Hawaii, Big Island?

Thread: Hawaii, Big Island?

Hawaii, Big Island?

I think I already know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway. Does any body know if/where you can get photoreal scenery of the island of Hawaii. I know you can ge the other seven main islands either through freeware or payware, but I haven't found the Big Island available anywhere.

Where can you find photoscenery of the other islands? I'm aware of the freeware Niihau and Kauai, and MegaScenery's Oahu, but not of the others.

To date, there is are no photoscenery products for the island of Hawaii (the big island). I know Newport (a payware developer) has photoscenery for the other islands.

Pretty much what I figured about the Big Island and I knew about and have the others. Thanks

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    The big island is missing the nice 1ft imagery and even the 1-meter imagery from USGS....otherwise I would put it together for you guys... looks like only the S and SSE corner of the island is done. I attach the following from the USGS library.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by crashaz View Post
    The big island is missing the nice 1ft imagery and even the 1-meter imagery from USGS....otherwise I would put it together for you guys... looks like only the S and SSE corner of the island is done. I attach the following from the USGS library.
    That looks like the USGS TNM, but I'm not seeing the same data set - how did you get that view?

I believe that part of the island is geologically the most active so from a USGS standpoint it makes sense that they would have imagery for that area. Maybe Megascenery Earth 2.0 will dig up something when they get to Hawaii.