Hooligan Deuce
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hooligan Deuce

Hooligan Deuce

I bought the RAZBAM F-102 for some time ago during a sale, but I have not installed it before today. Henk has been so kind of letting me use his flight model update and it cures several of the problems I experienced with the F-102 as it was "straight from the box".

To follow my North Dakota repaint for Johns F-51D, I have painted up the Deuce as O-53432 of the Happy Hooligans of the North Dakotas 178th FIS. The "happy hooligans" was a bit difficult to get right, in the end I hand painted it and I hope it is not to bad looking.

Interesting solution with 3 internal weaponbays, new to me was the 2.75' rocket tubes in the center bay doors.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Not too bad looking you say? Man, that looks fantastic :salute: I want this paint !

cheers, Henk.

how about a PA ANG plane?

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    how about a PA ANG plane?
    Is already included in the standard package: 146th TFS, 112th TFG, PA ANG, 1975.
    I am now using Dave Quincy's 2048 x 2048 texture sets; 7 of these are reworked from the originals and one for the 118th FIS Connecticut ANG is new (they are on FlightSim.com).

Attachment 84082

Great paint as always JensOLe!! :salute:Will you be releasing it? BTW is your FDE revision available anywhere to download, Henk?

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Great paint as always JensOLe!! :salute:Will you be releasing it? BTW is your FDE revision available anywhere to download, Henk?

DaveQ
    It was in this forum once but the link is dead now, I will send you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    It was in this forum once but the link is dead now, I will send you a PM.
    Thanks Henk - got it!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I guess, I'd be willing to suffer a little and enjoy this paint too ...

Seriously - outstanding paint - this model deserves all the schemes it can get.

I too, would be interested in the revised FDE - didn't know one had been produced.

Kind regards,

DL

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Seriously - outstanding paint - this model deserves all the schemes it can get.

I too, would be interested in the revised FDE - didn't know one had been produced.

DL
    Me three

I would also like the above upgrades and you maybe reupload to the outhouse library.

Quote Originally Posted by rayhere48 View Post
    I would also like the above upgrades and you maybe reupload to the outhouse library.
    Hang in there... over the next couple of days I will put something together that can be uploaded to the Library, is not too complicated to apply and does not violate RAZBAM's copyrights.

Thanks! It sure is a sweet model, love the vc and external model. And with the help of Henk we have a belivable flight model. From a painters view the paintkit is a dream to work with.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

A better FDE? Please. count me in too...

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    A better FDE? Please. count me in too...
    I think many of us Deuce owners would love the new FDE. Any chance of it being re-uploaded here? If not, I'd like to get it via PM also.

Thanks!
    Jeff

P.S. Jens, great skin!
    I pass gas!

Jeff...

...a couple of us have been trading PMs with Henk on his revised FDE-- he's going to upload the package on SOH within the next few days (hopefully sooner!).

Kent

Excellent news. I'll be looking forward to the new textures and the FDE.

Flight Model wise....

....the other thing I notice about the RAZBAM FDE is that the range seems to be only about 1/3 of the real bird (450 miles vs. 1385 miles on the real deal). Is this what others have found to be the case also? Man, this is a GREAT FSX product-- despite the need to tweak the FDE to get more realistic performance...ya done good Ron!

Kent

HU: RAZBAM F-102A "Deuce" tweaks v2.zip is available in the Library now. Have fun with it
    - Improved handling/performance
    - Afterburner kick-in "bang" sound
    - Engine smoke
    - Simulated dragchute drag effect
    - Simulated fuel dump
    - New pilot notes quick reference
    - New VC and external camera views
    - A few texture fixes/updates

Thank you Henk. Just d/l'd the new FDE.

Time to reinstall.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Many many thanks for the new tweaks,Henk!
    Michael

Than You very much, Sir.

Test flew it and found it considerably more flyable. It won´t gather dust that much any more.

Thanks Henk, nice job !! :salute:

Cheers,
    Hank

Henk...

....EXCELLENT improvements to the Deuce FDE!!! It's a blast to fly....but seeing out of that cockpit on final approach at high angles of attack will take some getting used to! I've driven many sets of landing gears through the wings in the last 3 or 4 hours....

Love it...

Kent

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ....EXCELLENT improvements to the Deuce FDE!!! It's a blast to fly....but seeing out of that cockpit on final approach at high angles of attack will take some getting used to! I've driven many sets of landing gears through the wings in the last 3 or 4 hours....

Love it...

Kent
    Do you land with the airbrakes extended? I find that by doing so, I can hold both airspeed, VS, and a slightly lower (therefore better visibility) AoA. But I grant that visibility is a bit of a challenge on this and the '106.

Henk, this takes an already great model to new heights. Love the FDE improvements, esp around the "bite" of the braking chute. I couldn't find the soundset that the is referenced, but that's no big deal. Just curious about the AB "kick" sound.

The new AB effect is great too - though I made some edits, as it sat (at least in my view) a bit too far back, and definitely too low - you could see the lower edge of the injector ring/effect disk protrude down below skin of the AB can. The edits I made were as follows:

[LIGHTS]
    //1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    //6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
    ;------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ;VC light switches:
    ;LND/Taxi left console 3w switch
    ;BCN Ctr console "Right Light"
    ;NAV Ctr console "Position Lights - FORM"
    ;RECOGN Ctr console "Position Lights - NAV"
    ;Panel Ctr console "Instr Light"
    ;------------------------------------------------------------------------
    light.0= 4, 13.50, 0.000, 2.000, fx_Razbam_A7_vclight_red
    light.1= 1, -5.33, 0.000, 4.070, fx_Razbam_f102_flashred
    light.2= 1, -12.54, 0.000, -2.380, fx_Razbam_f102_flashred
    light.3= 3, -21.42, -17.75, -0.400, fx_navredS
    light.4= 3, -21.42, -17.75, -0.600, fx_navredS
    light.5= 3, -21.42, 17.75, -0.400, fx_navgreS
    light.6= 3, -21.42, 17.75, -0.600, fx_navgreS
    light.7= 7, -24.89, -2.89, 1.087, fx_navredS
    light.8= 7, -24.89, 2.89, 1.087, fx_navredS
    light.9= 7, -24.89, -2.89, -0.143, fx_navgreS
    light.10=7, -24.89, 2.89, -0.143, fx_navgreS
    light.11=9, -20.00, 0.00, 1.650, fx_Razbam_f102_afterburner
    light.12=6, 16.25, -0.67, -3.800, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_old
    light.13=5, -9.05, -6.70, -2.160, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_old
    light.14=5, -9.05, 6.70, -2.160, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small_old

Finally, a question for Jens, whose repaint started this whole thread - when you're done with the 178th paint, is this something that might appeal to your "off the beaten path" inclination? N617NA, operated by NASA for a short time:

This would be a superb treat - though I appreciate it may not be your cup of tea. I'm just a sucker for anything 60s/early 70s NASA, and find the scheme really suites the 102's form.

Anyway - thanks to Henk and Jens - and to other repaints (DaveQ, et al) who've added so much to this great model.

Regards,

DL

That NASA bord is definetly up my alley of interest, would make for a perfect 102 to take for a ride out of Edwards!

The happy hooligan is done in the standard texture size, i have done some work with making 2048 hi res textures, but that demands virtually a new repaint with new details, decals, panel lines etc. I have completed the tail texture as it will highlight the happy hooligan logo to get it in hi res. Ill be away next week and im considering releasing the paint as it is.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 0