Western Roundup: Official Entries
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Western Roundup: Official Entries

Western Roundup: Official Entries

Please post your race entries in this thread. An example would be "Moses03 is flying the Bronze Class Carenado Cessna 337D on the Low Course".

Also, you are encouraged to attach a screenshot of your intended aircraft. Makes for good hangar talk.

Thanks,

The Spring Event Team
    Paul Beaudoin, Jim Doner, Mike MacKuen, Willy McCoy, and Kevin Moore,
    with Rob Ibey, Rob Osborne, Jeff Williams and Nick Wood.

Heck, I'll go first

Willy; Beechcraft Bonanza V35; Carenado; FS9; Silver Class on the Low Course; FSrealWX Lite; Veteran.

I decided to go with the Bonanza as I flew it in the Cape to Cape event and had a blast in it. Why not go for twice? Besides, going around mountains is much more fun than simply going over them.

And here's a couple of screenshots, to make Moses happy
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Ok, here goes... "Moses03 is flying the Bronze Class Carenado Cessna 337D on the Low Course".

Oh wait.

PRB is flying the Silver Class MILVIZ Cessna 310 on the Low Course.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

teson1 is flying the Silver Class Siai Marchetti SF.260 on the Low Course.

Thanks for designing an event that allows me to fly my precious !

SOH-CM-2017

Icon5 Centurion II (CT210M) - Low - Silver

I have decided to fly the Cessna Centurion II in the Silver Class - Low Course. A classic high wing Cessna single.
    Jeff
    "Providence Permittin"

Howdy,:costum:

Going to be a little different than the above post. Gold Class, Aero Commander 680 by Mr. Shupe. Flying the high course.

Twin engines, hehe, with this bird I can make bigger holes in the mountians and the runways

Jim.

I'll be the first "rookie", flying the Bronze Class Mooney M20J on the Low Course. Hopefully I won't need to use the 'rookie mulligan'
    Attachment 84614

Patrick Aiken
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Western Roundup

Newbie to events, TVA003 will fly the low course in the Silver class Milviz B55 Baron. Not new to FS.

Welcome Patrick and TVA003. Great to see new pilots hanging around the event ramp.

I will be flying the Gold Class Lionheart Bellanca Viking (non-turbo), on the High Course.

Sort of has the same cadence as the old board game Clue. "Colonel Mustard in the study with the lead pipe".

I'll be flying the Gold-class RealAir Beech Duke B60 on the High Course. I'll take the high course, you take the low course, and I'll be in...erm...San Francisco before ye... :ernae:

Attachment 84656
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    I'll be the first "rookie", flying the Bronze Class Mooney M20J on the Low Course. Hopefully I won't need to use the 'rookie mulligan'
    Attachment 84614

Patrick Aiken

Awesome Patrick,

Ask away if you need anything .... really glad to see new pilots out here.

Remember the only "dumb" question is the one you didn't ask.

Catch ya soon and good luck,
    salt_air

I recon I'll meander the low course in the Eaglesoft twinky. Do I get an antique handicap ?
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Quote Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
    I recon I'll meander the low course in the Eaglesoft twinky. Do I get an antique handicap ?
    Depends upon your age! BTW, I live in Northbrook, IL. Grew up at KMDW!

As a rookie, I will be on the High Course, in the Gold Class piloting the Premier Air Designs Cessna 414A Blue N749W, FSX.
    I'm not sure if this is the correct aircraft, being there's no 'Cessna 414A' designation in the General Aviation Gold Class list, the listing there shows as 'Cessna 414'.

It's the one I'd like to use here for The Western Roundup. Here's where I got it: http://www.premaircraft.com/C414_FSX/index.html . The blue textures came from here.
    If this isn't the correct version it's no big deal, I can find something else to fly.

Attachment 84705Attachment 84706Attachment 84707

Either way, thanks for having me aboard, gents.

