Another gift fro AF Scrub

Thread: Another gift fro AF Scrub

Another gift fro AF Scrub

In the Luft'46 spirit.....

It's over at Flightsim.com

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 WarbirdsFS2004/FSX Junkers EF-126 Lili
    FS2004/FSX Junkers EF-126 Lili v2. The Junkers Lili prototype was built in late 1944 as a very simple, rapidly produced small fighter aircraft. It used the simplest and cheapest power plant available, had the minimum of strategic materials and practically no electrical equipment. It used the Argus As 014 pulse jet, the same powerplant as the Fi 103 Buzz Bomb (V1). The Miniaturjager was to takeoff and land conventionally. The plan was to build large numbers of these aircraft, and thus simply overwhelm the enemy bomber formations with their numbers. Panel mods by Erwin Welker. New upgraded Gmax model by A.F. Scrub.

Thanks, Scrubby

I'm just downloading the "MiniturJaeger" now. I hope to get here in the air today sometime and see what she does. When I was a kid I wondered why the Luftwaffe hadn't made a light fighter using the pulse jet engine. I guess they did!

I found this image on the web.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

A manned bomb? I like it!!

Dave

It's quite a bit of fun and performs pretty much like a scalded cat after a mouse. It is interesting to speculate what a sky full of these could have done to the allied bombing effort. I think that the pulse jet had some limitations and I'm not sure how well it would have performed in aerial combat, but it's fun none the less.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

If I remember the 'Pulse Jet' operating principles (and from a long time ago I must add!) from a course during my Uni Student days, the limiting performance factor is air density.
    The rather crude fuel/air mixture depends on high oxygen levels, ergo the performance degrades sharply at higher altitudes.
    I'd imagine that would be why these power units were used as boosters for piston engined aircraft or simply as low cost/low altitude primary power for 'disposables' such as the V.1.
    This little sucker would be 'interesting' to get off the ground and considerably 'more interesting' to get back down.
    'Pucker Factor' around 10+ .................
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

That's what I recall too Wombat. With no compressor, it just depends on air density and I guess velocity would would also help to some extent. Certainly an ingenious design in its simplicity.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

And he's released yet another one.....

Size: 4,266,583 Date: 05-15-2013 Downloads: 44

FS2004/FSX Hall Springfield Bulldog Racer. The Hall Springfield Bulldog racer was designed by John Hall after he left the Granvilles of Gee Bee fame. It raced only once, in the 1932 Cleveland race and finished 6th because of engine problems. It was said to have reached a top speed of 270 knots. Your model will do about 240 knots and is set up slightly twitchy as was the real Bulldog. Gmax model by A.F. Scrub.

Members who have read this thread: 1