[Payware] Majestic Software Dash 8 Q-400
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Payware] Majestic Software Dash 8 Q-400

[Payware] Majestic Software Dash 8 Q-400

those who arent aware, this is being released this Saturday 20 APR

more details http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/index.html

I received their 'Special Bonus Offer' via email earlier today, US$60.00, 800 'bonus' points.
    No thank you.
    Give it a few months and it will be on 'Special Sale' at a discount.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

$60.00? Ouch! :isadizzy:
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I received their 'Special Bonus Offer' via email earlier today, US$60.00, 800 'bonus' points....................
    No thank you.
    Give it a few months and it will be on 'Special Sale' at a discount.
    Are you referring to the e-mail from us (Just Flight)?

The product price is set by the developer (Majestic Software) and the 800 reward points (equivalent to £8 off a future purchase) is a Just Flight only offer. The product isn't cheap but its comparable to the PMDG 737 NGX in terms of functionality/quality and is $10 cheaper, so I would say its a fair price point.

This package is quite sophisticated, coded externally to FSX with full systems modelling it'll be quite challenging for those interested in such a craft. It also comes in three different packages extending it into a useful tool for real world training support. The price looks comparable to other coded packages out there and 8 quid off a Canberra say, will be most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post

The product price is set by the developer (Majestic Software) and the 800 reward points (equivalent to £8 off a future purchase) is a Just Flight only offer. The product isn't cheap but its comparable to the PMDG 737 NGX in terms of functionality/quality and is $10 cheaper, so I would say its a fair price point.
    yep, there difference between the models is highlighted here

http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/products.html

Just my personal opinion, not an aircraft that I (just me, myself) care for, and the reward points are conditional on purchasing by a certain date.
    I'm sure there will be sales aplenty.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries
    I've been going over the material at Majestic Software. I don't see that they have upgraded the model itself. Currently the VC has only partially 3d rendered components. For example, the overhead panel has all 2D switches. The panel graphics are fairly low resolution and difficult to monitor.

The exterior model would need serious upgrading to qualify for the price point. Again, none of the features expected in an FSX native.
    When I first purchased this one I felt it was a port over that was represented as an FSX native model.

Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic model if you want immersion in systems and sound. One of the best I own. I've been waiting for the new release so I can upgrade, but if MJS hasn't improved the model itself...it's a pass for me.

If anyone has additional info on the upgrade...I'd be quite interested in the details. For this kind of money one would expect to see a visually impressive model as well as comprehensive systems.

IMHO
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I've been going over the material at Majestic Software. I don't see that they have upgraded the model itself. Currently the VC has only partially 3d rendered components. For example, the overhead panel has all 2D switches. The panel graphics are fairly low resolution and difficult to monitor.

The exterior model would need serious upgrading to qualify for the price point. Again, none of the features expected in an FSX native.
    When I first purchased this one I felt it was a port over that was represented as an FSX native model.

Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic model if you want immersion in systems and sound. One of the best I own. I've been waiting for the new release so I can upgrade, but if MJS hasn't improved the model itself...it's a pass for me.

If anyone has additional info on the upgrade...I'd be quite interested in the details. For this kind of money one would expect to see a visually impressive model as well as comprehensive systems.

IMHO
    I'm not sure if the material is misleading but the model is superb, as is the virtual cockpit which is full of 3D content and stunning textures. The aircraft is most certainly on par with the PMDG 737 and takes full advantage of FSX native features and more. Its a significant step up in modelling terms from the previous incarnation.

Take a look at the images and video on our site: http://www.justflight.com/product/dash-8-q400-pilot-edition-fsx-download

Blog Entries
    The aircraft is most certainly on par with the PMDG 737 and takes full advantage of FSX native features and more. Its a significant step up in modelling terms from the previous incarnation.
    That would make it a done deal for me then. I am hopeful that there is an upgrade available or coming for existing owners. I've been waiting for this release for almost a year and would really enjoy seeing this aircraft live up to it's FSX potenial. Thanks Martyn, I appreciate the HU.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post

IMHO
    I think you're at the wrong site... Go here and look:
    http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/media.html

Here's the overhead with 3D knobs and buttons... (horrible jpeg compression via photobucket)

The exterior is excellent... superb lighting effects and bump mapping...
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Blog Entries
    Yep, the vids show a huge improvement. The model is extremely good in the previous version and the sound excellent. The improvements to the visual model will make this one of my favorites for sure. I've always liked the Dash 8...this completes the package.
    Thomas Jefferson

This is going to be THE turboprop to own for FSX. From what I have heard, FPS aren't too bad either.

I may have to totally break down and get this model. Don't tell my friends...

I see the Horizon Air Q400's all the time at the Airport I work at, very tempted to get this as well ... Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    This is going to be THE turboprop to own for FSX. From what I have heard, FPS aren't too bad either.
    I'm a little worried about the OOM situation, ie how much this plane will saturate the VAS. With the NGX and above normal LOD settings I can OOM within the hour. But we'll see how this one is.

Regardless I am too excited for it.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I'm a little worried about the OOM situation, ie how much this plane will saturate the VAS. With the NGX and above normal LOD settings I can OOM within the hour.
    I can't speak for the new model, but I have never had a problem with the predecessor Dash 8 from Majestic. I've got a few other aircraft that hit my system pretty hard, but that has not been my experience with the Dash.
    Thomas Jefferson

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Ive always loved the Q series planes (real ones) and this model looks awesome. I'll be standing in line for one.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

In case folks didn't know, JustFlight confirmed that purchasing the "Pilot" version allows you to upgrade to the "Pro" version (when released) for the price difference.

I'm pre-ordering this tomorrow. Been waiting a LONG time for it.

*EDIT* Quote from JustFlight:
    Note: If you buy the Dash 8 from Just Flight you will be able to upgrade via Just Flight to the next editions when they are available, with the upgrade cost simply being the price difference between the currently owned version and the next version.
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

0900z is the release time from the majestic page. Less than 4o mins to go

yay its released

This is great!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

very smooth frames in and outside the aircraft, im not sure how they did it but its humming a long

I loved the 300 and this is only the icing on the cake. Now to awaiit the 300 upgrade. Please just the cockpit than it wont take soooo looong. This has being in development for years so enjoy.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Members who have read this thread: 35