Face / Headtracking

Thread: Face / Headtracking

Blog Entries

Face / Headtracking

This has been discussed a few times over the years but I can't find the threads.

Has anyone ever got face or headtracking to work in cfs3? I have a webcam and have installed FacetrackNOIR but it doesn't do anything and the instuctions on it's use with games are minimal.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Tracker ir5

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    This has been discussed a few times over the years but I can't find the threads.

Has anyone ever got face or headtracking to work in cfs3? I have a webcam and have installed FacetrackNOIR but it doesn't do anything and the instuctions on it's use with games are minimal.
    Yes I Have one & it worked with CFS3, ETO, DPC, MTO & PTO but not your BOB install !I am reinstalling all coz of hard disc crash so will let you know if I am second time lucky with BOB:salute:

I have Trackir and it works well on all of the CFS3 games versions.

Blog Entries
    Yes I Have one & it worked with CFS3, ETO, DPC, MTO & PTO but not your BOB install !I am reinstalling all coz of hard disc crash so will let you know if I am second time lucky with BOB:salute:
    Thanks Tony, I can't afford TrackIR so am looking at alternatives, any info, tips or tweaks welcome! There's no reason why it shouldn't work with BoB though.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

TrackIR alternatives CFS3 - Working

Hi all,

This is my first post here although I've been lurking here for some years. Excuse me for choosing to bump a 7 year old topic as an intro!
    anyways: I recently got my trusty ol' CFS3 converted to the mighty ETO expansion pack.
    I decided to go for a headtracking device too after I saw some vids on it and thought it would look awesome on CFS3.

I got a delanclip copy and tried it at first with opentrack but couldn't get it to move a pixel.
    Next I tried Facetracknoir and after some tinkering it worked and pretty good too!!
    The trick is that you need the file TIRviews.dll which comes with the TrackIR software.
    Which you can download from naturalpoint site. Install that (yeah, stupid) get the DLL out and uninstall it.
    Place the DLL in the main directory of Facetracknoir and setup like this:
    Tracker: Pointtracker 1.1
    Filter: Accela Filter Mk2
    Game Protocol: FreeTrack 2.1

You might wanna invert yaw, pitch and roll (I had to)
    Then tune the axis curves to what feels natural to you and you're got to go!

Imagine my euphory!
    So next I ran ETO and guess what? Nuffin' happened.....
    What is the difference between CFS3 and ETO? Apart from the obvious ofcourse... Under the hood it's basically the same engine...

Perhaps there something in the key mapping that's different?

I know in TrackIR there's a key that temporarily disables the tracking (F9), and if that is mapped in game to something you commonly use it will turn off the tracking.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I tried Hat Track but couldn't get it to work. My boys bought me Track IR and it works great!

Freetrack worked the best for me, used with a ms lifecam vx-2000 and old nokia cellphone led flashlight strapped to the peak of a baseball cap.
    Set the camera image brightness so that you only see the flashlight.
    tirviews.dll must go in freetrack folder and select fs2004 profile.

http://www.free-track.net/english/fr...chargement.php