Status/Update on my Dad's cancer condition

Thread: Status/Update on my Dad's cancer condition

Banned
    Blog Entries

Status/Update on my Dad's cancer condition

Well,
    for those of you that may be curious about the outcome of my Dad's Pre-op this is what I was told today:

The Doctors say my Dad has a very rare/unusual type of cancer. Eventually, if undiagnosed, it would of broke through the skin of his leg.
    The cancer did spread to his lungs. He will undergo surgery tomorrow AM (early) They will have to make incision from his hip to his knee.
    After that, he will be recouping in hospital for 5 days. He will have 2 months of therapy after that. The cancer that did migrate to his lungs
    they can treat. (I don't know how, but today's medicine really amazes me).

So, I guess I will go down to visit him in a week or so (he most likely will be hunkered down in bed most of the time when I get there.
    So the Doc's put a priority on treatment for him, the surgery to remove the tumor then deal with the cancer in his lungs. I was told it was
    small amounts but I would think that they would have to try to deal with it ASAP to keep it from growing an further.

well thats bad news that it spread to his lungs..but i suppose its good nthey believe they can treat it...i,,and im sure all of us here at SOH will continue to pray for your dad and you and your family...Dave

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    well thats bad news that it spread to his lungs..but i suppose its good nthey believe they can treat it...i,,and im sure all of us here at SOH will continue to pray for your dad and you and your family...Dave
    Thanks Dave for your concerns.

Sorry the news wasn't better regarding the spread of the cancer but just keep a positive attitude and keep your Dad's morale up. I know it's a lot of baggage to carry.

Blog Entries
    Well the Doctors must think that this is a positive sign, or the wouldn't operate, so that's good.

Regards,
    Ian.