Duenna Problems in Western Roundup

Thread: Duenna Problems in Western Roundup

Duenna Problems in Western Roundup

Hi fellow flyers,

I am attempting to fly my Western Roundup rally, but am having problems with Duenna, specifically the text file.

When I complete my KBIF to KORS flight (about the 4th time - did it at night once for grins) Duenna does everything right, I have a VALIDATED flight, and it is logged to the fs-duenna.com server.

However, I do not get the TEXT file - Notepad bombs with a "The system cannot find the path specified".

No big deal, BUT THAT IS WHERE THE FUEL CONSUMPTION IS REPORTED! Argh!

Anybody else run into this? A search of SOH did not reveal anything specific to Duenna, and The Google revealed too much - never want to know that much about Java or PowerShell again...

Thanks for the assist!

JKH

PS: All is not lost - the fs-duenna.com site has all the flight data (and more!). Pretty cool.
    i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz (OC), 8GB DDR3 1600 memory, Windows 7. All home built.

Fast motorcycles, vintage cars, good bourbons, and alas, vintage cigars I had to give up...

I have Win7 64 and mine can be found in Programs(x86)/FS-ADDONS/FS Duenna/OUTPUT/(today‘s date).

I've seen a similar error when my firewall software was automatically denying the duenna from launching notepad. You might have experienced the same thing. The file should be there even though notepad wasn't launched.

Best of luck!
    Craig
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    I have Win7 64 and mine can be found in Programs(x86)/FS-ADDONS/FS Duenna/OUTPUT/(today‘s date).

I've seen a similar error when my firewall software was automatically denying the duenna from launching notepad. You might have experienced the same thing. The file should be there even though notepad wasn't launched.

Best of luck!
    Craig
    Thanks for the response, Craig, and what you say makes sense. I use Avast and it really does a good job of monitoring things.

Unfortunately, my FS Duenna directory does not have an OUTPUT directory in it so I can't pick up the data after-the-fact.

I hope I don't need these files - I am getting my flight statistics from the screen display and fuel consumption from the fs-duenna.com site.

JKH

Fast motorcycles, vintage cars, good bourbons, and alas, vintage cigars I had to give up...

Hi!

If you have the Duenna installed under "C:\Program Files (x86)" in Win7 you will need to run the Duenna as administrator for it to have the necessary permissions to create the OUTPUT directory and files under it. I would recommend uninstalling the Duenna and reinstalling it in a different location, e.g. "C:\RTW-Duenna", and try it again.
    Klas
    Team AVSIM

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCharizma View Post
    Hi!

If you have the Duenna installed under "C:\Program Files (x86)" in Win7 you will need to run the Duenna as administrator for it to have the necessary permissions to create the OUTPUT directory and files under it. I would recommend uninstalling the Duenna and reinstalling it in a different location, e.g. "C:\RTW-Duenna", and try it again.
    Thanks for the advice. I went into program properties and changed the Duenna.exe to run as Administrator. Should ... work.

I will try it on my KHQM to 4S2 flight tomorrow!

DC is right, Duenna must be run as admin when its in the program files folder. It was created in a time before the locked down permissions of Windows Vista/7.

Otherwise ya, install it outside the windows directory structure and you're good.

Yep, DC & Eamonn's comments should solve the problem.
    One thing I do is have a folder ("FS STUFF") on my desktop that has shortcuts to all the sim-related files ( the sim .exe's, Duenna .exe, etc plus shortcuts to those annoyingly obscure .cfg files and one to the Duenna Output Folder) so I have a one-stop-shop for all the bits I need.

PS: All is not lost - the fs-duenna.com site has all the flight data (and more!). Pretty cool.
    It IS cool and provides some entertaining reading. However, for event records, the .jpg and .txt saved on your own machine is the best. Should the Duenna site go down as you you are trying to post, or any of those other quirks happen, you can rely on your own copy to be available. ( and even transcribe the info into some other medium for posting on your thread ( we've had people use their cellpnone and once a phone-call to a friend who got a mod to edit the pilot's post )

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

All Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    Yep, DC & Eamonn's comments should solve the problem.
    One thing I do is have a folder ("FS STUFF") on my desktop that has shortcuts to all the sim-related files ( the sim .exe's, Duenna .exe, etc plus shortcuts to those annoyingly obscure .cfg files and one to the Duenna Output Folder) so I have a one-stop-shop for all the bits I need.

It IS cool and provides some entertaining reading. However, for event records, the .jpg and .txt saved on your own machine is the best. Should the Duenna site go down as you you are trying to post, or any of those other quirks happen, you can rely on your own copy to be available. ( and even transcribe the info into some other medium for posting on your thread ( we've had people use their cellpnone and once a phone-call to a friend who got a mod to edit the pilot's post )
    Thanks for the help, everyone!

After resetting the Duenna.exe properties to run as Administrator everything worked fine.