Virtavia B-29 Superfortress WIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia B-29 Superfortress WIP!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Virtavia B-29 Superfortress WIP!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Bloomin' excellent!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

OMG!!

Finally, one of the most significant aircraft of WWII is getting done. Well done Phil and Virtavia!!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    One little note on their frontpage though: "Please note, more updates to the B-29 page will not occur until after the R3Y
    Tradewind project is completed and released."
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

So glad Virtavia is who they are. Offering nice, rather easy to fly, moderately detailed, accurate and most of all important aircraft in aviation history at a reasonable and fair price. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    So glad Virtavia is who they are. Offering nice, rather easy to fly, moderately detailed, accurate and most of all important aircraft in aviation history at a reasonable and fair price. Great stuff.
    Great post. Couldn't say it better.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Good news!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Fantastic news! This one has just suddenly moved up next to Flight Replica's P-40N for the aircraft I'm immediately most looking forward to. I've always appreciated their ability and willingness to make sure that the aircraft look right, and have all of the right 'lines' (this is always the most important element for me, whether I will be interested in the product or not - everything else can come after). Hopefully they'll really go to town on the cockpit: http://www.davidpalermo.com/data/sli...gay/index.html

It will be fun utilizing the FSX material capabilities to recreate the look of the often-polished B-29's (though the metal work they already show is excellent) - and talk about an enormous amount of repaint possibilities, with so much incredible nose art applied to B-29's, both during WWII and into the Korean War.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Well done Virtavia, and clever choice I should say - this plane should be a seller especially if it is high quality.

Speaking of B-29's, in a few more years, 'FIFI' will no longer be the only/last B-29 flying. Although it was in hiatus for a while (since 2010), the B-29 "Doc" was purchased by a new set of owners earlier this year (that have more than enough wherewithal to see it through to completion and flying), and over the past few months restoration work has begun again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLAfH3MHtg0

http://www.b-29doc.com/

This amazing video was just posted to Youtube a couple of days ago, filled with recent air-to-air footage with the B-29 'FIFI' (and friends - including the CAF's authentic Japanese Zero) from one of its tour stops earlier this year, when it was visiting California. 'FIFI' is touring much of the country throughout this year, as part of the 'Airpower Tour', and is being joined at each stop with at least one other CAF warbird (changes depending on region of the U.S.). Seen at about the 1.20 mark, the aircraft has some great maneuverability for its size!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw09FiVjlNk
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Hopefully one day Virtavia will do a FSX B-50 too.....

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Great news! I hope the wings and engines will be visable from the VC. It's always hit or miss with Alphasim/Virtavia, in this regard. For the record, I'm not an Alphasim/Virtavia hater, as I have just about all of their models. The new line of Virtavia models dfinately hit the spot when it comes to balancing detail with performance, I just hope they get more consistent with certain things...things that are visable from the cockpit.

Such a great aircraft. Looks like that need will be finally filled for FSX and P3D.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Nah....next they need to do is a modern rework of the Thud....with a fair dinkum VC up to modern modelling standards...

That was our model and its getting some lovin... (The Thud)

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Yes, and after you, me, and Diego got to sit in that Thud a month or so ago, we all reaffirmed that the pilot can see the wings AND intakes from the cockpit, without any torso twisting. Just by simply turning your head and slightly leaning. I know, I'm like a broken record about this....

JOLLY BLIMEY .. JIMMY JILLICKERS .. Radio Activeman .. SUPER <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Okay, deal me in!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    I absolutely agree with this statement..
    Looking forward to this one
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    You just made my day...

A bit of 'fiddling' and what I ended up with for a 2D pit ....with animated stick, throttle, canopy, mirrors and refuel probe. Even the gauge reflections in the canopy glass are active and mirrored.

Attachment 85277

A bit OTT with a few of the extras...but the map on the left....is a 'folded' actual map of North Vietnam [in case I get lost]...

Be nice to have...

....just one B-29A .mdl in the package sans turrets for a WB-29-- the post war variants were cool too.

K

The "Enola Gay" model, as shown in one of the pics, doesn't have turrets fitted, as per original (it not being an A-model).

John...

...have I mentioned lately that you're simply BRILLIANT? I had not thought of that!!!! Now get back to work on that F-82....

Heh heh....

Warmest Regards,

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 3