[Payware] Majestic Software Dash 8 Q-400 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Payware] Majestic Software Dash 8 Q-400

I'm looking at this...Kinda...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    I am surprised this isn't getting more publicity. This plane does so many things that nobody else has ever done in (and out!) of FSX. The frame rate is absolutely incredible for the realism. I would have expected this to hit my computer like the NGX does, but it stays locked at 30 FPS in all but the most demanding scenarios (where non Q400 things drag down FPS). The flight model is unlike anything I've experienced in the MSFS world, the sounds are nice, and for the most part, the textures and modeling are a home run. There are some very minor quality issues, and there's still a few rough edges, but I am sure they will address them as time goes on.

Between the relatively obscure FMC, the realistic external FDE, and being a turboprop, this is definitely the most challenging "tube" I've flown in FS. Going to provide many hours of fun!

Can't wait till we've got shared cockpit capability!
    Kiwi
    I'm looking at this...Kinda...Just not a whole lot pic's running around of the "Whole Plane"...any chance you guys that have it can show us what it looks like on a everyday system? Inside and out?
    And with some things I've been reading around the forums...there are some issues.
    A lot of money for me to shell out right now and I just need to make sure I don't make any more bad expensive choice's!

Here are a few pictures of this excellent aircraft

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Nice Tim....Cockpit shots make more enticing!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Great pics Tim! Impressive...

I am trying to learn this thing. Taking a few flights. Just found out how to ground steer it via joy stick 'aileron input'. sigh....

So much to learn in this plane.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

The MJC Q400 has an external FDE which allows amazing performance in FSX. It will fly through overcast from Opus with visible icing effects over FTX England all day at the set 30 fps. The FMS is very quirky and nothing much like the Boeing or Airbus concept. It is more hands, even in the cruise. As in real life, the rudder needs to be trimmed during all stages of flight, even with the autopilot on. You will need varying degrees of right rudder trim to keep wings level, given the amount of torque from the propellers (they both spin the same direction) and such. Landing is fun, as you need to keep the power on all the way to the runway. Cutting to idle to flare too early will slow her down and you fall like a brick to the ground. Great turboprop simulation with a spot on sound sim. She sounds just like I remember it when taxiing, with the propellers in beta.

This is great already. There are a few issues which are being dealt with. Check out the MJC forum to keep track. For me, not one of the issues has been a showstopper so far.

For me a clear recommendation. If you are on the fence, you might want to wait for an official review, but the vast number of great YT videos on the plane in a short space of time bear witness.

I have completed four or five 90 minute runs in it and already love it. It is certainly not a "take off, switch on George and forget" plane...

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

If you have a spare old USB joystick, you can set it up as a tiller, assigning the spoiler axis to one of the joystick axes (I use the rudder twist). Gives me a totally separate ground steering element. Not even the NGX gives me this I believe.

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by alehead View Post
    If you have a spare old USB joystick, you can set it up as a tiller, assigning the spoiler axis to one of the joystick axes (I use the rudder twist). Gives me a totally separate ground steering element. Not even the NGX gives me this I believe.
    That's a great idea, except my rudder twist is already unused as I have pedals, thanks

This is a wonderful model, love the sounds especially while taxying and framerates are outstanding despite the detail, I can only assume the FSX engine is really holding things back for other models given the fidelity of this one.

WOW!.....I went and done bought this here plane....My biggest question...and to me the most important...Is why does this thing run so dagum smooth?
    This plane should be a new bench mark for all others to follow!
    I don't know how you guys did it....but you have one extremely happy customer!

It's so smooth because its basically only using FSX as a scenery generator. The flight model is completely external to FSX. This causes some problems with some addons and virtual airlines, etc, since they are looking at FSX for info on the plane and its not there. It does show how limiting FSX can be for certain types of aircraft and what can be done outside of it.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    It's so smooth because its basically only using FSX as a scenery generator. The flight model is completely external to FSX. This causes some problems with some addons and virtual airlines, etc, since they are looking at FSX for info on the plane and its not there. It does show how limiting FSX can be for certain types of aircraft and what can be done outside of it.

Thats amazing news.... Thanks Griphos.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    No words for this one

I can think of few...Mayday...Mayday...Or Oh crap...
    Or Great shot!

