Had to say goodbye to an old friend today..

Thread: Had to say goodbye to an old friend today..

Had to say goodbye to an old friend today..

I had to say goodbye to my old friend Mr. Bo today, I don't care what anyone says but this just seems to get harder and harder as we get older.. Bo came to live with me in 2005 just after Rose ( my profile Pic) died and he has been an exceptional dog. Two years ago May he came down with cancer and today it finally caught up to him, its ironic because he outlived the Vet who told me that he only had 6 weeks to live.. We put him on an herbal pill called Apocaps and fed him a high protein diet for the last two years that I think gave him that extra time, but its still hard and as I type this I am brought to tears thinking about all the time we have had together... He was an exceptional Dog! I will miss you Bo!

Attachment 85200
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Members +
    Sorry..The second passing of someones old friend here....I said then we live longer than our friends,just as we become one,one of us leaves....Living a long time ,I had to say goodby to many ..no Fun..I remember them all...however ,I would never be without a dog..my Friend go find your self a pup,You will know the right one when you see it..and enjoy one another..Vin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwGnCIdHQH0

Mr Bo was a handsome fella wasnt he?...sorry for your loss.my loss,my thoughts will be with you,ive added his pic to my folder of "the friends of SOH"...pics of soh members pets..presant and past...

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beana51 View Post
    Living a long time ,I had to say goodby to many ..no Fun..I remember them all...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwGnCIdHQH0
    How true. My mother-in-law lived to be 89, but it was a mixed blessing as she outlived just about every one of her peers, in and out of her family. How depressing in a way to watch them go one by one before you. Saddest of all are the beloved pets who precede us, the only source in one's life of absolute loyalty and devotion, without question or hesitation. There just has to be a place where that much affection and loyalty are rewarded . . .

Thank you guys! I will get another, just not right now.. I almost didn't bring Bo home with me 8 years ago, but I am glad I did because he was an exceptional dog and a big part of our family.. He was my co-pilot on many of my FSX flights and train adventures.. :salute:

Unhappy Condolences

Quote Originally Posted by Gdavis101 View Post
    I had to say goodbye to my old friend Mr. Bo today, I don't care what anyone says but this just seems to get harder and harder as we get older.. Bo came to live with me in 2005 just after Rose ( my profile Pic) died and he has been an exceptional dog. Two years ago May he came down with cancer and today it finally caught up to him, its ironic because he outlived the Vet who told me that he only had 6 weeks to live.. We put him on an herbal pill called Apocaps and fed him a high protein diet for the last two years that I think gave him that extra time, but its still hard and as I type this I am brought to tears thinking about all the time we have had together... He was an exceptional Dog! I will miss you Bo!

Attachment 85200
    He looks like a beautiful soul. My sincere condolences. I know how hard it can be to lose a critter pal.

You will be with Bo again, when you cross the Rainbow Bridge. Me? I choose to believe in that legend, and I told my beloved Chief I would meet him there as he passed away. I know the pain is great. All I can say is, be thankful for all the wonderful years that Bo was with you, and the precious memories that you have... take comfort in that.... Pete

My sincere condolences on the loss of your pal Bo. It'll be a year next month since our dog Joker passed away. My wife says she can still hear him next to her bed at night. Wouldn't surprise me if he was still here. She dearly loved that dog.

Sorry for the loss. It will take time. You know you gave her a good life.
    Rick
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

Sorry to hear of your loss Gdavis....but do not fret, they never leave your heart. You'll meet again at the Rainbow Bridge. Mr. Bo's already there waiting patiently, healed and whole with lots of company to play with.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Again, thank you, all of you, for your kind words..