An update...on my life and changes therein

Thread: An update...on my life and changes therein

An update...on my life and changes therein

A year or so ago, I announced my "retirement" from flight simming and flight sim "development". Had a lot of things going on in my life, some things that were really wrong in my life, things that took priority over flight simming.

Well....I will now give you all some updates:

As you may have read in other posts, I have been working at a packaging plant.....handling, inspecting, packing and boxing fresh fruit and vegetables...for about a year now. Things are going well on the job....very well actually. I have proven myself to be a very good worker and have gained the respect and friendship of the mostly immigrant work force in my department...and in other departments were I have been sent to lend a helping hand. The supervisor in my department, along with the senior line leader, call on me when ever a production line needs a boost in productivity or when folks need to be pulled off the line for evaluations or for bathroom breaks or whatnot....I am the "go to" guy basically. And as of Wednesday, I have been given the added duties of dumping the blue (rejected produce) and brown (trash...paper, plastic, wood) hoppers into either the farm trucks (blue hoppers....rejected produce is trucked to local hog farms and given to the farmers to feed their piggies) or compactor (brown hopper).

In the last year, I have lost a considerable amount of weight. Ninety pounds thus far and still going. Currently, my waist size is 5 full pant sizes smaller....from 48 inches to 38 inches. I feel much better, look much better, have a ton more energy.

Those things most of you probably aready read about.

Now for the news:

Deb and I have parted ways. The marriage has been in trouble for a good number of years....actually, looking back....our marriage was in trouble from day one to be honest. I moved out on March 1st and have a nice little Bachelor Pad in the small town of Shelby, Ohio...which is where I work. Deb and I are doing much better as friends than we were as husband and wife.....no arguing, no stress, no hateful looks, no "I wish you would drop dead"s. I left with just the bare minimum to survive.....and am getting there. Still need to furnish the living room a bit more...but I can live fairly comfortably as things are right now. It's kind of nice being able to decorate the way I want!!!!!! I have a vintage tractor theme going on in the kitchen....it is SO COOL!

When I moved out...I did not bring my doggie with me....and I miss that little girl to death. But I knew that Hazel would be better off staying with Deb and Brutus, our other dog. I simply could not bring Hazel with me and then leave her alone for upwards of 15 hours a day...that would not be good for her.

I go over to Deb's once a week to spend time with her, we go out to the stores, I help her around the house, and I get to spend time with the doggies......boy, they go nuts when I walk in the door...especially Hazel.

All in all, I am in a better place in my life now than I was a year ago. Healthier, happier, less stress, less turmoil, less uncertainty. Yes, I do get lonely late in the evening sitting in this apartment all by myself with no one to talk to....but not every day...just once or twice a week...but I keep reminding myself: It is better to be lonely on my terms than it was to be lonely in a marriage on someone else's terms.

I have fired FS9 up a few times in the last month and done a few short flights. Might be taking another flight here in a bit.

I am still here...still alive....more alive actually. Still not able or ready to dive back into painting and tweaking FS9 aircraft....but one day....the library will once again begin seeing new uploads from OBIO's Aircraft Restoration Company.

Tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tim,

So glad you are doing ok. I know all about the life changes, having been through my share of them. For that matter, we all do - at one time or another, eh?

Besides working your tail off at the job now, what is your weight loss "secret"? I need to lose some pounds myself! Pete

Thanks for the update Obio. I'm both relieved and glad that your changing fortunes have worked out so well for you.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Tim,....I always remember what a caring, concerned and loving husband you were with Deb when she had serious health issues a few years back. Not sure if that'll get you through the Pearly Gates,.....but at least to the front of them!
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

Even as a minister, I believe that sometimes people are better separately than they are as a couple. I'm glad you two can keep the friendship part of the relationship and be there for one another. That's a good thing. . .

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

BTW, I know Shelby (a bit, anyway). I lived in Hilliard, OH for nine years.

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

Tim, It sounds like you have a good handle on things. Sorry about Deb, but sometimes it's for the best. When one door closes, often another opens, may you have many open doors ahead of you.

Charter Member 2016
    I was thinking exactly what norab posted above. It's good to see that you're the type to design his own destiny. Good luck and enjoy !

"Those who live by the sword are shot by those who don't"

I couldn't put it any better than norab's post. Best wishes Tim. :salute:

Tim, so glad to hear things are getting better for you. Enjoy reading your posts. Keep it up. Best of luck to you.

Don
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Tim, I am sorry things have taken such a turn for you..
    As always I will keep you in my prayers..
    With Hope your 'new" life develops into the wonderful and peaceful life I know you deserve..
    God bless you during this difficult changing time..