A Hop, Skip and a Whoa!.....

Thread: A Hop, Skip and a Whoa!.....

A Hop, Skip and a Whoa!.....

good news folks a new desktop has been purchased... it's a bit of a powerhouse, will be built and delivered hopefully this week, but here's the basic spec;

Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Special Edition White
    Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 Gold Modular 1050W
    Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5Ghz
    Overclocking: None
    Processor Cooler: Corsair H80 Water Cooling System
    RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz/PC12800
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
    Graphics card: 2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB in SLI
    Hard Drive: Corsair 120GB SSD Solid State Drive Force3
    2nd Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive 7200rpm 32MB Cache
    3rd Hard Drive: None
    RAID: None
    Sound card: Creative SoundBlaster Recon 3D Professional
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

so.... i guess it's going to be all hands to the pump to up the game a bit more here soon, but i already am making ground on non-bare metal/photoreal paintkit for the Section F8 Sabre

What a beast of a machine!!! Will slice thru textures like a hot knife thru butter!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Are going to stick with FS9 or move across to FSX or P3D, that is a powerhouse of a PC and will comfortably run a medium sized nations GDP.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Fantastic News Matt!
    I can vouch for the GTX 660, I only purchased one a few weeks ago. But Two? Sounds awesome together with the i7 processor and very fast 32 Gig RAM...!
    Congratulations! I'm jealous... :-)

Sounds like a great computer to me!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Nice box Matt, you won't know yourself!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

i'm actually looking forwards to having a high-end rig... and finally seeing traffic in FS9..... and performance increase.... and rest assure i will not defect to the dark side entirely, FS9 is still my home :salute:

and just another purchase... a Wacom Cintiq to assist with the repaint work and my business... folks... hold on to your hats.... i'm coming back with a bang!

already working on a new list of paintkits to make also

and just another purchase... a Wacom Cintiq to assist with the repaint
    im going to google that, cause i hav'nt a clue what one is
    its a great sound rig Matt, when you get to run FS9 with the sliders on max, i'tll feel like FSX anyway, ive been there and it feels real good.
    cheers ian

Congrats mate! Sounds awesome.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    im going to google that, cause i hav'nt a clue what one is
    its a great sound rig Matt, when you get to run FS9 with the sliders on max, i'tll feel like FSX anyway, ive been there and it feels real good.
    cheers ian
    the Cintiq, Ian, is an LCD Graphics Tablet, basically the one i've ordered is an older one, it's a 15" display and being an LCD you can see photoshop on that and use it as your standard graphics tablet while you can see what you're doing instead of having to adapt your hand/eye co-ordination to look at monitor while you draw on graphics tablet (mines off to my right) :salute:

and Cheers Maarten, looking forwards to helping the community out more....

Try undocking and moving your GPS and radio popups over to the Wacom - then use the pen to work the switches and buttons. It might make things easier.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Tom, thats a fantastic idea! :salute:

well as my new PC is under construction i'm finishing a few paints i have on my laptop before my laptop becomes my business machine... so i guess it's an FS Swansong for my laptop...

Attachment 84837
    everyone seems to know who flew this particular P-51D for a while, so all i'll say is "Gentlemen.... You have a race!"... this and the Bardahl special will be the racer schemes to finish, then i can finish an RAF variant, and do my usual 'WhIf?' paint... for this time period it'd be a Royal Hellenic Air Force variant....

ok... now i can say it.... "Gentlemen, You have a race!"

Attachment 84843

.... Onto the white 'Bardahl special' scheme... anyone got any images of the registration as it was a custom one... N2869D

how does this look to everyone? got to make a few changes to the colour but apart from that i think it's pretty much there (EDIT: Border on reg nr. made narrower)

Attachment 84857

muuuuuuuuch better!

Attachment 84866

onto some RAF examples (Mustang IV's).....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    good news folks a new desktop has been purchased... it's a bit of a powerhouse, will be built and delivered hopefully this week, but here's the basic spec;

Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Special Edition White
    Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 Gold Modular 1050W
    Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5Ghz
    Overclocking: None
    Processor Cooler: Corsair H80 Water Cooling System
    RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz/PC12800
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
    Graphics card: 2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB in SLI
    Hard Drive: Corsair 120GB SSD Solid State Drive Force3
    2nd Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive 7200rpm 32MB Cache
    3rd Hard Drive: None
    RAID: None
    Sound card: Creative SoundBlaster Recon 3D Professional
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

so.... i guess it's going to be all hands to the pump to up the game a bit more here soon, but i already am making ground on non-bare metal/photoreal paintkit for the Section F8 Sabre

IMHO, That thing SCREAMS out to be overclocked! I've got a humble i7 2600K overclocked to 4.8 Ghz which is just what you need to run FSX, so you can't imagine what it will do to FS9 with all the sliders maxed out and traffic at 100%!

Your rig won't even feel it's there!

well new PC should arrive next week so until then i'm flying my Aeroplane Heaven/Justflight Spitfire twin-tub up from Seattle to Alaska, across the Bering Straits into Russia then home to Greece, a fitting swansong journey for this laptop which has served as the 'stopgap'... i'm on the SoH Server so if you're in my path feel free to join in the cruise (Unfortunately it's 100% hand flying for me (Well in Current weather over Northern Washington it is... no point trimming for level in a lightweight Spitfire in this weather just headed for first Refuel, likely at Comox with alternate at Vancouver (en-route so i can assess fuel load and decide whether i need to climb or decrease throttle and pitch slightly to make Comox, if neither, there it is...):salute:

so it's BYOC (Bring Your Own Cruiser), and BYOB :ernae: