Problem with Duenna and P3D

Thread: Problem with Duenna and P3D

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Problem with Duenna and P3D

G'day,

I want to fly this roundup but it appears that if I cannot solve a couple of problems then I am out.

The problems seem to revolve around the Duenna and P3D. When I start the Duenna I get green lights for all but 2 bits. Realism is red and Weather is yellow.

As you can see with the Realism settings, all sliders are to the right. I have left 'detect crashes with other aircraft unchecked. Allow AutoMixture is checked and AutoRudder is unchecked.

Is it absolutely necessary to use the Duenna or will the in sim things be sufficient?

Help would be appreciated but in the meantime I am going to start the Roundup but will withdraw if I get negative answers.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I would fly the first leg and see what kind of data file the duenna generates.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Maybe it's related to the lack of 'real weather' like FsX has?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

If you uncheck "enable automixture" you should get green lights. The weather will still show as yellow since you are not using the in-simulator real weather, but as long as you are using another third party weather engine you will be fine. The weather issue was discussed in another thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ith-RTW-Duenna, so you should be fine.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    If you uncheck "enable automixture" you should get green lights. The weather will still show as yellow since you are not using the in-simulator real weather, but as long as you are using another third party weather engine you will be fine. The weather issue was discussed in another thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ith-RTW-Duenna, so you should be fine.
    Running AutoMixture is OK... I have used Automixture since FSX RTM (Christmas, 2006) which covers Duenna use since 2008 RTWR.

Yellow "Real-WX" is OK as the paiken said (when using something other than MSFS WX).

We gotta fix that Realism setting Pat... we'll get you squared away...

Edit:

Ok... sorry Pat... just saw you using P3D (forgot as I saw earlier). Your settings look correct... so try disabling the automixture.

Also... verify the sliders fully right (I use just General and Crash Tolerance). Try hovering the mouse to see if at 100% or click on them and use right arrow to see if any movement. Just trying to cover all the bases here.

------------------

Another thought...

On the Duenna... click on "Settings" and that will bring up a second box. You will see a "FS9.CFG (when non-std)". Point that to your fs9.cfg/fsx.cfg equivalent (Prepar3D.cfg maybe?)

Also... apparently P3D has an "FSX Legacy Mode"... if none of the above work... maybe try legacy mode and see.

Pat. Can you fly a short circuit and land? Or does the Duenna simply stop? If you can fly, then please post as an attachment your flight log.txt file so that we can see what the Duenna processes and what it does not. Please remember that the program was written for FS9 and FSX.
    -M
    -Mike

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Morning Mike,

Checking all the forums while finishing my second cup of Earl Grey after a bacon and eggs breakfast and will do some check flights shortly and post the results here.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).