Help Please!

Thread: Help Please!

Blog Entries

Help Please!

I cannot get the soh app. to upload a picture file onto a new post or reply to a post....The little icon goes round and round and never uploads the file! :isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy: Does anyone know a solution? Also, the "enter" key does not end text after a period and the text (like I am writing now) goes on a long line and only at the end of the box goes to a next line. No way of writing short sentences, period... and another short sentence on the next line below???????? This just happened after Windows updated automatically....

Sounds like a browser issue to me. Are you using Internet Explorer ??? That would indeed change with a OS system update and can have funny side effects.
    One reason why I don't like using it among many others.

Cheers
    Stefan

I have the same problem + I cannot enter returns into my text. This started when I received the Windows 7 IE10 update a few weeks ago. I am using Firefox now to do posts LOL:isadizzy:

Gaucho, I've had similar when my new computer came with Internet Explorer 10. The only solution I found is to go to my user settings and change the type of editor.

I've had to change from the WYSIWYG to the Standard editor. On the upside I can add spaces between my paragraphs and sentences. On the downside it doesn't allow me use of the emcons or uploading images. Since I use Photobucket for most images, its not a big deal, but it is a hassle.

I should mention that I've notified Ickie, and he's aware of the issue, and that this occurs with only a couple of my active forums - which unfortunately includes SOH.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I had the same problem with IE 10. I did a restore to a date just before the updated IE 10 was installed. This took me back to IE7. No problems now.
    I also went into my programs and unchecked auto update function. Now I have my computer set for: my translation: "Just let me know if there is an update available. I'll decided if I want to download and install it."

RD

Blog Entries

Where is this "user editor" ???

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Gaucho, I've had similar when my new computer came with Internet Explorer 10. The only solution I found is to go to my user settings and change the type of editor.

I've had to change from the WYSIWYG to the Standard editor. On the upside I can add spaces between my paragraphs and sentences. On the downside it doesn't allow me use of the emcons or uploading images. Since I use Photobucket for most images, its not a big deal, but it is a hassle.

I should mention that I've notified Ickie, and he's aware of the issue, and that this occurs with only a couple of my active forums - which unfortunately includes SOH.
    Is this user editor in SOH or in IE?

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Is this user editor in SOH or in IE?
    In this forum, select Settings > My Account > General Settings > Miscellaneous Options > Message Editor Interface:
    o Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    o Basic Editor - A simple text box
    o Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

Works for me, thank you WarHorse47 !

And I also found a cure for the attachment upload problem:
    Same settings page, Enhanced Attachment Uploading must be off

Blog Entries

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    In this forum, select Settings > My Account > General Settings > Miscellaneous Options > Message Editor Interface:
    o Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    o Basic Editor - A simple text box
    o Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

Works for me, thank you WarHorse47 !

And I also found a cure for the attachment upload problem:
    Same settings page, Enhanced Attachment Uploading must be off
    Your cure surely works... I am eternally grateful .... This is the file I was trying to upload...
    it is a new bmp for a B-45 Tornado bomber panel (1950s)...
    Darn Bill Gates and those updates that foul things and you a left hanging there without knowing what to do....

One little question... the interface to upload has changed... how do I upload stuff I had already uploaded in the past... this interface does not show any thumbnails or whatever is already on file...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Your cure surely works... I am eternally grateful .... This is the file I was trying to upload...
    it is a new bmp for a B-45 Tornado bomber panel (1950s)...
    Darn Bill Gates and those updates that foul things and you a left hanging there without knowing what to do....

One little question... the interface to upload has changed... how do I upload stuff I had already uploaded in the past... this interface does not show any thumbnails or whatever is already on file...
    To see/manage your previously uploaded attachments, go Settings > Miscellaneous > Attachments.

Members who have read this thread: 0