Mirage IIIB about to land....on your PC
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirage IIIB about to land....on your PC

Mirage IIIB about to land....on your PC

BeeGee has posted a video on Youtube, showing the incoming Mirage IIIB by Restauravia. High Quality freeware aircraft!

Ahhhh, great news. Been waiting patiently for this one!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another superb cockpit

Shaking the dribble off my face right now

But,when will be available???
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Real nice! Another two-seater to add to my collection.
    Matt

Stupid question... but why is the frame of the cockpit translucent? *curious*

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post

That's most probably an option available via a clickspot, a bit like on the freeware Etendard IV.

I think its like the Mystere IV from Restauravia : there should be some clickable area on the windshield frame which makes the frame transparent in order to make formation flight easier. But you can fly formation without using this feature of course.
    Attachment 85187
    Attachment 85186

a very thoughtful feature... at first I thought it was an attempt to simulate the wider field of view given by two eyes vs one camera where things can sometimes seem a little translucent through combined perspective... either way, useful.

Congratulations for this marvelous project !!!!

There's a problem with the video....it's too short!

I forgot about this project, it's nice to see it's progressed so far. I'm definitely looking forward to this release. Thanks for the preview.

Exceptional news .... love this delta winged French beauty ! Mike

a very thoughtful feature... at first I thought it was an attempt to simulate the wider field of view given by two eyes vs one camera where things can sometimes seem a little translucent through combined perspective... either way, useful.
    Hi,
    You were right! when working on Fouga Zephyr and EtendardIVM, the feedback we had from our former (real-life) pilots was that the field of view was better in the real life : for instance pilots never loose the FLOLS 's meatball view. The reason is certainly mainly due to binocular effect vs single camera but also to the way brain works in a real 3D environment vs false 3D like FSX...
    As a work around we decided to use transparency feature which according to our pilots, gives good results!!
    But it is optionnal, you can keep everything solid!

Regards
    Sylvain

Looking forward to this one very much. Not only because I like the old analog gauges but also due to the number of possible repaints. At the beginning of their service life, the IIIB's were delivered to the individual fighter squadrons, prior to being assigned to the then newly created training squadron ECT 02/002 "Côte d'Or" in 1966. At the start of the video the leader is from ECT 02/002 while the one we see the most is from EC 02/013 "Alpes". In addition to all the French fighter unit schemes it wore this will be a great canvas for the IIIBZ in SAAF colors and the IIIBJ in IAF colors.
    :ernae:

Finnaly!!!!!
    Roshane"Python" Samarasekara

Who said Kiwis can't fly?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i5 3570K @ 4.6ghz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | G.Skill 16GB Ares | EVGA Nvidia GTX 660 SC | Coolermaster X6 Heatsink | Corsair C70 Case | Seasonic 620W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Python231 View Post
    Finnaly!!!!!
    No I think it's from France not Finland.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Very nice indeed. As is that scenery. Is it FranceVFR Corsica?
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    No I think it's from France not Finland.
    And Finland is actually one of the rare countries that France did not manage to the flog the Mirage to

It dose look a goodie , that video , i recall a very similar real world vid with the Swiss air force 50 series i believe .. looks brilliant <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Quote Originally Posted by FentiFlier1 View Post
    And Finland is actually one of the rare countries that France did not manage to the flog the Mirage to
    It was close though, after evaluation flights it was the pilot´s choice. But, it was too expensive and the politics got involved. Our pilots finally got their will through with the F/A-18.

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Very nice indeed. As is that scenery. Is it FranceVFR Corsica?
    I don't think so. They didn't take off from Zara and the island isn't that wide (based on how far away the scenery mountain ranges appear). This must be some scenery of the Alps perhaps?
    :ernae:

I would like to get my hands on that scenery, once we find out which it is!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™