Western Roundup: Official Entries - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Western Roundup: Official Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    :salute:Wow! Welcome to all the new folks glad to see you all aboard. Hey Maddog, glad to see you again!
    It's nice to be back among the non-lurkers again. Am still rebuilding after a HDD failure a few months ago so I've still not quite recovered my competitive instincts nor all my nice little planes and stuff.

I'd offer to carry the beer but my little buggy barely has back seats, but I'll try to make a good showing against the turbo entries.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

I shall join Klas in flying the RealAir Lancair Legacy (Gold Class) on the High Course. Flying FSX with Active Sky Evolution for weather.
    -Mike

Hey Guys,
    I am entering as a Trekkie...er..'rookie' with the RV Queen (Baytower RV-7 with Accu-feel v2) in the Silver class. I am using Opus Weather. Good luck to everyone.

Cheers
    TJ

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I forgot to add what wx I would be using too. I've installed FSrealWX lite and if I can figure out how to use it, I'll give it a shot. If not, then back to default Real Wx.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I will be flying the Realair Lancair Legacy in the Gold Class on the High Route, using FSX and as long as it checks out ok between now and the start, FSrealWXlite for the weather.

Attachment 84905

Looks like it should be an interesting little "competition within the competition" among the three Legacies!

Quote Originally Posted by teson1 View Post
    teson1 is flying the Silver Class Siai Marchetti SF.260 on the Low Course.

Thanks for designing an event that allows me to fly my precious !
    ASV6.5 for weather.

Hello!

I just saw this race and wanted to know if it is possible to make it with the P51 of A2A? The civil one!
    I think you already (the web group team) participated in the anual race around the world and was included, so all data needed wouln't be necesary to make again maybe? But I don't see the plane in the list of possible planes to choose.

I am running in the Niska bush race and it is fun. Have an little issue with the real-wx in yellow, that never let me change to green (and I did everything in 3 days testings and reading but nothing). The flights are green-validated at the end.. and use OpusFSX for real time weather.

Please tell me if it is possible to run with the A2A P51 civil.

Thanks!

Hi Japo32. Welcome to the Western Roundup, and the Sim-Outhouse! For this event, we're going for more of a "GA feel", as it were. This is why the "white list" looks as it does. So, no P-51s, sorry!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

A chance to fly one of my favorite planes to some of my favorite places (like Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, and Canyonlands)? Yes and yes!

Red Green will enter the Eric Dantes Beechcraft Twin Bonanza in the Silver Class on the Low Course using default FS2004 weather.

That's a sweet looking ride, RG!
    HP Reverb G2

I will be joining too in the RealAir Lancair Legacy for FSX using Active Sky Evolution weather on the high course.

I dont think i need to post a pic of the plane since I'm not the only one flying it.

I guess I'm not a newbie so no rookie bonus for me. hahaha

Provided the wx data servers remain 'up' I'll be using activesky v6. If not I'll be falling back to stock fs9 'jep' wx but will report if I need to make the change.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Hi Japo32. Welcome to the Western Roundup, and the Sim-Outhouse! For this event, we're going for more of a "GA feel", as it were. This is why the "white list" looks as it does. So, no P-51s, sorry!
    ahhh shame! Well.. I can join maybe with the Lancair Legacy, good plane, but not with the failure system of the P51. A shame.. but ok...
    I have to choose the High way.
    For the weather... OpusFSX.

Icon5 Just about ready to go!

DCA996

Flying Brett Henderson's Bonanza P35 with Rex Essentials + Overdrive, FSX, Bronze low route.

My first event of this type. All squared away I beleive with the Duenna software. Just a couple of days to get familiar with the Bonanza and out of my comfort zone of the DC3.

Welcome to the Outhouse, DCA996, and to the Western Roundup!
    HP Reverb G2

Going to try the gold class Carenado C340II in FSX following the high route using FSXrealWXlite.. A total beginner cuz all I did was crash last spring in the "Cape to Cape" - Just kiddin. Attached is some numbers missing for the white sheet.

Roman

Attachment 85159

Attachment 85160

Berinsky ran the numbers and confirms the Carenado C340II as a Gold Class aircraft.

Welcome to the gang, Roman. Nice looking ship.

--M
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCharizma View Post
    I will be flying the RealAir Lancair Legacy for a Gold class High course run. I'll use REX for weather.
    Updating my weather engine to OpusFSX, I couldn't stand/make sense of REX's live weather interface...
    Klas
    Team AVSIM

N3306TX would like to fly the Carenado Baron B58 in FSX with REX weather engine on the low course.
    N3306TX

Welcome, N3306TX! Would you have the data needed for the Carenado Baron as that was an aircraft that we lacked and couldn't get the needed data?

Thanks in advance

Willy
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Cool

I'll try to run 3 entries .... probably complete one before I start another.

Yes I am a maniac, but after this it's (past) time for a new HDD (or two) and a ton-o-reinstalls, so I'll going to get as much flying in as I can before that siege begins.

In no particular order:

salt_air; Cessna T310L; Dreamfleet/F1; FS9; Gold Class on the High Course; MSFS real weather (Jeppesen); Veteran.

salt_air; Mooney Bravo; MSFS; FS9; Silver Class on the Low Course; MSFS real weather (Jeppesen); Veteran.

salt_air; Cessna 177 Cardinal RG; Dreamfleet/F1; FS9; Bronze Class on the Low Course; MSFS real weather (Jeppesen); Veteran.

Thanks for the invitation .... this will be one of the better events of this year.

Good Luck everyone!
    salt_air

Hi Mike (N3306TX)

We have data (thanks to Rob Osborne) on the Carenado B58 which qualify it as a "Silver Class" entry. Please let us know if these numbers are about right.

And welcome, Austin (salt_air).

--M

For everyone's information, here is what we have for the Carenado B58 in FSX:

Altitude Speed PPH
    6,000 197 208
    10,000 190 169
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Welcome, N3306TX! Would you have the data needed for the Carenado Baron as that was an aircraft that we lacked and couldn't get the needed data?

Thanks in advance

Willy
    I've attached the data you requested. Probably included more than you wanted. There was no critical altitude listed in the aircraft.cfg file.
    N3306TX

Quote Originally Posted by MM View Post
    Hi Mike (N3306TX)

We have data (thanks to Rob Osborne) on the Carenado B58 which qualify it as a "Silver Class" entry. Please let us know if these numbers are about right.
    Hi Mike.
    The numbers are close to Rob's findings. More details can be found in the document I attached in previous post.

Alt AMSL(ft) TAS (kts) Fuel burn(PPH)
    6000 194 213
    10000 188 174
    18000 166 101
    N3306TX

Western Roundup

My real-life schedule is chaotic as hell, but...

Howellerman, Beech Duke, Low course, REX, Rookie with a capital "R".

I have already learned a TON about flight programming/scheduling just from testing the first two legs, so this should be great fun! And real weather - who would have thought it rained in Seattle...

And as much as I love my RealAir Lancair, the RealAir Duke is a pretty sweet gas-guzzler in its own right.
    i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz (OC), 8GB DDR3 1600 memory, Windows 7. All home built.

Fast motorcycles, vintage cars, good bourbons, and alas, vintage cigars I had to give up...