the Final paintkit!

Thread: the Final paintkit!

the Final paintkit!

well here it is so far... the last paintkit i'll be making on this stopgap laptop (New PC is expected later this week/early next week)... the English Electric Lightning... have just been working on the 'Bullet' and forwards fuselage this evening, slowly tracking back along the airframe....

Attachment 85146

as Wg Cmdr. B Carroll said to his students on the lightning "young man you may have noticed the only reason the lightning has wings is to keep the nav lights apart"

ok... progressing well now... New PC arrives tomorrow hopefully, then another weeks wait and i'll start using my Cintiq Graphics Tablet (A birthday present for myself to go with the PC)... then comes the fun of migrating anything over BUT.... and it's a proper J-Lo of a But(t) i won't be firing up the new rig until this Lightning paintkit is done... and by done, i mean done, as it's in the memory of my Late Grandfather who was in the RAF and had vivid memories of the lightning, especially banging his head on the wing of the thing and it's engine (he was a Propulsion tech as i recall) :salute:

Attachment 85184

Hey Matt,

Glad you're still in business! LOL! What Lightning is that? The Virtavia / Alphasim one?

Dave

it is indeed the AS/Virtavia one, well into a deep retexture... so far i've got about 70% newly lined and rivetted, only the wing undersides and aft section to retexture.... the apply decals and the F.1/F.1A kit is done, not sure yet if i'll be making a kit per variant but we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    it is indeed the AS/Virtavia one, well into a deep retexture... so far i've got about 70% newly lined and rivetted, only the wing undersides and aft section to retexture.... the apply decals and the F.1/F.1A kit is done, not sure yet if i'll be making a kit per variant but we'll see
    An Excellent flyer indeed. I only just got this one two weeks ago! Been adding some skins to it. Looking forward to this!

Dave

Looking forward to this Matt. Can always rely on you to make quality paints for some of my favourite kites. Even the Brit'stang has got me salivating. Looking forward to this so much you got me posting again.

:salute:
    Jamie

cheers pal, yeah as i type this i'm on my new rig, with a new monitor (23" Widescreen which rotates through 90*) remainder of parts for my 15" Wacom Tablet should arrive next week so i'll really be able to knuckle down... todays jobs include installing Photoshop, MCX and several other FS Tools.... :salute:

best bit is... Lightning and all my paintkit work i did on my external so i can just pick straight back up where i was :salute:

Looking very good. Hope you'll continue on to the other variants, as they're not too different.

Perhaps it's just as well that the Sea Lightning never made it into production. Yes, there was a proposal for such a beast - I have a copy of it.
    It would have been a variant of the T5 - with swing wings, a bigger ventral tank, more missiles and a whole new main gear structure.

Dave

yeah i remember seeing the sea lightning proposal in the past... can't begin to imagine how tricky that thing would have been to get onto a carrier... it's like Eurofighter GMBh actually has an open concept for a Navalised Typhoon, and also optional Conformal Fuel Tanks.... but still... just installing Photoshop now :salute:

yeah i remember seeing the sea lightning proposal in the past... can't begin to imagine how tricky that thing would have been to get onto a carrier... it's like Eurofighter GMBh actually has an open concept for a Navalised Typhoon, and also optional Conformal Fuel Tanks.... but still... just installing Photoshop now :salute:

Well, if the Rafale can do it.....?

Dave

well, progress is being made.... just finished the aft end, now to do the wing undersides before finishing on the Ventral tank... and tidying up other areas, gun port etc....

Attachment 85478

Oh, that's nice!!

Airbrakes?

Dave

Attachment 85498

yeah they're there..... just the Ventral tank really to do now.... then the whole plethora of decals.... maybe my metal effect too....

did someone order bare metal?

Attachment 85502

very very little to do now on the F.1/F.1A....

Attachment 85505

That is very nice indeed Matt!
    Co-incidentally I just framed an original 1960's press photograph of the Lightning, now hanging in my office space.
    The picture is stamped and signed with a serial number by BAC...

Attachment 85508

Stuart

Nice! i like that!......

i've pretty much completed the Bare Metal Masters now, just finalising a few things....

and there we go.... all done... i think.....

Attachment 85509

and there we go.... all done... i think.....

Attachment 85509
    Another masterpiece, Matt!

Dave

Blog Entries

Absolutely fantastic work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by p3aewguy View Post
    Another masterpiece, Matt!

Dave
    Are you going to post just the paintkit or the entire model?
    Nothing short of stunning artistry! When I grow up I wanna be a Matt....

cheers guys, just the paintkit as the AS/Virtavia Lightning is still for sale in a few places as i recall... :salute:

cheers guys, just the paintkit as the AS/Virtavia Lightning is still for sale in a few places as i recall... :salute:
    It is still payware. I just bought it 2 weeks ago at PC Aviator.

http://www.pcaviator.com.au/store/pr...roductid=18694

Dave

The paint kit is for the F1/F1A, so should be fine for the F2 as well - at least in theory.

Dave

Hey Matt, how 'bout painting the Duxford Lightning, XM135, which is infamous for being the
    Lightning that W/Cdr 'Taffy' Holden took his impromptu flight around the block in while at 33MU (Lyneham) in 1966.

ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 2