Western Roundup: Official Entries

Thread: Western Roundup: Official Entries

Hybrid View

Western Roundup: Official Entries

Please post your race entries in this thread. An example would be "Moses03 is flying the Bronze Class Carenado Cessna 337D on the Low Course".

Also, you are encouraged to attach a screenshot of your intended aircraft. Makes for good hangar talk.

Thanks,

The Spring Event Team
    Paul Beaudoin, Jim Doner, Mike MacKuen, Willy McCoy, and Kevin Moore,
    with Rob Ibey, Rob Osborne, Jeff Williams and Nick Wood.

Heck, I'll go first

Willy; Beechcraft Bonanza V35; Carenado; FS9; Silver Class on the Low Course; FSrealWX Lite; Veteran.

I decided to go with the Bonanza as I flew it in the Cape to Cape event and had a blast in it. Why not go for twice? Besides, going around mountains is much more fun than simply going over them.

And here's a couple of screenshots, to make Moses happy
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Ok, here goes... "Moses03 is flying the Bronze Class Carenado Cessna 337D on the Low Course".

Oh wait.

PRB is flying the Silver Class MILVIZ Cessna 310 on the Low Course.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

teson1 is flying the Silver Class Siai Marchetti SF.260 on the Low Course.

Thanks for designing an event that allows me to fly my precious !

SOH-CM-2017

Icon5 Centurion II (CT210M) - Low - Silver

I have decided to fly the Cessna Centurion II in the Silver Class - Low Course. A classic high wing Cessna single.
    Jeff
    "Providence Permittin"

Howdy,:costum:

Going to be a little different than the above post. Gold Class, Aero Commander 680 by Mr. Shupe. Flying the high course.

Twin engines, hehe, with this bird I can make bigger holes in the mountians and the runways

Jim.

I'll be the first "rookie", flying the Bronze Class Mooney M20J on the Low Course. Hopefully I won't need to use the 'rookie mulligan'
    Attachment 84614

Patrick Aiken
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Western Roundup

Newbie to events, TVA003 will fly the low course in the Silver class Milviz B55 Baron. Not new to FS.

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    I'll be the first "rookie", flying the Bronze Class Mooney M20J on the Low Course. Hopefully I won't need to use the 'rookie mulligan'
    Attachment 84614

Patrick Aiken

Awesome Patrick,

Ask away if you need anything .... really glad to see new pilots out here.

Remember the only "dumb" question is the one you didn't ask.

Catch ya soon and good luck,
    salt_air

I have 4 flights to go, but due to RW obligations will only be able to finish 6/2 earliest, 6/5 latest.
    But I don't want to keep people waiting, so NP if you close the race if this is too late.
    I'll finish the flights anyway. Too nice scenery and challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by teson1 View Post
    teson1 is flying the Silver Class Siai Marchetti SF.260 on the Low Course.

Thanks for designing an event that allows me to fly my precious !
    ASV6.5 for weather.

Hello!

I just saw this race and wanted to know if it is possible to make it with the P51 of A2A? The civil one!
    I think you already (the web group team) participated in the anual race around the world and was included, so all data needed wouln't be necesary to make again maybe? But I don't see the plane in the list of possible planes to choose.

I am running in the Niska bush race and it is fun. Have an little issue with the real-wx in yellow, that never let me change to green (and I did everything in 3 days testings and reading but nothing). The flights are green-validated at the end.. and use OpusFSX for real time weather.

Please tell me if it is possible to run with the A2A P51 civil.

Thanks!

Hi Japo32. Welcome to the Western Roundup, and the Sim-Outhouse! For this event, we're going for more of a "GA feel", as it were. This is why the "white list" looks as it does. So, no P-51s, sorry!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

A chance to fly one of my favorite planes to some of my favorite places (like Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, and Canyonlands)? Yes and yes!

Red Green will enter the Eric Dantes Beechcraft Twin Bonanza in the Silver Class on the Low Course using default FS2004 weather.

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Hi Japo32. Welcome to the Western Roundup, and the Sim-Outhouse! For this event, we're going for more of a "GA feel", as it were. This is why the "white list" looks as it does. So, no P-51s, sorry!
    ahhh shame! Well.. I can join maybe with the Lancair Legacy, good plane, but not with the failure system of the P51. A shame.. but ok...
    I have to choose the High way.
    For the weather... OpusFSX.

Cool

I'll try to run 3 entries .... probably complete one before I start another.

Yes I am a maniac, but after this it's (past) time for a new HDD (or two) and a ton-o-reinstalls, so I'll going to get as much flying in as I can before that siege begins.

In no particular order:

salt_air; Cessna T310L; Dreamfleet/F1; FS9; Gold Class on the High Course; MSFS real weather (Jeppesen); Veteran.

salt_air; Mooney Bravo; MSFS; FS9; Silver Class on the Low Course; MSFS real weather (Jeppesen); Veteran.

salt_air; Cessna 177 Cardinal RG; Dreamfleet/F1; FS9; Bronze Class on the Low Course; MSFS real weather (Jeppesen); Veteran.

Thanks for the invitation .... this will be one of the better events of this year.

Good Luck everyone!
    salt_air

Hi Mike (N3306TX)

We have data (thanks to Rob Osborne) on the Carenado B58 which qualify it as a "Silver Class" entry. Please let us know if these numbers are about right.

And welcome, Austin (salt_air).

--M

For everyone's information, here is what we have for the Carenado B58 in FSX:

Altitude Speed PPH
    6,000 197 208
    10,000 190 169
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MM View Post
    Hi Mike (N3306TX)

We have data (thanks to Rob Osborne) on the Carenado B58 which qualify it as a "Silver Class" entry. Please let us know if these numbers are about right.
    Hi Mike.
    The numbers are close to Rob's findings. More details can be found in the document I attached in previous post.

Alt AMSL(ft) TAS (kts) Fuel burn(PPH)
    6000 194 213
    10000 188 174
    18000 166 101
    N3306TX

Members who have read this thread: 0