Helldiver SB2C - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helldiver SB2C

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Ok, all this discussion demanded me to answer a few doubts and wrong impressions here.
    1st of them all, Robert, well, the project is not dead, is pretty much alive, what made it delayed: the technology we wanted to put in there, simply, it wasn´t there(same reason why it took us 2 years to put a Harrier in FSX), now we have the right code we want to put into it, since I just don´t want a pretty plane being sold, i want a bit of a value on what you purchase(if you can say that to a FSX add on)besides the fact, that i´m NOT the 3d developer of this project.When we posted pics of this bird´s external model, I contacted you, Robert, for info, which you sent me (with your critique) on what i was supposed to fix, like pilot position, gunner seating and MG stowing positions and operation, all that, Robert, was fixed using your input and no one else´s.Now the cockpit is being worked on, at the own´s 3d developer pace, HIS pace.
    I´m sorry to hear you consider us a waste of time, I know you´re a ww2 vet, and also a short tempered man, but sorry to know you consider us a "waste of time", no matter your opinion, this bird will go at the pace it needs to go to make it accurate.I know you´ll be around to enjoy it, and also to tear it apart, but at the end of the day, it will be something worth getting, IF you´re a SB2C fan of course.
    Begging to beta test? excuse me, there is no beta to test YET, no matter what you see in pics.The reason i post pics of this aircraft (or any aircraft, for that matter) is to show that it´s a live project.
    Regarding my decision of using Facebook as a exposure tool, it´s my prerogative, to put it simple, some like Coke and some Pepsi, and even then, some go for light and some for classic and so on.Facebook for me is the right place to show our projects and products, since the people that go there is there looking for our stuff, so more posting on forums and seeing no answers at all, not even a "this is a POS add on", there, a simple "like" means we are getting to some interested parties.My intentions are not to alienate anyone (sorry if you feel like that) but to get most exposure possible, it´s a trend of times, and we have to be on top of things for these matters.
    Having say that, i´m out of here again, i just came back since this thread was put to my attention, i´m not monitoring it as i no longer monitor SOH.
    Best regards

Ron C. Zambrano M
    former "Prowler" on SOH

well i think Ron summed it up well,answered the questions and concerns..we ALL just need to be a little more patient.sounds like some of the delay was infact to listening to helldivers input..and that new coding makes me wonder if it will have folding wings?..have we had that on any FSX planes to date?...im thinking the MAAM avenger does..but i cant recall..i have it..but have never flown it.. .

about Facebook...i really dont understand the fear...or more likely ... stubbornness.. of people..its free...and if you use it correctly...it wont violate you or your rights..and wont take over your PC/laptop/or macbook or whatever it is you have...and anymore facebook can be a handy tool for many things...i use it to contact friends and family in real time..and yesterday i discovered companies like cessna and beechcraft have solo pages for individual aircraft..thats kinda wierd...but cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    well i think Ron summed it up well,answered the questions and concerns..we ALL just need to be a little more patient.sounds like some of the delay was infact to listening to helldivers input..and that new coding makes me wonder if it will have folding wings?..have we had that on any FSX planes to date?...im thinking the MAAM avenger does..but i cant recall..i have it..but have never flown it.. .
    To my knowledge, FSX has an animation tag for folding wings, so whatever they had to spend the time coding is likely a bit more of an uncommon feature, but that's just a guess. (The wings on the default FA/18 fold and every feature of default aircraft is supported by the SDK, in regards to animations.)

Plenty of folding wings out there, check out the Fairey Gannet for the double fold.

about Facebook...i really dont understand the fear...or more likely ... stubbornness.. of people
    Some of us don't have the time - or the inclination - to spend time on Facebook. I waste enough time checking out the modeling forums as it is, which is why my model's VC isn't finished yet...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Helldiver,

There is a portover of the Wolfi SB2C available on Simviation, you can find it here: http://simviation.com/1/download-fil...p&fileId=42091

It's a port, but still, it will work in FSX!

