Ooh-rah SOH

Thread: Ooh-rah SOH

Ooh-rah SOH

"The SOH has been one of the most helpful, informative, and caring sites in Flight Simulator land for all this century" This is part of a closed thread from one of the hard working people responsible for keeping SOH and our FltSim hobby alive. Since it is a closed thread, I can't respond directly. So now this new thread. I visit SOH at least half a dozen times a day. I read all posts for all new ideas and thoughts about FS. I look for news about all the many airplanes and ships and all other many fun addons to our hobby. I look for help when I am having problems, and most times I find solutions from the many FS people who also use this great site. I am not trying to start a discussion about things and no response is expected or required. All I am saying is: "OOH-RAH SOH!!!"
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Thanks John,
    We do our best and it's always nice to see this appreciated:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Beates place and Bestes people. Been coming here from the start and have lernt me some stuff.HeHe!!!
    THANKS PEOPLE!!!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

the primary site I use. rarely see a cross word.

SOH is not just an online hobby forum to me. When I'm here, either posting or just reading, I feel like I'm among friends. :salute:

Sure but that other thread forced me to Google the word "internecine" so now I sit here feeling even dumber than usual. (if you can believe that) Even worse still don't think I can pronounce it. :isadizzy: Just kidding in a non internecine way. :mixedsmi:

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    "The SOH has been one of the most helpful, informative, and caring sites in Flight Simulator land for all this century" This is part of a closed thread from one of the hard working people responsible for keeping SOH and our FltSim hobby alive. Since it is a closed thread, I can't respond directly. So now this new thread. I visit SOH at least half a dozen times a day. I read all posts for all new ideas and thoughts about FS. I look for news about all the many airplanes and ships and all other many fun addons to our hobby. I look for help when I am having problems, and most times I find solutions from the many FS people who also use this great site. I am not trying to start a discussion about things and no response is expected or required. All I am saying is: "OOH-RAH SOH!!!"

Hear, hear!

SOH is the best among other flightsim sites. Period. Friendly atmosphere and site's focus in vintage and military aviation makes this a wonderful community. Many topics here aren't just about models in the sim, but many users also contribute with history and knolwedge about the subject and that really brings a new view for simming. Freeware work also gets a lot more attention and respect here compared to some other sites, which is absolutely great thing!

I get up each morning, make coffee, check the news, and then see what's happening on SOH. Great friends here. I love this website!

NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I get up each morning, make coffee, check the news, and then see what's happening on SOH. Great friends here. I love this website!

NC
    Yup. Except I switch the last two...

NC
    I concur 110% !!!

Italo

I also concur 110%.

Morning Coffee would never be the same without SOH, thanks to all involved for this Forum
    it brings meaning to my day. I will miss it for a few days at the end of the month, having a
    new knee fitted so it will keep me occupied while I recoup.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    SOH is my first port of call in the morning forum check and the at night. The thing I like the most about SOH is you are not restricted with what you want to talk about. Some forums don't allow you to discuss products other than theirs. Also if you wish to post screenshots it must be over their scenery otherwise it is deleted. Here there is no such restrictions. And there are also a great bunch of people and very helpful developers.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    Sure but that other thread forced me to Google the word "internecine" so now I sit here feeling even dumber than usual. (if you can believe that) Even worse still don't think I can pronounce it. :isadizzy: Just kidding in a non internecine way. :mixedsmi:
    You accepted that you don't know everything, and took advantage of available resources to rectify the situation. That's my definition of SMART.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Semper Fi y'all!
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Second site I check in morning, after the weather, then last one before bed. Only FS Sim site I read. Thanks all!
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    It's an Italian soccer club, from Milan I believe...
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I also concur and express my sincere thanks to all. Not JUST those who run, maintain and moderate the site, but also the terrific bunch who 'belong' here that make it what it is.

Someone mentioned above they had never seen a crossed word here. I beg to differ (without being cross of course). There's been many a crossed word here, and that's EXACTLY why I love this place so much... Common sense almost always prevails, and moderators rarely act high and mighty, as I see in so many other forums. I see a great deal of tolerance here and I admire it.

So yes, thanks to all!!!
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

NC
    Just the same for me

:salute:
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

I know I lurk more than post but I don't miss a day without coming to this friendly and informative place. Good stuff and good people here, even if I only "know" you in a virtual sense.

Rob

I haven't been around SOH much in the last few years, but recently I started visiting again and have found that this site is still a great resource for information and addons.

Keep up the outstanding work. :salute:
    Mike M.​

My favourite site for years.Here i find everything i need.
    Michael

I haven't been around much of late,but this is still by far the friendliest sim site on the web,keep it up people.
    we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

Members who have read this thread: 0