HU-16 update

Thread: HU-16 update

HU-16 update

I downloaded the Virtavia HU-16 version 1.1 today. This is one of my favorite floatplanes; I use to watch one try to takeoff in the bay at NAS Argentia, Newfoundland back in 1966. I don't remember if it ever made it...had to use the runway like us P-3B folks. Anyway, I tried to use the autoloader, and never could find it. It usually autoloads to the airplane file in the Simobjects folder. But not with my attempts. Didn't show up in Flight Sim either. So I directed the load to a different file and then moved it to the airplane file and all is well. The VC panel is much clearer and water landings are real smooth. Don't know what else was changed in the new version.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    ... Anyway, I tried to use the autoloader, and never could find it. It usually autoloads to the airplane file in the Simobjects folder. But not with my attempts. Didn't show up in Flight Sim either. So I directed the load to a different file and then moved it to the airplane file and all is well...
    Same thing happened to me.
    Autoloader put the Virtavia HU-16 folder in the main FSX directory, for me.
    I just cut and pasted it into the correct directory.
    (To others reading in, remember to copy your original .cfg file if you have added repaints before updating, as it will overwrite the old .cfg file.)

I haven't had a chance to try the new version yet, glad to hear there are improvements to the VC.
    Was going to finally do some flying on my day off here, but the sewage pump for the septic system decided to short out and stop working.
    Really makes for a great afternoon swapping that out instead of flying. :toilet:

So how do you get this update if your aircraft was an Alphasim purchase?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    So how do you get this update if your aircraft was an Alphasim purchase?
    That's the ongoing question with our Alphasim buys. The recent B-24/C-87 update screwed me up cause I bought the Alphasim B-24. I waited and bought the Virtavia HU-16 because of the problems with the original Alphsim version. I know that Virtavia doesn't care about us old Alpha people... let me rephrase that; their corporate policy is to only help out the current paying customers. I understand their position, and as a capitalist I must agree with them. But I sure would like the C-87 update to my B-24.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

That's the ongoing question with our Alphasim buys. The recent B-24/C-87 update screwed me up cause I bought the Alphasim B-24. I waited and bought the Virtavia HU-16 because of the problems with the original Alphsim version. I know that Virtavia doesn't care about us old Alpha people... let me rephrase that; their corporate policy is to only help out the current paying customers. I understand their position, and as a capitalist I must agree with them. But I sure would like the C-87 update to my B-24.
    And now I see a 50% off sale....so I am going to continue being a paying customer and buy more Virtavia planes.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Hi Jo,
    I've checked the Virtavia site and the only mention of an update is a contact point cfg update that can be downloaded from the site. Is this all it was do you think?
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Hi Jo,
    I've checked the Virtavia site and the only mention of an update is a contact point cfg update that can be downloaded from the site. Is this all it was do you think?
    I reloaded the original version and the VC panel is much clearer on my rig. Don't know if it is because of the update or I may have changed something in the settings I am unaware of doing (I've done things like that in the past). I guess I imagined smoother landings, cause new and old are same. I haven't noticed any other changes, although they would have to be obvious to me. Mostly I just fly around, probably wouldn't even notice an engine fire.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

.......Mostly I just fly around, probably wouldn't even notice an engine fire.
    Ha ha,
    Me too, lol.
    SYSTEM :

I reloaded the original version and the VC panel is much clearer on my rig. Don't know if it is because of the update or I may have changed something in the settings I am unaware of doing (I've done things like that in the past). I guess I imagined smoother landings, cause new and old are same. I haven't noticed any other changes, although they would have to be obvious to me. Mostly I just fly around, probably wouldn't even notice an engine fire.
    Please, I'd like to know if the nav gauges are working properly, for exemple if the nav selector is on a VOR station the gauge points toward that station and so on with the ADF and ILS. Because I bought it to the alphasim site a few years ago, and, although it's a well modeled plane it does not have a good avionics system (very well modeled also but not reliable).

Re: the Virtavia B24/ C87 update, can anyone confirm that a B24 purchased today (as I intend to do) will come packaged with the C87 update?
    I can't see any mention of this update, or where you can get it, on the Virtavia site.
    50% off is very tempting for the B24, but being able to get the C87 free would be the cherry-on-top for me.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Re: the Virtavia B24/ C87 update, can anyone confirm that a B24 purchased today (as I intend to do) will come packaged with the C87 update?
    I can't see any mention of this update, or where you can get it, on the Virtavia site.
    50% off is very tempting for the B24, but being able to get the C87 free would be the cherry-on-top for me.
    Thanks
    I bought it specifically for the C-87 as I already had the Alphasim B-24. I used the Flightsimstore for mine. Nice to have a C-87 now!

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post
    I bought it specifically for the C-87 as I already had the Alphasim B-24. I used the Flightsimstore for mine. Nice to have a C-87 now!
    -Steve
    Great news - thanks Steve! :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by sim-paticissimo View Post
    Please, I'd like to know if the nav gauges are working properly, for exemple if the nav selector is on a VOR station the gauge points toward that station and so on with the ADF and ILS. Because I bought it to the alphasim site a few years ago, and, although it's a well modeled plane it does not have a good avionics system (very well modeled also but not reliable).
    All the nav gauges and radios are working on this new model.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

All the nav gauges and radios are working on this new model.
    Thank you very much, jojohnson9!:salute:

Members who have read this thread: 0