Steve

Iam entering in the Silver Class with the default FSX Mooney Bravo on the low course. Just needs some fine adjustments and a wash.

:salute:Wow! Welcome to all the new folks glad to see you all aboard. Hey Maddog, glad to see you again!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I would like to throw my hat into the ring for this one. But I have a couple of small problems. Firstly I only fly in P3D. As this programme at the moment does not have real weather I use Active Sky. Will it be ok to use that for the Roundup? Secondly at the moment I am waiting on a Department of Housing transfer and that could happen any time from the end of this month and July. Knowing the Department they will get me a house right in the middle of the Roundup which will mean I will have to withdraw part way through. Over the next couple of days I will select a level and aircraft once the weather thing is sorted.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Pat,

Active Sky is just fine, as would be the REX and Opus weather engines. Just be sure to use the "real weather" framework. (You don't get to choose the weather, Mother Nature does... It is important that the pilot can be surprised by changes in the weather. )

As to whether you are surprised and have to move in the middle of the event...well, life has its own ways of intervening. No worries.

We are using FS9 and FSX for the event because we are familiar with those programs. For P3D to be eligible, we would have to assume that P3D will be identical to FSX as far as flight dynamics are concerned. Would that assumption be justified?

Welcome to the Spring Event.
    Mike
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by flyon View Post
    As a rookie, I will be on the High Course, in the Gold Class piloting the Premier Air Designs Cessna 414A Blue N749W, FSX.
    Thanks for the weather heads-up info Mike :salute: In my declaration post I forgot to mention that I will be using REX real weather. I should have known better, being I never fly without it.

Quote Originally Posted by flyon View Post
    Thanks for the weather heads-up info Mike :salute: In my declaration post I forgot to mention that I will be using REX real weather. I should have known better, being I never fly without it.

Yep, seems a lot of us forgot to mention the weather engine (brain fart on my part). I'll be using the REX weather engine too. I made a quick practice flight today to familiarize myself with the duenna using REX from KBFI to KHQM. Lots of thunder and lightning for the first half of the flight, but it was nice and clear when I got to Bowerman.

Attachment 84720Attachment 84721
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MM View Post
    For P3D to be eligible, we would have to assume that P3D will be identical to FSX as far as flight dynamics are concerned. Would that assumption be justified?

Welcome to the Spring Event.
    Mike
    Mike, P3D is actually the FSX engine. The only difference I see between it and FSX is that it is a lot smoother and more stable. With FSX I could not fly with all sliders to the right. I had to adjust some to compensate for the excess torque and flight controls. With P3d I have all slider to the right and it flys great. Not sure if LM has changed the flight dynamics but aircraft port over from both FSX and FS9 ok. FSX scenery sits nicely in P3D as well. The only reason it wasn't allowed in this years RTW race was because of the weather problem as it does not have RW yet.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Taylor View Post
    I'll be flying the Gold-class RealAir Beech Duke B60 on the High Course. I'll take the high course, you take the low course, and I'll be in...erm...San Francisco before ye... :ernae:

Attachment 84656
    ...flying in FSX with AS2012. :salute:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

I'll be flying the bronze class Carenado Bonanza V35B (FSX) on the low course, looking forward to another great event. I don't have a payware weather program and the stock weather is unreliable at best, would it be possible to use FSrealWX lite instead. I have it set to VATSIM as the metar source and am really happy with the accuracy when compared to actual local weather.

Al

I will be flying the RealAir Lancair Legacy for a Gold class High course run. I'll use REX for weather.

I hope I can improve my record at finishing these events, I don't think I have ever managed to actually get to the end in any of the ones I've entered before...
    Klas
    Team AVSIM

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCharizma View Post
    I hope I can improve my record at finishing these events, I don't think I have ever managed to actually get to the end in any of the ones I've entered before...
    Me, too, Klas. I think I've only finished one, but I always have fun and learn a thing or two. Makes me a better pilot. :salute:
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Members who have read this thread: 0