OutTake-HD...

Thread: OutTake-HD...

OutTake-HD...

This Outake from my AlaskanSpring video just goes to prove that you can't expect to brush a wingtip through a tree top and get away with it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_D7PiT84uI

This only runs for 43 seconds but it should be viewed with the Quality clicked up to 1080p and the Full Screen icon at bottom right corner clicked.

Thanks for looking

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Nice little clip, Peter! Thanks for posting.

That's also a nice little amphib! Doggoned if I can put my finger on its identity, however. Can you tell me a bit about it?
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by HighGround22 View Post
    That's also a nice little amphib! Doggoned if I can put my finger on its identity, however. Can you tell me a bit about it?
    I'm not Peter but the aircraft is the Icon A5.

http://www.iconaircraft.com/

It's available for FS2004 and FSX/P3D by a couple of different people. Google should give you lots of info on where they can be found.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by HighGround22 View Post
    Nice little clip, Peter! Thanks for posting.

Well it is my favourite aeroplane in MS Flight and I really enjoy flying it. It's flight handling feels very real indeed and it is a joy to land on water. On land it is tricky for me to land in a crosswind as I do not have pedals but I have a spare hat switch on my stick that I Thumb left and right for rudder and up and down for elevator trim...I'm getting better at crosswind landings with it but with about a 15 knot crosswind component I find myself needing a bit of differential brake as well as full rudder at times (even on take-off). I have looped, rolled and spun it and love flying it. It does not have IFR capabilities with the instruments that are fitted and it has no radio nav aids, so I need to stay below cloud base and refer to the map for nav.

I do not have an FS9 or FSX/P3d version of the Icon...I fear that one will probably NOT fly as well as this one so have not bothered in case of disappointment.

Edit: There are quite a few videos of this Icon on My Channel:-

http://www.youtube.com/user/petermcleland?feature=mhee

Can people paint the planes in MSFlight? I have not seen the military paint on my copy of flight. Looks very cool. Sorry for the dum question.

Quote Originally Posted by rayhere48 View Post
    Can people paint the planes in MSFlight? I have not seen the military paint on my copy of flight. Looks very cool. Sorry for the dum question.
    I believe that someone has managed to paint an MSFlight aircraft...I saw something about it recently but can't remember where. The paint job I am using becomes "Unlocked" when you have gained a certain experience...It is my favourite livery for the Icon and I use it all the time

Members who have read this thread: 0