RFN F-8E Crusader - WIP - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RFN F-8E Crusader - WIP

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Attachment 1801

Says it all, really?
    Now, where can I get a good FSX Landivisiau?

Dave
    YES! Navy Chief

GO NAVAIR!

Fantastic News, Sylvain!!!

Merry Christmas!

Superb work Sylvain :-)

Best regards
    Dag

Hi,
    The RFN team whishes you and your family an happy new year!!
    A quick screenshot to show you the Crusader cockpit as it is at the very start of year, whishing that 2014 will be the year of the Gunfighter!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crusader_RFN_WIP5.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	2150

Regards,
    Sylvain

Hi,
    Just to give some fresh news from the F-8E project.
    I spent a lot of time on the Radar and Gunsight C++ code so exterior and interior models didn't progress as much as I wanted to...

We're working on a "Interception" feature to simulate the radio controller help so I coded also a second kind of radar scope, then after I will add all the messages management...

Here is the 2 scopes... Note that the F-8E radar scope was designed in the 60ies so it requires some times to understand how it works...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crusader_RFN_WIP6.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	10929

Regards,
    Sylvain

+1 Sylvain. The cockpit is looking good. Good you are focusing on the "office"!

Need at good FSX LFRJ Landivisiau?

Take a look at the offering by Skydesigners here.

Dave

Blog Entries
    Great news, Sylvain!

I noticed in your screenshot that the attitude indicator is the American version, not the French ... comme cas ....

... so does that mean you're working on an American version too?

And at the risk of being obnoxious (sorry in advance!!) is there any chance of an RF-8 model, even with an E shared VC?

thanks!

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Great news, Sylvain!

I noticed in your screenshot that the attitude indicator is the American version, not the French ... comme cas ....

(...)

... so does that mean you're working on an American version too?

And at the risk of being obnoxious (sorry in advance!!) is there any chance of an RF-8 model, even with an E shared VC?

thanks!

dl
    Hi Delta_lima,
    I'm still working only on the F-8E(fn) version. This is a version used by the French Navy from the 60ies to the 80ies but not the last version you shown on your photo (F-8P) used from the end of the 80ies to end of the 90ies . The version I'm working on is not so different from the US one, so the step should not be too high to deliver a US version after having done the first one.

Regarding the RF-8 version, it is still on my to-do-list (I love recco planes), but I work very slowly...

Regards,
    Sylvain

Thanks for the update Sylvain!

Cheers,
    Hank

Sylvain, thanks for the update! Looking good!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    ...Regarding the RF-8 version, it is still on my to-do-list (I love recco planes), but I work very slowly...
    Take your time, I can be very patient knowing the photo bird will be of the same quality as the "gunfighter" version. Let me know if you need any reference material for details. I did two tours with VFP-63 at NAS (now MCAS) Miramar in San Diego, pretty sure I can get whatever info you would need.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Sylvain,

Great idea to use the older, US-style panel.

Looking forward to this, for sure!

dl

Hi all!
    A quick vidéo to show you how the F-8E radar looks like in FSX.
    You'll see the "Controler " scope (2D gauge at the top left) which is used to help for interception, and also the different modes of the F-8E radar scope : searching mode (at the very begining), then by clicking on "T" botton, we enter into Acquisition mode, and last when the target is locked, the Tracking mode with its specific symbology.
    At the end, the target is too close, so the breaking away cross is showing up...

EDIT: I put a better video on line

Regards,
    Sylvain

Icon25 RFN F-8E Crusader - WIP

I am really looking forward to this RFN F-8!

Blog Entries

Just bubbling this one to the surface ...

... Since it came up in a different thread.

'hope it's still progressing - and for those of us who can read French, voici le thread du progrès...

http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewto...p?id=53209&p=1

Looking tres jolie, mes amis!

dl

Bump

Sorry to be the pestering one, but how's progress? This is probably my most awaited aircraft for FSX right now...

I was wondering the same thing. I know they have been busy with many things and if I'm correct, they diverted time/resources on a couple of other things including the Alize. Based on the Etendard and Alize, I am confident that the end product of the F-8 is going to be a true winner and favorite in FS models. Now it's just a matter of having patience and hoping for a wonderful surprise (as we got with the Alize!).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm hoping to see very soon this elegant-big-powerfull naval plane.
    FSX really need this important navy fighter.
    The more you do, the less you dream

Hi,
    Thank you! I really appreciate such message : the 'sader is truly expected!!
    Regarding my work, unfortunately I didn't have time to work on FSX . The 2 or 3 things I did these months were not really time consuming and the F-8 project still need important workload to be reach a beta stage.
    The exterior model is one of my main painful point as it still need a lot of work : not huge pb but many part to be adjusted, mapped and painted...Very very time consuming to me...

So the good news is that the project is still alive, but the bad one is that it depends a lot to my real life free time...

Regards,
    Sylvain

Hi Sylvain! The most important thing is that this PROJECT is not died

Good news indeed, she's still on the way! If you feel confortable with it, there are many talented developers here that i'm sure could help you. Of course that's entirely up to you, your project after all.

Regards.

Let's keep alive this thread !!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1682701.jpg   0754031.jpg   1717446.jpg  

Hi!
    It has been a very long time since I gaive some news on the RFN's Crusader project!
    The main reason was that I had no news to share, as 2015 was a really bad year for my FS projects...
    But 2016 is a different year and it seems a better year!

Since few weeks now Bernard Juniot (who did the beautiful Alize) joined the 'Sader team and took in charge the external model : he gave a huge boost to the team and the project.
    I let you make your own opinion with these 2 screen shots from FSX

regards,
    Sylvain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crusader_RFN_WIP12.jpg   Crusader_RFN_WIP10.jpg  

Beautiful work so far Sylvain,and team Sader.

Members who have read this thread: 23