This one looks incredible. I use to be a cold n dark systems junkie but as good as she looks I just know I would rarely fly it. I still buy the high end addons because that usually means the fm,soundset and graphics are top notch. I am now an cnt-e start up kinda guy and usually hack in a gps.Thats kinda sinfull on a plane like this but I just no longer can sit for the time it takes to properly learn how to operate and fly a systems heavy plane like this one.
    Show me how to get this thing up and running easily and now to install a basic autopilot and I will buy it.

BTW- Looking at the pics I bet that rear bottom fuse gets good and scratched up. Man thats one long awkward looking plane.

Although this baby has some glitches that need sorting, it's clearly been a major breakthrough in FSX coding. The only thing I REALLY don't like, is that it only has a form of locked spot external view - no smooth FSX flow view. I understand Majestic are working on the 'glitches', and once done, this really will be an amazing piece of kit. Well done Majestic!
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Although this baby has some glitches that need sorting, it's clearly been a major breakthrough in FSX coding. The only thing I REALLY don't like, is that it only has a form of locked spot external view - no smooth FSX flow view. I understand Majestic are working on the 'glitches', and once done, this really will be an amazing piece of kit. Well done Majestic!
    That's interesting about the "locked spot" view. I only use "Gradual transition" in spot view and can't get on with the locked "aeroplane on a stick" view. I was thinking I'd get this aircraft when I build my next pc but if locked spot is the only option then I will have to pass.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

You can easily add the spot view (to any aircraft) yourself.
    Copy the spot view entry from

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ca meras.cfg

It is [CameraDefinition.003]

and paste it into
    FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\aircraft.cfg at the end of the

[CameraDefinition.9] entry
    and rename it to
    [CameraDefinition.10]
    Save your changes.

I actually prefer the "aircraft on a stick" and have removed the spot view
    from FSX altogether. Each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    You can easily add the spot view (to any aircraft) yourself.
    Copy the spot view entry from

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ca meras.cfg

It is [CameraDefinition.003]

and paste it into
    FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\aircraft.cfg at the end of the

[CameraDefinition.9] entry
    and rename it to
    [CameraDefinition.10]
    Save your changes.

I actually prefer the "aircraft on a stick" and have removed the spot view
    from FSX altogether. Each to their own
    Although I haven't yet tried, I'm pretty sure - almost certain in fact, this cannot done on this model.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

I try not to post misleading or incorrect information.
    In order to avoid this, I tried the edit before I posted and it
    does indeed work.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post

WOW, great shot!

Are you using ENB Series or SweetFX? If so, what are your settings? Looks amazing.
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

New in V1.006

The changes from the previous 1.005 version are grouped in the following categories:
    FDE
    + aircraft.cfg: updated gear positions for smoother repositions
    + Writing Vertical Speed for compatibility with other 3rd party addons
    + mjc84.ini: Power Levers set for 0 position at DISC to enable the Reverse, using F2 button

SYSTEMS
    + Secondary bus will be powered by the APU
    + Sound: modified for Windows8 usage
    + Nav: Fixed the DME antenna position
    + VHFs: Fixed the COM range to include 136.XXX

FMS
    + NavManager: Fixed Heading to Altitude procedural navigation
    + NavManager: Fixed Course to Altitude procedural navigation
    + NavManager: Fixed Course from Fix to Altitude procedural navigation
    + TERMINAL navigation: leg termination threshold is now 1.0 nm

MODEL

+ Included the wing and propeller views in the Virtual Cockpit

EFIS

+ Fixed the incorrect inverse text output

OTHER

+ Fixed the un-installer

@Ark, In this shot I'm using ENB, and settings I found called "24hr" but I can't remember for the life of me where I downloaded from. However if you PM me I can set you up with the files.

Thanks Jeansy, I just got that email. I've never purchased anything from Just Flight until the Q400, and if this is part of their customer service, I'm very impressed. Glad to see that the "F2" reverse is now incorporated!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

for the people who may be struggling with the systems and or would like to know how

i know the first one has happened, but theres another and theres some news coming out about something soon

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...q400-training/

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    for the people who may be struggling with the systems and or would like to know how

i know the first one has happened, but theres another and theres some news coming out about something soon

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...q400-training/
    Thanks for the HU jeansy. I have RW experience with the Canadian North Q100's but this Q400 is a different animal for sure. I am interested especially after someone painted a Air Greenland for the new Dash.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 35