MDLC Question for FS98 models

Thread: MDLC Question for FS98 models

Question MDLC Question for FS98 models

Just thought I'd ask: Is there a way to get Ivan's MDLC to de-compile an Abascus FS98 model to scasm correctly?

The scasm code from these models always states a bunch of missing Opcodes, and the Variable Table used by DICT_SECTION is not present in the scasm either. The compilation of this de-compiled model scasm results in a variety of visual model abnormalities.

Gnoopey B-29 Update
    ---------------------
    The scasm edit of the Gnoopey FS2004 B-29 Silverplate (I'm doing for CFS2) is coming along nicely....although slowly and meticulously. I got the exterior shell to the bay tunnel about all done. I am re-arranging the code in the scasm in an order to edit in more multires for good multi-plane frame rates. Also the model's tail gun turret is mapped to a fuselage bitmap, not good if using a black underside on the fuselage so the rear turret is going to get its own bitmap. The only other thing is the FS2004 props, the current CFS2 prop bitmap would need to be modified. What I prefer to do is change the model's prop code to use the (unchanged) CFS2 prop bitmap, but I'll have to see if changing the prop code will be feasible.

Scasm construction pics....
    1) New Tunnel Wall Exterior (scasm build) - 2) CFS2 Prop BMP (not good)
    3) FS2004 Tunnel had no exterior wall because it is not visible with bay fuel tanks that are now removed for CFS2 bombs. - 4) FS2004 Prop BMP (okay)

Hi O,
    Re-Fs98 MDLC
    Unfortunately, Fs98 ac were made with FSDS 1.0 (patched to 1.6), and did not have any animation in-built to the design, they had to be added using a separate prog called Aircraft Animator. These did not have the same ani definitions that the later FSDS 2.0 (patched to 2.24) had animations built into the prog, and Ivan's MDLC was designed to use the DICT section and ani's from FS9 (made with Gmax /FSDS2.0), which with a bit of tweaking, as you know, is used for CFS2 conversion ani's.

You can try and mod the MDLC.ini file so that it swaps a FS98 ani for an Fs9 ani, but the DICTguid section you would have to manually add yourself, and it becomes a nightmare!!!

What ac are you trying to decompile, and what do you want from it?

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Oglivie View Post
    Just thought I'd ask: Is there a way to get Ivan's MDLC to de-compile an Abascus FS98 model to scasm correctly?

The scasm code from these models always states a bunch of missing Opcodes, and the Variable Table used by DICT_SECTION is not present in the scasm either. The compilation of this de-compiled model scasm results in a variety of visual model abnormalities.

Gnoopey B-29 Update
    ---------------------
    The scasm edit of the Gnoopey FS2004 B-29 Silverplate (I'm doing for CFS2) is coming along nicely....although slowly and meticulously. I got the exterior shell to the bay tunnel about all done. I am re-arranging the code in the scasm in an order to edit in more multires for good multi-plane frame rates. Also the model's tail gun turret is mapped to a fuselage bitmap, not good if using a black underside on the fuselage so the rear turret is going to get its own bitmap. The only other thing is the FS2004 props, the current CFS2 prop bitmap would need to be modified. What I prefer to do is change the model's prop code to use the (unchanged) CFS2 prop bitmap, but I'll have to see if changing the prop code will be feasible.

I believe its this one. but could be wrong.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Hi Shessi,

Thanks for response and info. I had several 98 models that I had to give up on due to the above mentioned problem. I had (somewhat of) a request for scasming the DAG Ta152H to improve its features, but I have no exact details about what improvements I was going to make to it. Another failed attempt at MDLC scasm is the Alpha B-17 to correct the engine numbering, which is (well..lol) backward.

The B-29 scasm is fine, although it is time consuming due to the detail of the model construction, and the way some parts are present in the scasm code. It is interesting though and am making progress. As far as the prop I mentioned earlier, I was thinking it easier to put an FS2004 prop texture in the new bitmap being made for the tail gun turret, and change the model props in the code to the new bitmap. The CFS2 prop texture is currently in a bitmap that includes the engine and nacelle textures so adding the FS2004 prop texture to a new bitmap will work out better.

Cheers, O

Members who have read this thread: 0