RFN F-8E Crusader - WIP

Thread: RFN F-8E Crusader - WIP

Hybrid View

RFN F-8E Crusader - WIP

Hi,
    I open this thread just to give you some visibility on this project which is now on the top of our priority!
    I'm working on the exterior model, mapping the first set of draft textures and animating the main parts (so far only gears and doors are animated)

Here is a screenshot from FSX to show you the beast as it is tonight
    Attachment 85103

Regards,
    Sylvain

Superb , Ive had a lot of fun just recent in this shooter , with doing an external update , now that would be something ill be looking forward to <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

One of my favorite aircraft of all time. Thanks
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

Sylvain,
    If you have any F-8 detail or performance questions please feel free to contact me. I have a whole community of former F-8 pilots on the F-8 list who can provide answers. These guys constantly amaze me with the extent of their knowledge, and such good recall of their experiences. :salute:

Thanks for the update!

I'll be following this closely - the last RFN productions have been really excellent!

Owen.

Awesome! :salute:
    Hopefully, we can also have a stripped model(like the one in the screenie). No Hardpoints, No weapons. Then we can have a real RF-8 for FSX to go along with RFN's "Last Gunfighter" versions.
    Anticipation is...Making me wait. Doggone Ketchup jingle....Again! lol ...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

*drooling*

Superb Work Sylvain! :-D

Best
    DagR

Blog Entries
    What more can I say than has already been said?

Looking superb, and with the quality of the RFN Etendard IV as a benchmark, I know this will be mindblowing in its quality and (hopefully) the visual performance. I find it so remarkable how RFN's projects manage to look so good, both in model detail and in paint quality - and with corresponding minimal performance impact.

This will be a highly anticipated project, and with a good paint kit, I hope it'll get repainted more times than the Mona Lisa!

cheers,

DL

Hi,
    The Crusader is a plane that really looks like a true fighter, don't you think?

Don't look too much into detail it is still in Progress... very draft...
    I like to share work in progress from time to time.

Regards,
    Sylvain

Looks great so far! :salute:

Looks great! I believe the prototype F-8 is currently being restored at the Boeing Museum of Flight Restoration center located at Paine field, WA (KPAE). It's a beautiful machine! Well done thus far!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Superb work Sylvain :-)

Best regards
    Dag

Hi,
    The RFN team whishes you and your family an happy new year!!
    A quick screenshot to show you the Crusader cockpit as it is at the very start of year, whishing that 2014 will be the year of the Gunfighter!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crusader_RFN_WIP5.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	2150

Regards,
    Sylvain

Hi,
    Just to give some fresh news from the F-8E project.
    I spent a lot of time on the Radar and Gunsight C++ code so exterior and interior models didn't progress as much as I wanted to...

We're working on a "Interception" feature to simulate the radio controller help so I coded also a second kind of radar scope, then after I will add all the messages management...

Here is the 2 scopes... Note that the F-8E radar scope was designed in the 60ies so it requires some times to understand how it works...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crusader_RFN_WIP6.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	10929

Regards,
    Sylvain

+1 Sylvain. The cockpit is looking good. Good you are focusing on the "office"!

Need at good FSX LFRJ Landivisiau?

Take a look at the offering by Skydesigners here.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 23