A short photo essay, tribute

Thread: A short photo essay, tribute

A short photo essay, tribute

For those who may not have noticed, one of our forum members, Ed Keller, aka 'Wombat', has been releasing a re-paint just about every weekend, for the last several weeks. These re-paints have focused on historic Racers, and are being depicted on the A2A Civilian P-51D.

Ed has spent countless hours researching each of these aircraft, and has very accurately represented each, within a historic setting. Ed has even gone so far as to hand-draw rare decals, and markings, and also customize the Pilot's helmets, and other details, to match each corresponding aircraft. The work is fabulous, and if you have not yet, you should look into it!

I'll post a small screenshot here of each, with a link to his download here at SOH.

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD

Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

those are fantastic..wonderfull paints...makes me wish i had the a2a plane

My experience with FS9 it probably similar to a whole lot of other peoples. I purchased many addons, most of which ended up in the back of an e-hanger or in an e-scrap yard. Of course each of the planes I seldom flew after the newness had worn off and I had purchased the next absolutely must have package, each had multiple paint scheme...many, many paint schemes.

When I installed FSX I made the conscious decision to severely limit the number of addon aircraft I purchased and the number of paint schemes for each (usually just one or two). I've found getting more familiar with a few aircraft is actually more enjoyable for me.

That said, I down own the A2A mustang and I do believe I'll have to add a couple of new paint schemes to my hanger; nice work!

RIP 77

Great paints
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |