RFN Charles De Gaulle Aircraft Carrier Out !
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RFN Charles De Gaulle Aircraft Carrier Out !

RFN Charles De Gaulle Aircraft Carrier Out !

Just released today at their website ! Mike

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-1-CDG-FR.htm

Wow !!!
    It looks fantastic. The 3D model seems excellent of course, but what I really love is the textures, they really did a good job on this ! :ernae:
    Thanks for the notification FlyBoy

Well-done Flyboy208!!
    You're the very first who notice the release!!

Attachment 84495

We released also a new version of our Gauge for NavOps (v4.0):
    Attachment 84496
    Enjoy!

Regards,
    Sylvain

Merci' Sylvain to you and your RFN Team for this gift, look forward to some Etendard aviating tonight ! Mike :salute:

Tres magnifique
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Hells Bells , that dose look smart ! <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Just did a few traps ... what a wonderful recreation of the CDG ! Fantastic job RFN Team !!! Mike

Magnifique! Merci beacoup RFN.

:salute: Salute you, sir. Thank you very much for this gorgeous lady of France

Greeting from Thailand, sir.

RFN for this great package, I thank you:salute::salute:.

Wow me thinks this sets a new standard for naval opps. Great functionality Nice animations! Thanks RFN team!!!
    Anneke

GREAT work, guys! Congratulations!
    It makes me wish to have the time to do our Cavour...

En un mot: Superbe!

Thank you RFN. ...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

Thank you to the ROYALE FRENCH NAVY Team, stunning work again
    :ernae: (prefer glasses of wine, but not available for now,maybe one day...)
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

Fantastic Sylvain ! Congrats to your team, this ship is awesome!

Cheers,
    Hank

Blog Entries

RFN TACAN Gauge 4.0 seems n/s ....

First, the boat is awesome - what else need I say that hasn't already been said? Superb detail, zero - and I mean zero FPS impact - how you do it is pure alchemy - simply awesome.

In case someone missed it, the Clem and Foch have been updated in early 2013 - now with a more period-appropriate Allouette III plane guard helo - this, together with some fresh tweaks, renders a superb 70s Aeronavale boat. The positioning of the helo seems a bit weird - it sits atop the bow at the end of the catapult track - I'll just have to review the placement coordinates of the helo - not a big thing to fix.

Also, as Sylvain pointed out, there's a new RFN Tacan gauge v4 out. I had v3 working just fine before, so I added this one - now I've lost all my meatballs (:mixedsmi and the gauge, while it shows up, doesn't work (doesn't pick up the carriers, indication messages, etc don't work).

Anyone else find this? I simply installed the gauges, effects, etc right into their respective FSX folders, as I had done with the original version. Any help would be great - as I really enjoyed the V3 gauge, and it appears I'm missing out on some of the features of the CdG, too. Most importantly, I miss my meatballs!

Again, the RFN team blew this out of the park - simply stunning!

Best,

DL

Quite nice indeed, first arrested landing with the trusty Stoof. T

I have never installed anything like this yet and the boats I have installed in the past went into the airplane folder, so how do I find this and use it?

Hi Guys, and many thanks for the kind comments!

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    ...Also, as Sylvain pointed out, there's a new RFN Tacan gauge v4 out. I had v3 working just fine before, so I added this one - now I've lost all my meatballs (:mixedsmi and the gauge, while it shows up, doesn't work (doesn't pick up the carriers, indication messages, etc don't work).
    Basically, the V3.0 and 4.0 have the same pre-requires. Check if text is showing up when changing nav frequency. If not, check then your panel.cfg file => did you copy past the entries from the doc ? Note that some new names are used with V4.0 and also parameters are now needed. If the text is OK, then the gauge is running so check that you had well copy-pasted the 2 xml files (1 for carriers, 1 for feature configurations) => it's a change from the v3.0...
    Let me know if you still have issue...

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    I have never installed anything like this yet and the boats I have installed in the past went into the airplane folder, so how do I find this and use it?
    Well, AI boats like this carrier need to be inserted into your session using FSX AI trafic engine (like every other type of AI objects) thanks to compiled traffic file (traffic .bgl file) or using addon program which the most well known is AICarrier2. In the documentation we wrote some comments on both solutions but you will find easily some more information in this forum for instance.

Regards,
    Sylvain

Bravo les gars !
    Je suis sans voix. Quel boulot formidable!
    merci mille fois

Looks great! Can't wait to give it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    After unzipping the download copy the files of the "Effects" folder to FSX/Effects. Overwrite when prompted. Then copy the "VEH_Charles_de_Gaulle" folder to FSX/SimObjects/Boats.

In the "Options" folder are the parts you need for use with AiCarriers or to add Traffic files. Explained on page 4 of the manual. You can get Lamont Clark's AiCarriers (highly recommended) here: http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/software.html

I helped proof the English manual before it went out (I know, I see I missed a couple things and I forgot to sneak my name into the manual ) so I tested it all out. Some of the animations do require use of the RFN TACAN Carrier Gauge v4.0. And for folks using previous versions of the gauge, some frequencies have been changed in the "RFN_carriers.xml" file in the "Gauges" folder (the file was named "carriers.xml" in previous versions).

Hope this helps.
    :ernae:

Thanks, got it now What easy and fairly slow freeware plane would you recommend for some practice?

Members who have read this thread: 0