P-38s All in a Row

Thread: P-38s All in a Row

P-38s All in a Row

I put this together from multiple pics I took at the Planes of Fame Airshow today. Paul Domingue, his son, and I went together and had a great time.

In formation, twelve o'clock high.

Attachment 86330Attachment 86331

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thank you Robert and Paul for the photos - I wish I could have been there! I'm very glad that each aircraft that was scheduled was able to attend without any problems developing. As I'm sure was mentioned during the show, these are five of the total of seven P-38's that are currently airworthy (the other two are based in Minnesota and Austria).

Here is a great Britt Dietz photo from over the weekend (I think there will be quite a few warbird magazines which will be carrying photos from this flight in the months ahead):

And a shot by Frank Mormillo from late last week, leading up to the air show:

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

David C. Copley would be proud :mixedsmi:

very cool...i remember how i felt when i got to see the P-38s together at Mather field a few years ago,was a feeling of awe and ..well im not sure i can describe it..just made me sorta melancholy ...as if id been there in the south pacific with many of those P-38 pilots or something..i met a couple whos father flew one of the P-38s depicted as restored or that had been restored that was actually his plane...i dont remember.. here they are..cant recall the name. very nice people.
    as the shirts and hats say..it was Ruff Stuff
    Attachment 86385

this is the only pic i got of Ruff Stuff,these Ladies are all pilots involved with the airshow that day..all performers..from aerobatics to military flybys ,the gal with no arms..dont recall her name..but she uses her feet to fly.
    Attachment 86388
    Attachment 86389
    Attachment 86390

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    ...this is the only pic i got of Ruff Stuff,these Ladies are all pilots involved with the airshow that day..all performers..from aerobatics to military flybys ,the gal with no arms..dont recall her name..but she uses her feet to fly.
    Jessica Cox.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b2IqpPSF9-U?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Here is some video of the five P-38's from Sunday's display: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xubCaOlHJOE
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Members who have read this thread: 0