I'm looking for something...

Thread: I'm looking for something...

I'm looking for something...

Technically this is not FSX, but I know there are a lot of readers old enough...

Does anyone remember the days of real paper? When the first flightsim packs had those VERY useful manuals included in the box. I recall those early MSFS packs had some excellent, well written flying lessons for IFR flying and generally annoying the locals around Meigs field. I really miss those "lessons" now - I need to refresh on nav using ADF, OBS and all the rest - I have been a "butterfly" for too long, and don't fly IFR nearly as much as I used to.

Does anyone still have a copy? Maybe even scanned in or a printable version of those early MSFS flying lessons?

I hate "on screen" documents...

I don't simply dislike them, I abhor them as they spoil any use of the sim for one thing and the position of on-screen reading is not good for the eyes (especially mine)

Maybe someone knows something? Thanks.
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

Didn't quite escape.
    You could always buy an AFE or someone else's real-world IFR flying book, Chris? Most local flying clubs, aviation shops or even the larger booksellers carry AFE flight training books in the UK - I'm sure there'll be an equivalent in Germany?

Ian P.

Get yourself a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator X For Pilots: Real World Training
    http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTi...764588222.html
    You should be able to pick it up at most of the larger book shops or online.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I'm currently holding the FS2000 250 pages "real paper" manual in my hands.
    It has an extensive chapter "Lernen Sie fliegen mit Rod Machado" :costumes:
    You're in Germany, right?
    If so and you'd be interested in a German language version I could borrow it to your for some time, granted you return it to me.
    Mathias

I am in Germany and I can read German adequately - no, very good in fact, but I would much rather keep an eye open for the old sub-logic handbook.

Mind you... those other pointers look very good too! Thanks peeps.
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

Rgr that. :welcome:
    Mathias

Members who have read this thread: 0