Dumonceau

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Some of us don't have the time - or the inclination - to spend time on Facebook. I waste enough time checking out the modeling forums as it is, which is why my model's VC isn't finished yet...
    Hmmm, checking on a specific open facebook site involves not more effort or even less than checking on a dev forum page. To me it just another link in my collection.
    Or is it? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes-MDflyer4 View Post
    To my knowledge, FSX has an animation tag for folding wings, so whatever they had to spend the time coding is likely a bit more of an uncommon feature, but that's just a guess. (The wings on the default FA/18 fold and every feature of default aircraft is supported by the SDK, in regards to animations.)
    allright..didnt know this..is WHY i asked about the maam avernger...

Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    Plenty of folding wings out there, check out the Fairey Gannet for the double fold.
    that sounds pretty cool....not my kinda plane though

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post

ok ok sheeesh.......

that sounds pretty cool....not my kinda plane though
    it's an oddity alright, but superbly suited to carrier ops.

Charter Member 09
    Now to set the record straight, before you even started the SB2C project you asked me for all my data on Helldivers which I sent to your house, That was three years ago. Since then I have only seen scatterings of pictures of your progress. Along with promises that it would be released soon. It also seems to me that one version was to be of my airplane aboard the USS Leyte, CV-32. I am not short tempered. But I do not have patience for people that pull my chain.
    I detest having to resort to some teen age device like Facebook. (The Boston Bombers play ground) What's wrong with showing it on a Flight Simulator site? Had I seen your latest version, I would tell you to stow the tail hook. Don't leave it welded in the out position as the Confederate Air Force. That's a poor model to use. At age 85, I have good reason to show impatience. t grows greater, every single day I have left.

Now as to folding wings, there are straight forward wing folds as used on the F4Us and SB2C and the backwards folding ones used the TBF and F6-F. They were so awkward that it took three crewman to get them back and locked. They were a constant pain in the neck when you were spotting planes. It would take a bit of animation to show it in operation. Thank goodness that Grumman abandoned it on the F8-F Bearcat.

On Wolfi's port over, it would take just little work on it to make her perfect. He was almost 80% done in FS9.
    Would you like to ride in my big green tractor?.

I should not chime in-->still I do

@Helldiver,

Pls bear in mind that most FS developers even for payware ,have annother Job.So progress may differ a lot from developer to developer.
    Pls also believe me that a full functioning VC in these days take at least same time as exteriors--> usually about double time.
    I get your impatience,believe me so.But an FSX VC is NOT comparable to anything of FS9

As my late friend passed away in his 94's*** ,2 years ago, he left us in the dark.Nobody to ask anymore wether that is right stall behaviour of a Bf-109 K-4 or worse then this of an Avia -S199

@Ron

Dont take it as offence,its just impatiency because time really running out.Use Helldiver as Long as it goes,believe me real insight of a real combat user is uncomparable to (all respect to everybody) post war flyers which had some training flights in nice weather.Only the combat pilots had to push or ignore the envelop. If I could I would do the best Alpha(ist not yet Beta) for Helldiver for the next period

to SOH-Community

easy to type ,hard to do.Why not paint Wolfi`s Fs9 as good as some can for helldiver(whatever livery he wants) and port it properly to FSX.I can do my share on FDE.**

Best regards

Roland

beta tester of many payware and Freeware projects

** yes I want FSX native.But till I get (and/or can buy) some FS9 and CFS2 portovers (given they are MDL8's) work well in FSX

*** He was WW2 german pilot,knights cross,had all licenses (single up to He-177) and he was at end of war flight teacher first for german allies and then as war prisoner in Russia and Czech(what was better then a siberian gulag)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    ...a full functioning VC in these days take at least same time as exteriors--> usually about double time...
    For FSX this is because there's code to write and debug for lots of things to work as the devs - or demanding customers - want. In extreme cases (complex airliner VC) this can add years to the process. Polygons are only part of the story.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 29