all your models.

Thanks for maintaining it all these years!

Huub

Thanks everyone. The website host has had its issues for the last year or so and in spite of lots of trouble tickets, they continue. We had several domains and now have discontinued all of them.

I have all the download files and raw page data so if anything is needed, maybe I can make that available.

The C-162 gmax tutorials will not be available so if anyone wants that, they better grab it.

I will be making all gmax source available again here at SOH if anyone is interested.

I have not done any design work since January/February; just needed a sabbatical.

I intend to finish the XP47J/H (VC work remaining), the Harpoon (awaiting Nigel's textures), and revisit the F7F series when I return. After that, we shall see.

There is a 2nd Dash 7 release awaiting textures that includes the final models. No dates when this might be available.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Shame about the GMax tutorial.
    Might have to get in touch with Arno from FSDev to give it a new home...

Hi Milton,

You've created some of the most wonderful models for FS9 and I offer you a BIG BIG Thank You for all of them :salute::salute:.

Slightly off topic as this was never on the website I don't think, and that was/is the Italian Trimotor that Manuele(?) was looking at. Is that coming along still?

Thanks again,

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Shame about the GMax tutorial.
    Might have to get in touch with Arno from FSDev to give it a new home...
    I will package and upload the tutorial here at SOH.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi Milton,

You've created some of the most wonderful models for FS9 and I offer you a BIG BIG Thank You for all of them :salute::salute:.

Slightly off topic as this was never on the website I don't think, and that was/is the Italian Trimotor that Manuele(?) was looking at. Is that coming along still?

Thanks again,

Andy.
    Thank you Andy; great team we have had to deliver the goods.

AFAIK Manuele is still working at the CANT Z
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, sir! Understand your reasoning, but at the same time... sad to see the doors close after all these years. (reckon Nigel and I will have to find another hiding place for all that ouzo we raided from young Matt's stash... ).

Cheers -- BB686:USA-flag:
    ...wait! what? again?....

be sad to see the place close it's doors Milton but yeah, cannot fault your logic :salute:

Thanks Milt!

I enjoyed perusing the site and discovered that I had never downloaded the Puss Moth. How in the world did I ever sim without it???? All your other aircraft have done sterling service in CFS 2 and FS 9 for years.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

I will package and upload the tutorial here at SOH.
    Thanks, Milton, I was just about to ask if there was an easy way to copy the C162 tutorial to a dvd, etc. I am currently going through these tutorials in a real attempt to conquer Gmax. I have been using FSDS for 13 years so old habits are hard to break. The hardest part in my case was I usually used the crossection mode in FSDS to start just about every object. There is no similar mode in Gmax, but, by taking baby steps I just did a fuselage with splines. Your tutorials are most helpful. :salute: :salute:

Best, Paul

I have downloaded the C162 tutorial folder and trying to decide the best way to package it.

It is 135MB, 29 folders and 621 files.

If you have MS Word, after downloading, you could change the hyperlinks to point at your folders, otherwise right now, the hyperlinks are useful to identify the folder for each exercise. Then opening that folder, you can simply open the index.html file to view the contents. A little cumbersome but not bad.

Not sure if there is an easier way than editing the hyperlinks once the package is downloaded though.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Also regarding websites, you can also open any page and do a "Save Webpage As" to your computer. Just create a folder for each page you save.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Sad to hear this. With out the C-162 gmax tutorial I would have never goten started. I've seen other tuts but they aren’t clear as yours.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Milton, would just like to join the others in thanking you for all your hard work over the years. I'll be sad to see your website go, it was a very useful "one stop shop" for some of the finest models available for FS9, but I understand and respect your reasons for doing so. Again, thank you.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Milton, would just like to join the others in thanking you for all your hard work over the years. I'll be sad to see your website go, it was a very useful "one stop shop" for some of the finest models available for FS9, but I understand and respect your reasons for doing so. Again, thank you.
    Hi Milton,

I couldn't say it any better than Andy and all the others have done already. Thank you so much!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Milton,
    Thanks for all the hours of entertainment. Simming would not have been the same for me without your models. And in my opinion your Dash-7 has to be the BEST model EVER made for sims-bar none.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

Thanks Milton!

I can't believe that I never recognised the Gmax tutorials on your website.
    These are straight forward, in plain language and easy to understand.
    Downloading as I go along.
    Thanks again for all of your support to the simmer's community. :salute:

Cheers, Stuart

Greetings Milton. Sorry I have never been to your site before, I'm afraid I never knew it existed (ouch!).

However, I now have taken advantage of your hospitality to D/L the Puss Moth, (A/Cs my father worked on at 'De'Av' when new) and the Dash 7. His favourites were always the '98' and 'Comic'.

Many thanks again.

Graham.

I also did not know the site existed:isadizzy:.
    :salute:Milton, your work is inspired, outstanding, and top-notch in all ways. Many thanks.

When I read the title, I was afraid that you were retiring (again)! Paying for your own domain when there are so many other options just make less sense than it did a decade ago.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I guess I'm lucky Milton is shutting down his site. I never knew about the C-162 Tutorial until now. Downloaded everything for future reference. Having done some 3D modeling before it will be interesting to see what he does differently and there's also plenty in there that is new to me. I'm definitely looking forward to building my first plane. Thanks for all of the great work through out the years Milton. I hope I can repay you in the future with some creations of my own.