Cloud Info Link and a question

Thread: Cloud Info Link and a question

Cloud Info Link and a question

For those of us who don't remember our 11th grade earth science, I found a PDF file that will help in determining what type of clouds and altitudes are appropriate for area and time of year.
    http://nenes.eas.gatech.edu/Cloud/Clouds.pdf

The question I have is this: Can different weather be set in MB for different regions? For instance, seems like if you take off from England in damp rainy weather it should not follow you to the heart of Germany. The weather that far away might be clear. Any ideas?

Sorry, no. When building a mission the weather will be the same everywhere throughout the mission. You can artificially change it using the CFO Weather utility. When you get near your destination, hit alt and open the cfo tab and change the weather or illumination to whatever you want.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I didn't really think it was possible but there's always hope LOL. I'll just use something down the middle for the whole TO.
    thanks SW

FSMetars is your friend.

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/fsmetar/

It uses FSUIPC to communicate with CFS 2, so weather will change as you fly into a new metar area. The transitions are reasonably smooth, & IMHO it greatly increases the immersion factor.

and, you don't need to fly connected to the web. It has the ability to read previously downloaded metars, so once you've saved one you can load it & go fly, & the weather will change as you move from one metars reporting area to another - of course you can't be completely sure how it will change ... but if you can learn to understand the text code used, I guess it should be possible to create a metars file to load to get you the weather changes you desire

(hmm - interesting, creating missions with customised weather changes:isadizzy

Amen Brother!

FSMETAR rocks - greatly enhances immersion.
    Best Regards,
    Ghostrider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick question gentleman, will the latest version 1.5.5. work with CFS2 or is it an earlier version? The reason I ask is due to having recently been through a forced reformat thanks to viruses and apparent trojans missed by McAfee and other programs I use for this very purpose and subsequently lost a few CFS2 installs including FSX. I've never used this program and believe me I'd hate to make a mistake and force another deletion to fix something that I had inadvertinely caused myself. I'm running Vista 64 bit. Thanks for any help.

:USA-flag:

1.5.5beta works fine with old XP.

Not sure about 64 bit systems, but a quick google suggests it'll work, just avoid installing in your (x86)programs file - the newer OS doesn't like all this writing back to the programs folder that older progs do. You fake it by installing them outside the default program folder(s).

I can confirm that 1.55b works on my Win7/64 system like a champ. Nary a hiccup. On both Home, and recently, Professional versions.
    Best Regards,
    Ghostrider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UncleTgt and Ghostrider

Much obliged to you both for the reply and the guidance gentleman. I've had a time with Vista 64 and corruption and after two days I fixed it all and for good with a reformat. I did back up everything daily anyway so my losses were at most minimal if at all. Now my pc is lean, mean and clean again. Looking forward to building a few new CFS2 installs...but this time I think I'll keep all the sims and associated programs outside the Programs(x86) file as I have read here at SOH numerous times and a few other sites (including FSX). UAC is of course turned off, in fact, it was the first alleged MS "protection" I turned off.

Thank you again gentleman,

S~ P14

:USA-flag:

Library Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    I can confirm that 1.55b works on my Win7/64 system like a champ. Nary a hiccup. On both Home, and recently, Professional versions.
    Hi Ghostrider,

Which version of FSUIPC do you use?

Thanks,

Kevin

My virus checker won't allow d/l of FSMETAR. I currently use Comodo. See review and various ones tested here HINT the MS one didn't do very well. :salute: Scoot along to 12.20 for the MS effort.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'm going to give FSMetars a test run.

Members who have read this thread: 0