EasyEd The Occidental Tourist - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EasyEd The Occidental Tourist

Hey All,

Off to L06...

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Hey All,

Down safe and sound Death Valley off to mono lake...

-Ed-

PS Details added
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Hey All,

Down safe and sound Mono Lake... Day into night flight.

-Ed-

Hey All,

I have found a route to mariposa yosemite I have only been flying real time but I can't fly it in the dark so I will finish this up tomorrow nite.

-Ed-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

I have found a route to mariposa yosemite I have only been flying real time but I can't fly it in the dark so I will finish this up tomorrow nite.

-Ed-
    Same same here... I was too scared to fly the pass at night... 'cept in my case I flew at daybreak.

Hey All,

Was going to finish this run last night but ran into a friend from Saskatchewan and well like the Corb Lund song "time to switch to whiskey we been drinkin beer all day"...

I think I have enough daylight an I can focus on my monitor!

launching lee vining to mariposa yosemite.

-Ed-

Hey All,

Down safe O68 details to follow launching for KSQL...

-Ed-

Hey All,

Down safe and sound KSQL. Seems I strooed up and set the clock an hour ahead of where I needed to be. Oh well I'd rather fly harder than easier. Now I gotta figure out that spreadsheet, More comments to follow.

-Ed-

Hey All,

I do want to say fine fine event... I especially like GA events. Wish I had time to actually plan as I wonder about just going high and fly versus a bit more dodging lower down. That said It is nobody's fault but my own. Work (I deal in wildfire (forest fires) and now is planning preparation time), family (delivering kid to and from his work), spring (garden, lawn, etc), competing interests (golf mainly and training registered lab and photography) - this event is far easier to devote time to if I was retired and sitting around or if I was in Alberta in the dead of winter at 40 below. I did specifically buy the realair 260 and the FSD Navajo and seneca for this event but no time to fly em - another time perhaps. I do want to commend the committee for doing a GA event. Now maybe someday - turboprops. Thanks again.

-Ed-

PS Yes Paul I will do the spreadsheet.

hey All,

Thanks!

Spreadsheet done. I was slow but I used less fuel than anyone! I probably should have flown a different aircraft first as this I knew was the slowest. Think I will go ahead and do the gold course just to see where a navajo would have fit in. Hopefully the spreadsheet is up that long - next couple weeks.

-Ed-

Well done, Ed. Nice fuel economy demonstration.
    -Mike

Congrats Ed! Hey everybody! Drinks on Ed!!
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.